News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Legion of the Damned  (Read 1909 times)

Offline Bezerker

• Blood for the Blood God!
Legion of the Damned
« on: August 14, 2002, 01:02:17 PM »
What do you guys think about it, are they're any fluff ruler stuff like that? All i can remember is that a chapter called the red talons or something like that fire hawks maybe well got stuck in a warp storm some disease and turned into the LotD. So are they're any guidlines I should follow fluff otherwise?
The Throne was a mile high. Constructed of ancient brass and bare, bone white skulls. A river of blood twisted around it and followed down a long brass road to meet the throne. The place was lite only from the white hot fire which erupted from time to time, a evil forge. As I approached the top I lo

Offline Scars

• Warning: He bites
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Spooky! Shocking!
    • Progressive Labour Party
Re:Legion of the Damned
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2002, 08:22:23 PM »
there are rules for them but they are more designed as a add on for another army. I mean you could have a whole army of them but having all of  them disapearing on turn 3 would suck ass.

my suggestion:

no libarians (their barains would turn to mush after huge amount of time in the warp)

no transports or tanks, after thousands of years without a base of operations the tanks would have been destroyed long ago.

0-1 dread, although it would be hard to maintain tanks special effort would be put towards keeping such a great hero alive.

no scout squads, since they are nomadic I doubt they would recruit people and they wouldn't hav ethe tech to operate on them.

You always must deploy from drop pods. this represents them mysticly appearing on a battle field.

There is fluff for them in the 2nd ed ultramarines codex and 2 WDs. The month the models were released and the month the new eldar codex was released, the new rules are in it too.
'The genius of you Americans is that you never make clear-cut stupid moves, only complicated stupid
moves'
- Abd al-Nasir
Progressive Labour Party

Callidus

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2002, 01:53:41 PM »
I think tanks would be allowed. I mean, Chaos still has tanks, but they don't make them, just stole them 10,000 years ago in the Heresy. Also, add some termies in there, because if they would bother to keep the dread, they would bothr to keep the tactical dreads.

Offline Scars

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Spooky! Shocking!
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2002, 08:55:42 PM »
yes but chaos have worlds to sit on and tinker with their tanks, LoD don't.
'The genius of you Americans is that you never make clear-cut stupid moves, only complicated stupid
moves'
- Abd al-Nasir
Progressive Labour Party

Offline LehmanRuss

• Has a Custom Title
  • Hey, you mess with the Bull, you get the Horns.
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2002, 10:15:34 PM »
If you have WD 236, there's a battle report there between Imperial Fists w/ Legion of the Damned buddies against Biel Tan Eldar.

In the report, whenever the Legion appears and dies, it just vanishes, like a ghost.  Even the dreadnought does on page 100.

So I highly doubt the Legion of the Damned operate anything like a normal chapter, or even like how Chaos legions work.  Everything's all ghostly and stuff and doesn't really need to be maintained...at least I think that's how it is.
We've been run down every hill.  Chased up all the dead end streets.  But if you try to cut us out, you'll get a kick in the teeth!

There's only two ways this can end, and in both of them, you die.

[img]http://www.ultinomicon.com/images/ultbigbanner.jpg[/i

Offline Scars

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Spooky! Shocking!
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2002, 10:53:42 AM »
realy who knows, until GW get off their fat cat asses and make some better fluff we will never know.
moves'
- Abd al-Nasir
Progressive Labour Party

Offline Scythe

• Flamer: Superiority Complex BANNED
  • Banned for flaming
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2002, 11:07:20 PM »
The Legion of Damned do not exsist as such and yes they have vehicles, dreadnought etc, but there is no rules for them in 40k apart from adding a command squad and the tactical squads.
I first saw the 5 years ago I think in one of my White Dwarfs they had all the rules for 40k Second Edition and even a Special Character, I can tell you now they are expensive but very deadly until they disappear, it also had a good pieces of fluff but not enough to tell you who they are, but they are not controlled by the Imperium.

Offline Insidious Heresy

• General, Hero of Medusa V
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2002, 11:29:34 PM »
the legion of the damed was part of the 22nd founding i believe and was sent to fight the astral claws when they split from the imperium. during their warp travel they got some weird disease thing that was slowly killing them but the farther along it got the stronger the marine got. They are not really part of the imperium anymore but are loyal to the emperor, if any Inquisitor got his hands on one he would kill the poor marine because of the mutations... the rules for having an entire army of them is no longer on the GWW website. but essentially they were better in CCW and could have Rhinoes and the entire army deep striked... no dreads, and only the elite LOTD squad would disappear i believe... i always liked their fluff and was going to satrt an army of them but to expensive at the time