News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Top RPG's!!!!  (Read 5462 times)

Offline Archangel-Tirus

• CHRONO CRUSADE
Re: Top RPG's!!!!
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2005, 08:16:48 PM »
The only way you can get it is through emulation. So for legal reasons (and so Rasmus doesnt chew me up and spit me out)....

Go on Ebay buy Chrono Trigger...Then download a SNES emulator then download Chronotrigger. Unless of course you think you can finish the game in 24hrs. ;)

Makenshi You are missing out. This thing dances on FF!

K. I'll take down Seikin denitsu 3. Want me to put up Morrowind? Sounds Good!!!!!

« Last Edit: January 29, 2005, 08:25:03 PM by Archangel-Tirus »
You are the lowest of the low, You have naught even a name. You Dare take my contractor, you dare take what's mine.

Offline -Makenshi-

• I See Stupid People
  • Ancient
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2005, 08:24:28 PM »
ah, i steer clear of emulators and dotn have a SNES so i guess i'll ahev to do without
Quote from: IainC
Because spamming the hotkey for a Deathknight's weapon in WoW is precisely the same as learning to use a sword in real life. That's why when Kendo grandmasters fight, they just stand there shouting keystroke combos at each other.

Offline Archangel-Tirus

• CHRONO CRUSADE
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2005, 08:26:34 PM »
Dont stear clear of it...YOu seem like an RPG fanatic. Dont let the chance pass you. ITs from the people that make youf beloved FF...your beloved FF!!!!!!
You are the lowest of the low, You have naught even a name. You Dare take my contractor, you dare take what's mine.

Offline -Makenshi-

• I See Stupid People
  • Ancient
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2005, 08:28:02 PM »
i'll have to wait until i find a SNES and said game or until its re-released somewhere, i had VERY bad experiences with emulators in the past and dont wish to repeat them
Because spamming the hotkey for a Deathknight's weapon in WoW is precisely the same as learning to use a sword in real life. That's why when Kendo grandmasters fight, they just stand there shouting keystroke combos at each other.

Offline Archangel-Tirus

• CHRONO CRUSADE
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2005, 08:32:33 PM »
Blast you Makenshi...What If I find you an emulator...Make sure it works perfectly then send it to you via Msn or even better send you the link?

Offline -Makenshi-

• I See Stupid People
  • Ancient
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2005, 08:38:57 PM »
nope, thanks for the other tho

Offline Archangel-Tirus

• CHRONO CRUSADE
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2005, 08:46:50 PM »
Ok. I tried. Come on we only have 5 ENTRIES. and I'm getting sick of getting nowhere fast so...come on any RPG's that at least someone can second!

Offline XfinianX

• Down with Bad Music!
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • My Heart Bleeds No Longer
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2005, 08:48:19 PM »
oh, and before i forget:

pen and paper RPGs:
Battle Cattle
subtle as a sledge hammer

Offline -Makenshi-

• I See Stupid People
  • Ancient
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2005, 08:49:20 PM »
Ok. I tried. Come on we only have 5 ENTRIES. and I'm getting sick of getting nowhere fast so...come on any RPG's that at least someone can second!

what are the 5 entries again?

Offline Archangel-Tirus

• CHRONO CRUSADE
« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2005, 08:52:47 PM »
The first page is constantly updated but for simplicitey

Chrono Trigger, FF7, BG2, Golden Sun and Zelda OoT

Offline XfinianX

• Down with Bad Music!
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • My Heart Bleeds No Longer
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2005, 08:55:15 PM »
a rarely talked about megadrive/genesis classic - Phantasy Star 2 - amazing game for sure.
subtle as a sledge hammer

Offline Archangel-Tirus

• CHRONO CRUSADE
« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2005, 09:01:37 PM »
While we propose old games...May I propose Wonder Boy 3: The Dragons Trap. on Sega Mastersystem. Good game!

Offline -Makenshi-

• I See Stupid People
  • Ancient
« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2005, 09:06:26 PM »
what about 'Breathe Of Fire'?

Offline Unreal Tiger

• Blarg.
« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2005, 09:20:13 PM »
BoF? Come now Makenshi you must be joking about that. Or high. My point is that while BoF may have been an alright game it, in no way, deserves to be called a top RPG. EVER
Genie, make me a ham sandwich!

Alakazam, you're a ham sandwich.

Offline Archangel-Tirus

• CHRONO CRUSADE
« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2005, 10:25:25 PM »
You people Must be able to agreee on something! What about Diablo 2 (representing the Diablo series) yes yes. Hack and chop. But It is rather entertaining and popular

Offline CD

• The Plagued Reaper
  • Ancient
  • :\
« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2005, 10:41:45 PM »
How about D&D?

<.<

>.>

It's an RPG.... :-[

As for Video Game RPGs, Final Fantasy 3 takes the cake. Awesome graphics for the time, amazing music and above average storyline. Those two last features give it more than enough replay value.

Oh, and breath of fire isn't nearly as good as BoF2. Much more entertaining game.

Lufia 2 is also a very entertaining one, with the damn-near best battle music I've ever heard.

Offline Lomendil

• Mad Prophet of Commorragh
  • Ancient
  • If it's comprehensible, it's obselete
« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2005, 10:57:25 PM »
You people Must be able to agreee on something! What about Diablo 2 (representing the Diablo series) yes yes. Hack and chop. But It is rather entertaining and popular

Good game, one that had a good new lease of life blown into it with the latest patch. Go Fire Druids! I'm enjoying this latest version a lot, much harder and better balanced in general.

Deus Ex is often classed as an RPG of the First-Person-Shooter variety. Definately one of my all time favourites.

Offline CD

• The Plagued Reaper
  • Ancient
  • :\
« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2005, 11:07:41 PM »
Good game, one that had a good new lease of life blown into it with the latest patch. Go Fire Druids! I'm enjoying this latest version a lot, much harder and better balanced in general.

Am I the only one that tried doing a Fire Druid before the new patch? He did well.. along with that curse/bone necromancer that no one believed in. :P

Maybe I'll play the new patch and see how my old ideas fare now.

Oh, and I forgot to mention how utterly awesome Tales of Phantasia is. Awesome storyline, awesome characters, great music, and refreshing battle system. Tales of Symphonia has the great battle system, but the story is less-so than phantasia and the characters pretty much suck (except kratos). Plus, it was way too easy as compared to ToP (I beat Symphonia in two days, and then almost beat it on a second run through in one day before I had to return the game to the rental place).

And I don't see what everyone loves about Chrono Trigger. It's very short, the battle system is kind of boring, the enemies are too repetetive, and the map is WAY too small. It's not too bad, but I don't see why people love it. Final Fantasy 3 blows it out of the water.

Offline Archangel-Tirus

• CHRONO CRUSADE
« Reply #38 on: January 30, 2005, 12:29:45 AM »
I'll take that as a yes

Offline Col. Or'es'o (retired)

• Colonel
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • not quite dead last...
« Reply #39 on: January 30, 2005, 07:43:38 AM »
How about a representative of the Castlevania series?

Aria of Sorrow and Harmony of Dissonance are the best games ive played on the GBA. Awesome games.

Chrono Trigger is still and obvious winner, FFVI/III was awesome sure, but it didnt have the innovation of chrono trigger. I mean come on, art by Akira Toriyama and all sorts. Magus is too cool, far better then that Ninja dude.
Go little tau man! BANG BANG BANG!
Quote from: TheJester
How come everyone quotes Lomendil, and nobody ever quotes me?