News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: tau tactics advice  (Read 552 times)

Offline damian_102

tau tactics advice
« on: October 26, 2007, 05:21:15 PM »
hi i am playing apocalypse with a tau army and am lookin 4 some advice how to deal with hi strength template weaponsany advice would be very welcome

Offline The_Outcast

• Infinity Circuit
  • I am the only one who left willingly.
Re: tau tactics advice
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2007, 08:29:07 PM »
Coming from what/ A vehicle the answer to that is simpl a Rail will kill anything...ANYTHING . Bangblade, Put enough rail gun shots into it and it will go down. Other than that stay at range, don't get to close to anything you don't have to. Target prioty is key acess what it is the biggest threat then kill it and move donw the line.  Have you read the stickies?

The_Outcast

Offline DammageInc

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2007, 04:38:48 AM »
Railheads, 70 or so inches out, sitting OVER cover giving them a LOS on the entire battlefield :)

Or if you prefer a few barracudas and a tigershark ax-1-0 (what I just ordered), doesn't mean not to take railheads, the range from them is a huge advantage in 5K+ point games (fielding 6 in a 5k army).

Offline Jinx ShadowSong

• The Unreal
« Reply #3 on: November 5, 2007, 06:02:59 AM »
To survive: Stick yourself in cover. If you need to advance, then do so going from cover to cover. If enemy needs LOS to shoot at you, deny LOS with terrains....or a landed devilfish. Spread your men so that they are 2" away from each other... in a line, if you want the least casualty... Other than that, just pray, and throw those cover save dice.

Or you could simply eliminate the big bad tank shooting at you.
Live to see tomorrow. Live to die tomorrow. Everyday - Cole Rift

"We are outnumbered and outgunned. So lets go behind them and slam something up their ass as hard and as quickly as possible" Shas'o Dal'yth Remi