News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: The 40kOnline Forum Awards 2009: Space Marine Poster of the Year Nominations  (Read 2068 times)

Offline -Makenshi-

• I See Stupid People
  • Ancient
The 40kOnline Forum Awards 2009.

See the above for the rules and specifics of the Forum Awards, and use the linked thread for general questions.

Make your nominations for the Space Marine Poster of the Year here in this thread or through PMing me (though clearly title it so I can easily tell what it's about). The only limit is that you can not nominate the previous winner, which was in this case was YuenglingDragon. You can only nominate a single person for an award, but there is no limit to how many awards you can nominate someone for (whether the same member or a different one).

Oh, and people, please remember to use full usernames or link to the profile as I don't know every member of this site's nickname/acronym/shorthand/etc. etc. etc.

Nominees
  • Hymirl [3]
  • NewHeretic [8]
  • ~Sun Captain Radiant~ [2]
  • Grand Master Lolmandius [2]
  • Genius Monkey [1]
  • Dregogg [1]

~MTWC
« Last Edit: January 3, 2010, 09:32:00 PM by Angepisster Weißer Konservativer Hinterwäldler »
Quote from: IainC
Because spamming the hotkey for a Deathknight's weapon in WoW is precisely the same as learning to use a sword in real life. That's why when Kendo grandmasters fight, they just stand there shouting keystroke combos at each other.

Offline NewHeretic

• Same Heretic, New God | Ork Boy
So many people I'd love to see get the award for this thread, but, since I may only nominate one, I will suggest Hymirl as the greatest font of Space Marine facts this year.  :)

NewHeretic

Counted ~MTWC
« Last Edit: December 21, 2009, 03:54:25 PM by Angepisster Weißer Konservativer Hinterwäldler »
Good advice from Joshua:

Choose you this day
Whom you will serve...
As for me and my house,
We will serve the Lord.

NewHeretic, forum policeman.

Offline Lorizael

• GW Shill: Infinity Circuit: Synergistic Spotter of Numpties
  • Ancient
I second Hymenirely.

Counted ~MTWC
« Last Edit: December 21, 2009, 07:03:52 PM by Angepisster Weißer Konservativer Hinterwäldler »

Offline Paraplegic

• Captain
  • Lazerous Penguin
I'd like to nominate NewHeretic for the award. There'll be alot of times where I read a frankly terrible army list post with awful grammar and can't bring myself to post on it only to check back the next day to see that NewHeretic has posted excellent advice whilst somehow retaining his sanity. Props to you sir.

Counted ~MTWC
« Last Edit: December 21, 2009, 07:11:00 PM by Angepisster Weißer Konservativer Hinterwäldler »

Offline augustmanifesto

paraplegic beat me to the punch: I submit my vote for New Heretic :)

Counted ~MTWC
« Last Edit: December 21, 2009, 07:11:15 PM by Angepisster Weißer Konservativer Hinterwäldler »
join 40k0 on facebook!

Biff Puzzled his brains. He thunk fast. The Emp was the Emp, natch. Techs worshiped the Emp. Even Scum swore by the Emp...The Emp was megabossgod. Yet who was the Emp? Where was the Emp?
Everwhere. Nowhere
Somewhere.
Not Here...
So maybe nowhere near.
Maybe the Emp was further away than Biff could imagine. And even more mega.

Offline umklaus1

Id like to throw  ~Sun Captain Radiant~ out there. Always see him on the board and is always offering advice.

Counted ~MTWC
« Last Edit: December 22, 2009, 12:56:48 PM by Angepisster Weißer Konservativer Hinterwäldler »
TURN1: The night goblin archers advance to the cover of the forest... The forest in turn brutally attacks the unarmored goblins and causes them to flee from battle. Brought to you by eight edition!

Offline Lorizael

• GW Shill: Infinity Circuit: Synergistic Spotter of Numpties
  • Ancient
Id like to throw  ~Sun Captain Radiant~ out there. Always see him on the board and is always offering advice.

Everyone offers advice, it's whether it's good advice that counts! ;)

Offline NewHeretic

• Same Heretic, New God | Ork Boy

Everyone offers advice, it's whether it's good advice that counts! ;)

It is, in SCR's case.  He's a quality member of the 40k0! community well deserving of the nomination.  I'd second him, if we were allowed to nominate more than one. :)

NewHeretic
Good advice from Joshua:

Choose you this day
Whom you will serve...
As for me and my house,
We will serve the Lord.

NewHeretic, forum policeman.

Offline Venator101

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Post modifier extraordinaire!
I'd like to nominate NewHeretic for the award. There'll be alot of times where I read a frankly terrible army list post with awful grammar and can't bring myself to post on it only to check back the next day to see that NewHeretic has posted excellent advice whilst somehow retaining his sanity. Props to you sir.

Seconded. I would also like to vote for NewHeretic. Offered advice for a frankly rather noobish 40k player (myself) more times than i can remember  ;D :P . Although the whole community here is excellent i must say. Glad a found this board when i did :)

Thanks

Counted ~MTWC
« Last Edit: December 22, 2009, 07:24:15 PM by Angepisster Weißer Konservativer Hinterwäldler »
Honest Win/Draw/Loss Record since 9th August 2010:
Space Marines: 49/18/22
Black Templars: 8/3/3
Grey Knights: 21/6/7
1500 Pts Black Templars vs Necrons. Capture and Control. Draw. 1-1 Objectives.

I don't get much time to play Warhammer recently unfortunately.

Offline Raktra (So long, I guess)

• Skarboy | Ripper | Princess of Baal
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Armies: Grey Knights
Hymril.

Counted ~MTWC
« Last Edit: December 22, 2009, 07:24:23 PM by Angepisster Weißer Konservativer Hinterwäldler »

Offline HC118

Newheritic

Counted ~MTWC
« Last Edit: December 22, 2009, 10:28:21 PM by Angepisster Weißer Konservativer Hinterwäldler »
Like everything else in the Imperium, Space Marine vehicles are powered by skulls, purity seals and screaming bald men.

Intermittently out of hiatus.

Offline Guardsman Haddock

• Blistering Blue Barnacles!
Again, NewHeretic for the same reason Paraplegic gave.  A quick browse through the SM forums will show he's got a reply in almost every thread (or it seems that way at least!).

Counted ~MTWC
« Last Edit: December 22, 2009, 10:50:06 PM by Angepisster Weißer Konservativer Hinterwäldler »

Offline SeriousCallersOnly

• Brother Sergeant
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • This is not a Space Marine
  • Armies: Dark Angels, Tyranids
Grand Master Lolmandalis. Because marines in dresses count too.

Counted ~MTWC
« Last Edit: December 23, 2009, 06:25:19 AM by Angepisster Weißer Konservativer Hinterwäldler »

Offline Guildmage Aech

• FLAMER: Ego Bigger than his Common Sense Centre | 40KO's Care Bear of Spite | Dolphin Death Dealer | 40K Oracle
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Personal text
Grand Master Lolmandalis. Because marines in dresses count too.

I agree!

Counted ~MTWC
« Last Edit: December 25, 2009, 01:57:26 PM by Angepisster Weißer Konservativer Hinterwäldler »
Rules Expert 2007 | Kijayle Commemorative Award for Acid Wit 2008 | Most Notoriously Valuable Rules Expert 2009 | Most Notorious 2014

Offline Dunedain

• Distance..out of reach...just a hair's breath away
I nominate Newheretic.

Counted ~MTWC
« Last Edit: December 25, 2009, 03:08:43 PM by Angepisster Weißer Konservativer Hinterwäldler »
We passed upon the stairs. He spoke of was and when. Although i wasn't there, he said i was his friend. which came as a surprise

I spoke into his eyes "I thought you died alone, a long long time ago."

He laughed "Oh no, not me, we never lost control, you're face to face, with the man who sold the world"

Quote from: Warfare;45947
Thank you Captain Politically Correct.
To survive in this world, one must be as mad as a hatter...thankfully, i am

I will kill the pedobears.All of them. Forever

Offline Eidolon

Genius Monkey
for a new poster he is very productive.

Counted ~MTWC
« Last Edit: December 28, 2009, 09:36:30 PM by Angepisster Weißer Konservativer Hinterwäldler »

Offline Calamity

• Concussor Concussed Dice | Captain
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Cocking up miniatures since 1998
  • Armies: Kharadron Overlords, Bloodbound, Celestial Lions
NewHeretic, cuz he deserves to win something. :)

Counted ~MTWC
« Last Edit: December 28, 2009, 09:36:35 PM by Angepisster Weißer Konservativer Hinterwäldler »

Offline ~Iron Captain Softy~

• The Flesh is Weak!
  • Armies: Ghost Knights
Newheretic. He's got the cool going for him, as well as friendly advice and support for all the guys with burning questions.

I'm suprised I even got mention >.> Seems my labor isn't all for nothing.

Counted ~MTWC
« Last Edit: December 30, 2009, 06:27:57 PM by Angepisster Weißer Konservativer Hinterwäldler »
They've got us surrounded? That simplifies the problem.
-General Lewis "Chesty" Puller, USMC

Offline BlackLegionaire

• Death to the false emperor!!!
Dregogg has given me lot's of insight SM's weak points. Fairly new, but precise.

Counted ~MTWC
« Last Edit: January 1, 2010, 04:33:50 PM by Angepisster Weißer Konservativer Hinterwäldler »
Kill Maim Burn Kill Maim Burn

Offline Artcore

• "It's such a fine line between stupid and clever"
    • My jazz combo: Starlight Jazz Trio
  • Armies: Ultra Marines
I nominate ~Sun Captain Radiant~

Counted ~MTWC
« Last Edit: January 3, 2010, 09:31:53 PM by Angepisster Weißer Konservativer Hinterwäldler »