Hey all. After roaming through the threads and seeing some comments, I thought that it may be good to have a general technical help thread. It would a place where anyone with a legitimate question about computers can ask and not worry about being ridiculed. I want this to be a plce where no question is considered dumb. Not all people are computer whizzes afterall. A few ground rules just to make sure that no toes are stepped on or laws violated. Ibrought up the suggestion with the mods and it hasn't warranted it's own section, but since all of us here have computers (obviously), why not have a thread at least.
1. Do not ask for key generators, cracks, hacks or copies of either in this thread. Breaking the law is bad. Getting this site shut down, worse. 29 000+ users will be upset.
2. No flaming someone about their question, remember there are no dumb questions.
3. No download links. This is to help prevent someone from getting malicious software on their system. If you have an information link post it, but NO download links.
4. No AMD VS Intel wars please. We each have our preferences, but remember it may not be the specific person who bought the system. Be polite.
5. Please do not post misleading information. If you're not not sure about something, say so. Better to be safe than sorry.
6. Any questions related to game help: "Where do I find X?" go in the Video Game section.
If anyone else has suggestions please feel to add them and I will add them to the rules. Remember, we're all friends here, let's help each other out. I want this thread to be a resource of information of issues that we may have experienced and resolved so other people can benefit.