News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Highlighting and painting jumppacks  (Read 561 times)

Offline Loop

Highlighting and painting jumppacks
« on: March 13, 2005, 11:15:30 PM »
Hey guys, I need to learn how to paint the jumppacks and highlight it so it looks good, or natural (or both, if possible)

Right now, I'm having a really hard time paint the jumppacks because the edges are really thick, got any suggestions for me to paint thiner lines?

Soon, I will also be participating in a competition, so answers before thursday is most helpful.

Offline Tom2005

• Half the fun is that I can't keep up...
Re: Highlighting and painting jumppacks
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2005, 03:47:04 PM »
Basically you need to use a finer brush, and take your time. It takes practice, but it'll come to you eventually. I know this is late, as the contest is tomorrow but I hope this helps and good luck - let us know how it goes :)
'Do you remember the forgotten America? Justice, equality, freedom to every race; just need to get past all the lies and hypocrasy' - Oxygen, Willy Mason.

Offline EldarZach

• Call me if you need a drummer and feed the poor
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2005, 09:41:34 PM »
Well, supposing that you're talking about Space Marines, just highlight them in the exact same style as the rest of your model.

Offline the solitaire

• Stupendous Badass
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • quod me nutrit, me destruit
  • Armies: Harlequins, Eldar, Space Marines, DeathGuard, Nids
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2005, 12:00:07 PM »
too late but maybe ok for a next time or the rest of the army (and quite an accelerator on that as well)

when highlighting edges like on a jump pack for instance i use the side of the brush instead of the tip.
just keep it at an angle of 60 to 90 degrees to the edge of the jump pack and basically scrape it along the curve.
thin line right there after the brush passed once (do not use too much paint with this)

using this trick on for instance a land raider might backfire a bit though since the edges are in angles of 45 degrees and you might actually "hit" some more then you intended to.