News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: *sniff**sobb*..my devilfish broke..*sniff**sobs*  (Read 2299 times)

Offline MonkeyGod

• The Youngin'
  • "...you dont know what i got in this fake suit..."
*sniff**sobb*..my devilfish broke..*sniff**sobs*
« on: December 8, 2002, 12:53:40 AM »
Okay, while i was at one of my hockey games my brother had his friend over. I had my dfish on the table (touching it up)

They were playing and his stupid little friend knocked it over (they didnt even tell me when i got back. I found out when i picked it up to put it away)

The flying stand thingy snapped of right in the hole. Being the genuises they are they thought that they might as well glue it together. So now i got a big grey hole (his glue ate the paint :'(), my flying base nob glued in there, and a strange fuzz on the bottom (tissue paper when they tried to wipe it away.

So i need help. I was thinking drill it out with a pin vice.

i dunno HELP!!!!!!!!!!1
I'm Back!

Offline Anivin-ra

• Ancient
  • does this dress make me look fat?
Re:*sniff**sobb*..my devilfish broke..*sniff**sobs*
« Reply #1 on: December 8, 2002, 01:32:16 AM »
ok first calm down .... do not kill your brother ... I know you want to but remember unlike california merder in canada is bad ... although in this case the judge may let you off ...better not chance it ....it could be worse. Once back in the day I ordered a tempast tank from forge world .fed ex delivered it and left the package by the door  my stupid sister drove over it with her stupid big fat crappy car !!! ..... sorry i'm still not quite over it and that was .... dunno like 14 years ago.. :o
 any way a flie a blade and a dremmel tool will solve your problem cut off the fussy stuff and trim the model up nicly then use the dremel to drill out the whole in your devil fish then (buy a new stand )or drill a small whole in the stand and using wire or cable pin it .... then go back over it and paint *sigh* or just beat a new one out of your brother !!! ok ok that's a bad idea ... but I bet you want to  ;)
"old" scorpion tail

Offline Aerundel

• My name is Oobedoob Benubi.
    • My BatRep
« Reply #2 on: December 8, 2002, 02:25:51 AM »
An exacto knife applied right to the hole will get rid of the blockage quick enough. If you're worried about making the hole too big for a stand, just dig a little with the knife, creating a pilot hole for your pin vice. Then file or sand the fuzzy crap off and repaint. A dremel seems a little too big for the job to me. But then, I haven't sprung the cash for one either  :P

Offline farseer reg

• bilbo baggins = vin diesel
« Reply #3 on: December 8, 2002, 04:11:14 AM »
the guys at my local gw told me to use a pin vice and drill a hole when the same happened to my fire prism
bilbo baggins = vin diesel

Offline TAUriffic

• Mmmmm....Railguns.....
    • The Wordsmiths of 40k
« Reply #4 on: December 8, 2002, 10:17:24 AM »
For my Eldar, the stands broke off in the vehicles many times.  To solve it, I just got my trusty drill gun, found a bit the right size, and drilled through the blockage.  In about 3 seconds you've got your hole back, good as new. :)

I wouldn't worry too much about the underside of the Devilfish.  No one will see it anyway.

Although if you want to be mean, say to your brother and his friend it was beyond repair and they have to buy you a new one...hehehe... ;D
The Tau are unstoppable...the Tau are unbeatable...the Tau are TAUriffic!!

Offline MonkeyGod

• The Youngin'
« Reply #5 on: December 8, 2002, 11:39:51 AM »
Thats what i'd thought i'd do. My dads got a dremel lying around the house somewhere. I dont want to kill my brother, i want to kill his friend. He was the genuis.

She ran over your tempest!!!???

That must suck!
I'm Back!

Offline xv15.

« Reply #6 on: December 8, 2002, 12:13:07 PM »
You know what I would do.

1.  Use a pin vice or use an exacto knife to get your whole back.

2. If you did it my way,(which I thought ahead when I did this, thinking of the stand inevitably breaking off), I don't glue the flying stand in the hole, I also don't glue the turret on (for hammerhead) or the hatch (for devilfish) I just put it in, if it slips out too easily, then paint the inside of the hole, and if it snaps  off, you get something pointy and push the tip of the flying stand all the way through the hole, then take the turret or hatch off and let the piece come out through their, then break the broken pole off of the base, and take a spare pole (which you will have, you collect tau), cut the bottom connecter piece off and glue that in the center off the base, then stick it in your vehicle.

Remember this for next time. It saves a lot of trouble with a pin vice.

Also I can't believe your sister ran over your tempest! Id take her keys and scratch up her car, then deflate the tires, then put water in the gas tank, and write retard all over the car in paint.

That's getting even, the fun way!
The man who makes a beast of himself,
rids himself of the pain of being a man.

Offline Anivin-ra

• Ancient
« Reply #7 on: December 8, 2002, 12:44:57 PM »
ya it was really bad the model was totly destroyd and if I keyed her car she would never have noticed it was a piece of junk although I did put a signe in the back window that said something like i'm a big dork and I can't see where i'm driving lol she didn't see it for like a week.

even though  my folks made her buy me a new one I still  had to wait three weeks to get it and I missed a huge turni because of it... but after years of theripy I'm fianly coming to grips with it  ;)  *twich twich*
"old" scorpion tail

Offline MonkeyGod

• The Youngin'
« Reply #8 on: December 8, 2002, 01:04:28 PM »
lol, i was thinking of getting back at my brothers friend by challenging him to a battle. He always brags his ultramarines army has never lost, and i would like to put an end to that (i havent played him yet ;D)

I never glue flying bases to thier models, even with drones. They glued it in so that i wouldnt find out ::)
I'm Back!

Offline Wiggus

• Happiness is Mandatory
  • Ancient
  • For the greater good!!!!!
« Reply #9 on: December 8, 2002, 01:08:32 PM »
a good revenge tactic depending on how mean you are would be to hide ablender under the game table and make him prove something to you out of the codex and while he looks drop his favourite model into the blender and have your own personnel slave after some careful negotiations
My name is Steven Wilson
My friends call me Wiggy
My enemies call me Mr Wilson
You may call me Sir!
'Who Dares Wins'
'Better to be tried by 12 than carried by 6'
'I love being a writer; I just dont like the paper work'
'Don't make me angry, you wont like it when im angry'

Offline MonkeyGod

• The Youngin'
« Reply #10 on: December 8, 2002, 01:11:21 PM »
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D

ahhh thats good. But i couldnt do that.

Well, i am going to xperiment with some tools before i start. I'll let ya know how i make out after ;)
I'm Back!

Offline MonkeyGod

• The Youngin'
« Reply #11 on: December 8, 2002, 02:08:58 PM »
Okay, heres what happened. I was going to drill it out with my pin-vice, so i pushed real hard and................ ................... ................... ................... ................... ................... ................... ................... ................... ........It pushed out into the back. you know that the hole goes right thru into the body? well thats wereit went :D

So it worked. And im happy :-*
I'm Back!

Offline Insidious Heresy

• General, Hero of Medusa V
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #12 on: December 8, 2002, 04:56:55 PM »
How bad of a driver do you have to be to run over a package that is sitting next to your door....... why do you pull u[ with 3 feet of the front door anyways...

And don't you mean Armorcast Tempest?  Forgeworld doesn't make a Tempest and probably never will.

Offline Halberd-Blue

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Long Live C'Nesha
    • Lord of the Universe's Website
« Reply #13 on: December 8, 2002, 08:16:23 PM »

I wouldn't worry too much about the underside of the Devilfish.  No one will see it anyway.
One of the destroyed results has you flip the vehicle on its side or back (whichever way balances best) so people will see the underside of the devilfish.

And don't you mean Armorcast Tempest?  Forgeworld doesn't make a Tempest and probably never will.
They make a Scorpion, which is what they renamed it too.
"The rewards of tolerance are treachery and betrayal."

Offline Anivin-ra

• Ancient
« Reply #14 on: December 9, 2002, 01:06:54 AM »
How bad of a driver do you have to be to run over a package that is sitting next to your door....... why do you pull u[ with 3 feet of the front door anyways...

And don't you mean Armorcast Tempest?  Forgeworld doesn't make a Tempest and probably never will.
well because she's probably the dumbest person on the planit and has wrecked 5 cars now and pays more in insurance in a month then I pay for my house.... ok maybe not that much but i'm sure with five accidents on her record shes paying allot.
 and the sad fact is that there was a brick flower box that she embeded her front bumper in after she ran over the box that was less than a foot from the door ....*sigh* she drove into the garage door once two.. I think they should revoke her licence but no one listens to me .... it's good that she got married and moved to another state.

I believe you are right it was armor cast.
 now I'm not up to speed with what happened to them ??
"old" scorpion tail

Offline Dar-kone

• No it's not a misspelling
« Reply #15 on: December 9, 2002, 07:02:34 PM »
*cough* accidental Ultramarine FIRE *cough*

roast em' good;D

Offline MonkeyGod

• The Youngin'
« Reply #16 on: December 9, 2002, 10:35:48 PM »
What happend to armour cast? a fire? I never knew?! ??? ???
I'm Back!

Offline Insidious Heresy

• General, Hero of Medusa V
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #17 on: December 9, 2002, 10:44:30 PM »
Armorcast is still around, although GW made sure that Armorcast could long longer manufacture the Titan and super heavy kits that Armorcast produced.   The Titans of both the Adpetus Titanicus and Eldar are both very good quality but I havn't really seen any of the Tyranid constructs or ork gargant/stomper.

I always thought that the Tempest got replaced by the Falcon in roles... don't know why I think that but I do.  The Tempest was a good model too, how bad was the mode damaged when it's box got run over?

Offline Anivin-ra

• Ancient
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2002, 03:08:08 AM »
it was ugly it was crumbled and bent and ... well destroyed ... i found it when I came outside to go to my friends house. I thought ha one of mom's packages got ran over boy is julie (my sister)gonna get it ... then I looked closer to see what it was .... I was speechless .... I wanted to beat her unmercifully .... but I got over it when my folks found out  ;)
"old" scorpion tail

Offline Siege_TF

• Lazerous Penguin
  • *Slurp* I mean... *Sip*
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2002, 03:32:34 AM »
Could you tell me one more time why she had an urge to drive two feet in front of the door again?

I'm thinking maybe chaos got to your dad's geneseed.
Onager 
/ˈänəjər
/Noun
An animal of a race of the Asian wild ass (Equus hemionus onager) native to northern Iran.

In other words GW are calling Tau players wild asses for wanting a melee suit option.