News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Leagues of Lore!  (Read 3428 times)

Online Sir_Godspeed

• Lazerous Penguin
  • "Bees. My God" was an obscure Batman quote.
Leagues of Lore!
« on: October 18, 2022, 11:31:22 AM »
With the (re-)introduction of the Leagues of Votann into Warhammer, it feels like one of the more significant lore drops in the last several years. I've actually gone ahead and gotten a little excited (foolish me).

I haven't read the Codex itself, just prowled wikis and listened to podcasts, but overall I think the Kin lore is pretty good! Does anyone else have any particular thoughts?

The differentiation between the different Leagues is a bit barebones, imho, and we have a dearth of named characters, but those are problems that will undoubtedly get fleshed out in the future. Err, hopefully.

Offline Grand Master Lomandalis

• Grand Master of the Deathwing | Oh the lolmanity! | 40kOnline's Care Bear of LOL!
  • Global Moderator
  • We were murderers first, last, and always!
  • Armies: Dark Angels, Custodes, Knights, Night Lords
Re: Leagues of Lore!
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2022, 02:02:56 PM »
I like the embracing of "heretical" technology and the stand-offish nature they have with the Imperium.  Not entirely sold on the idea of them being vat-grown, though...
If there is anything that recent politics has taught us, it is that quotes taken out of context can mean what ever you want them to.
Well I always liked the globals...
I knew I had fans!!!

"Dark Angels are Traitors" is the 40k equivalent of Flat Earthers.  You can provide all of the proof you want that says otherwise, but people just can't let it go...