News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Glue  (Read 375 times)

Offline Bjarkov

Glue
« on: July 30, 2005, 03:47:21 PM »
Now I'm sure this isn't where this kind of question goes, but I not sure where it would go. Anyway, I need some adive on removing glue from a model. All I want to do is take off one of the arms. Now I don't want to just pry it off anf maybe break the model, and I don't want to take off all the paint on it either. Can anyone help me please?
He who does not punish evil, commands it to be done.

Offline Frost

• Flyentology
Re: Glue
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2005, 03:52:28 PM »
When I took an arm off one of my guardians, carefully scrapping the edges with an exacto knife worked for me.

Offline Patrick Bateman

• I have to return some videotapes.
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2005, 04:16:58 PM »
Not much you can do if it was plastic and you used platic glue, since it melts the plastic to give it a hold.

Now if it is super glue, you can buy products which you pour on the area, which removes the super glue. You can buy this at an ace hardware store, or lowes or homedepot. Hoppy stores have them also.

Offline nnnnn

• /\/\i 1zzz +3}{ a\/\/350/\/\3!!!!!!111oneoneone
    • stem the tide of urban 4x4s!
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2005, 12:10:11 PM »
use a really sharp knife and just cut the two parts apart, the surfaces you want to separate probably aren't that well bonded anyway
If you poke an Ursadon enough, it'll explode

Offline Shas'Oink

• Sky Ray Pimp Daddy | Infinity Circuit | Ban me, I dare you! | The Fallen didn't fall, they were pushed. | Winner of the 2008 40K Online Longest Title Competition, awarded again with oak leaves, five years and running | Now with O:nkling! | Axe
  • Ancient
  • 87% sure I'm straight
    • oinks overambitious terrain project(s)
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2005, 12:24:11 PM »
as has been said, if the model is plastic you can get the parts apart by cutting them carefully. if the arm you are dealing with is a flat join it should be easy, but if it is a ball joint it will be more difficult, but there is no other way with plastic.