News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Alternative Space Hulk tiles?  (Read 1675 times)

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Alternative Space Hulk tiles?
« on: January 28, 2019, 06:39:17 PM »
So, I've kicked off a custom Campaign of space Hulk, but the tile set is a bit limiting. Has anyone found alternative tiles?

It would be great to be able to have custom room sizes and hallways that are 2 tiles wide.

WorldWorks seems to have some interesting options, but doesn't look like its the right scale.

Offline Myen'Tal

• Lazerous Penguin
Re: Alternative Space Hulk tiles?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2019, 07:32:31 PM »
Hi Mage,

Never played space hulk, and I'm not certain it'll work, but what about the Blackstone Fortress box? Has a lot of tiles, and I think you can set them up to where when you have no tiles bordering another tile, you can consider that the edge of the hallway or room? I'd check out Warhammer TV's Blackstone fortress play-through to take a closer look at the tiles and find out how they work.
JohnMaloneBooks website - Blog #3 - From Novella to Novel

- 5/5 Reader's Favorite Review!

A Sanctum of Swords: Embers Edition is coming soon w/ audiobook!

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Re: Alternative Space Hulk tiles?
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2019, 04:54:48 PM »
Blackstone fortress tile system is hex based rather than squares. This throws off the movement system in space hulk, it also changes how close combat and flanking works. I wouldn't mind getting my hands on a box of blackstone fortress, lots of nice models and the AI mechanics are great.

The other problem is blackstone fortress is small, 4 player models, with a 5th player being the enemy. I'm running a campaign for 6+ people, so needs space for 12 or so player models place a horde of bugs :)

I think worldworksgames is probably my best bet, they have options for 1.5 inch squares which will help with GW's ever growing base sizes. There are some amazing 3D stuff around as well, which would be awesome but it aint cheap.