News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Let's change this up a bit... and build a fun Dark Angels list! *gasp*  (Read 1808 times)

Offline Grand Master Lomandalis

• Grand Master of the Deathwing | Oh the lolmanity! | 40kOnline's Care Bear of LOL!
  • Global Moderator
  • We were murderers first, last, and always!
  • Armies: Dark Angels, Custodes, Knights, Night Lords
With my recent disagreements with an upcoming tournament, I have decided that I am going to do something I have not done for a very long time.  I am not going to build a list to be competitive, but I am going to build stupid amphetamine parrot to have fun with.

First on the block is this wonderful piece of craziness!

Combined Arms Detachment - 540pts

HQ
Belial:  Thunder Hammer / Storm Shield.  190pts
Librarian:  Mastery Level 2.  90pts

Troops
5 Tactical Marines:  Lascannon.  90pts

Fast Attack
Ravenwing Darkshroud80pts

Deathwing Redemption Force - 590pts
Librarian:  Terminator Armour, Force Stave, Storm Bolter, Mastery Level 2.  120pts
5 Deathwing Terminators:  Sergeant w/ Storm Shield; Lightning Claws w/ Cyclone Missile Launcher.  235pts
5 Deathwing Terminators:  Sergeant w/ Storm Shield; Lightning Claws w/ Cyclone Missile Launcher.  235pts

Hammer of Caliban - 720pts
Techmarine:  Servo Harness.  90pts
Land Raider Crusader250pts
3 Vindicators:  2 Siege Shields.  380pts

Total points:  1850
Model Count:  28

Belial and the Librarian ride in the Crusader with the Techmarine.  The Land Raider takes the hits for the Vindicators while they blast the ever-living amphetamine parrot out of everything.  The Deathwing comes in on turn 2 off Belial's teleport homer and the Darkshroud protects them from overwatch if they survive long enough to charge.

I don't expect this list to do well, but damned if it won't be fun!
If there is anything that recent politics has taught us, it is that quotes taken out of context can mean what ever you want them to.
Well I always liked the globals...
I knew I had fans!!!

"Dark Angels are Traitors" is the 40k equivalent of Flat Earthers.  You can provide all of the proof you want that says otherwise, but people just can't let it go...

Offline dog_of_war

• Aspect Warrior
  • Armies: Orks, Chaos Space Marines, Eldar, Dark Eldar
Re: Let's change this up a bit... and build a fun Dark Angels list! *gasp*
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2015, 09:17:23 AM »
I like it. The only thing that might not be fun is outflanking deffkoptas or war walkers, so if you're facing any of those I'd maybe have one of your tanks drive backwards up the field shielding the rear of your other tanks. You lose effectiveness of one of your tanks, but increase the survivability of your others.

Offline Wyddr

• Author Eminence: Hereticus Liber Daemonica | Fio'shas Shi
  • Lazerous Penguin
    • My blog about SF/F stuff
  • Armies: Daemons, Imperial Fists, Tau, Ksons, Vostroyans
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2015, 09:54:35 AM »
Instead of giving two Vindicators Siege Shields, why don't you give all three Dozer Blades? Almost the same effect, except cheaper and covers all of them.

Offline Slick Samos

• Que!!
  • Armies: Tau, Dark Angels & Salamanders
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2015, 10:45:18 AM »
What's the first librarian doing?  You could take a Ravenwing Bike Squad or Tactical Squad instead!

But glad you're changing pace a bit :P
Play more games, paint more models...

Offline Grand Master Lomandalis

• Grand Master of the Deathwing | Oh the lolmanity! | 40kOnline's Care Bear of LOL!
  • Global Moderator
  • We were murderers first, last, and always!
  • Armies: Dark Angels, Custodes, Knights, Night Lords
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2015, 11:35:11 AM »
Instead of giving two Vindicators Siege Shields, why don't you give all three Dozer Blades? Almost the same effect, except cheaper and covers all of them.
I have a tendency to reroll 1's as 1's.

What's the first librarian doing?  You could take a Ravenwing Bike Squad or Tactical Squad instead!

But glad you're changing pace a bit :P
He's in the crusader with Belial and will jump out to join the party when the terminators come in.

I played a game with this list today, and I discovered the biggest weakness for the Hammer of Caliban formation.  Wraithknights.  His first two shots of the game both rolled 6's and smoked the Land Raider and a Vindicator right off the bat, completely neutering the unit.

The game went downhill from there, and waiting on the terminators to come in on turn 2 reminded me why I don't like reserves.  So the list has been changed to give it a bit of a beefier punch!

Combined Arms Detachment - 1135pts

Lord of War
Azrael215pts

HQ
Ezekiel145pts
Librarian:  Mastery Level 2/  90pts

Elites
5 Deathwing Knights235pts
Ravenwing Command Squad:  3 Black Knights + Apothecary (4 models total) w/ 1 Ravenwing Grenade Launcher.  190pts

Troops

Fast Attack
Ravenwing Darkshroud80pts

Hammer of Caliban - 715pts
Land Raider Crusader250pts
3 Vindicators:  Dozer Blades.  375pts
Techmarine:  Servo-Harness.  90pts

Total Points:  1850
Model Count:  27

Azrael, the Deathwing Knights, and both librarians will pile into the crusader.  The Command Squad will stick close and provide some plasma support and maybe some Stasis Grenade action as well.  The Darkshroud keeps close to both of them to prevent any Overwatch.  And the Tactical Marines cower in the back, popping off Lascannon shots.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 05:21:16 PM by Grand Master Lomandalis »
If there is anything that recent politics has taught us, it is that quotes taken out of context can mean what ever you want them to.
Well I always liked the globals...
I knew I had fans!!!

"Dark Angels are Traitors" is the 40k equivalent of Flat Earthers.  You can provide all of the proof you want that says otherwise, but people just can't let it go...