News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Converting LOTR models to Fantasy.  (Read 1806 times)

Offline thespaceman

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Converting LOTR models to Fantasy.
« on: April 21, 2013, 10:37:12 PM »
Hi all,

I am doing a Lord of the rings themed chaos fantasy army and need some help fine tuning some of the concepts.

What I have so far.

Witch King of Angmar = Chaos Lord + Runesword and armour of Damnation
Saruman = Sorceror
Sal Hadin + ringwraith as heros.

25 Haradrim = Chaos Maurauders with great weapons. (the long spears look sutably nasty enough)
 - Full command

12 Easterlings = Chaos Warriors with hand weapons and shields
- Full command

12 Normal fantasy chaos warriors
- Full command

I also have a mumakil and some special rules for some sort of war mammoth with maurauders on top.

What I need to do is figure out what to do with all the archer models that come in these sets. I have about 20 haradrim archers and 10 easterling archers. Is there any way I can import them as allies, if so which army would make most sense for chaos to ally with? Another idea is to convert the models to hand weapons, but LOTR models are not as easy to work with as fantasy.

I figure a couple of trolls would just about finish this off to about 2000pts. I am trying to stay fairly loyal to the LOTR book/movie and the Chaos army list at the same time.

Any help advice would be appreciated.

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
  • Lost Roads are now found!
    • 40kOnline
  • Armies: Squats
Re: Converting LOTR models to Fantasy.
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2013, 03:24:40 AM »
The problem might be that the LOTR-models are tiny compared to the WHFB-counterparts. Human standing to human will look a bit silly. They will be the size of goblins, for the most part.

As for the archers - if you mix the unit up, not have them 10+10 but rather every other model is from one set and every other from the other, and paint them a uniform colour with few highlights (like all in sable, like the army of Minas Morgul) then I doubt anyone will spot or pay attention to it.

Lost Roads - finally released!

YouTube-clip of my Squat army.