News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Help with a marine army  (Read 1103 times)

Offline ΦMacGyvorkΦ

• Ork Boy
  • Don't botha me! I'm workin' on sumfin'!
Help with a marine army
« on: January 18, 2012, 07:06:20 PM »
Hey all,

I have recently received a commission job to paint and sell his Marine army. My question is:

What would be the most popular and therefore most likely army to be sold on Ebay?  I would imagine Blood Angels at this point. It does not have to be the army itself, merely units. He has the following:

This is the army as a whole, quite a few units as you can see. They were originally designed for an Imperial Fists army.

He has gone to the trouble of getting some Forgeworld icons as well as some land raider doors I believe.

I believe I am going to go with the standard colour schemes on of course the legion specific models such as Lysander and Calgar. Librarians and Chaplains are pretty straight forward. What should be done about the honour/command squad behind? Ultrasmurfs on the ones that have specific icons?

Of course these will be done up as Blood Angels :)

Now for the rest of the army. If you could help me out deciding on what chapter some of these units would most likely belong in, please let me know !!!

5 TH/SS Terminators ( they have the Imperial Fist Icons on them ): - Imperial Fists/ Crimson Fists?
Vanguard:
Sternguard (should they be added with drop pods?):
Devastators:
Techmarine ( Thunderfire Cannon ):
Techmarine and Servitors:
Land Raider: Blood Angels?
Land Raider Redeemer: Blood Angels?
Whirlwind (not sure anyone will buy these):
Drop Pods:
Command Squad:

This really isn't so much a painting question as a chapter/legion question as I have no idea if a Thunderfire Cannon is at all useful in a White Scars army for example. So I hope it stays in the Marine forum.

Thank you very much for your help  :)

Offline Spectral Arbor

• Major
  • Thanks for the help.
Re: Help with a marine army
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2012, 03:33:32 AM »
Have you considered advertising that you're selling figures, and that you'll paint to suit?

Otherwise, I think Blood Angels would be safe. If I were to get back into Marines, I'd probably go standard, but a red paint job gives you a direct port to Blood Angels... meh.

I just like having a consistent paint scheme, so wouldn't buy painted models in the "Wrong" colours anyhow... I'd just be stripping them and calling it a day.

If you're just painting it to increase the sale value... I doubt you'll find it's worth your time.

Offline ΦMacGyvorkΦ

• Ork Boy
  • Don't botha me! I'm workin' on sumfin'!
Re: Help with a marine army
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2012, 03:42:19 AM »
That is a fair point. Thank you for your input. I guess I am trying to practice painting while I am at it. Two birds with one stone sort of thing  ;). I think I will look at posting in the trade section or just come up with unique well painted schemes just for myself, strip it and sell it on ebay hah !