News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Dawn of War only Eldar please  (Read 7374 times)

Offline wraith144

• Thats More Like It!!
Re: Dawn of War only Eldar please
« Reply #40 on: February 2, 2005, 10:06:55 AM »
grotz are in there only they called gretchin and ork dreadnoughts are there they are killa kans
Never Swim In Green Water

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
  • Lost Roads are now found!
    • 40kOnline
  • Armies: Squats
« Reply #41 on: February 2, 2005, 02:28:01 PM »
Gots are NOT the same things are Gretchins, neither are ork dreadnoughts Killa Kans. You should pick up the ork codex.

Lost Roads - finally released!

YouTube-clip of my Squat army.

Offline wraith144

• Thats More Like It!!
« Reply #42 on: February 2, 2005, 02:53:22 PM »
acutually going by what the game says grots are the same as gretchin and killa kans are ork dreadknoughts. that is in dawn of war and i am pretty sure that a grot is the same as a gretchin even in the tabletop game.

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
  • Lost Roads are now found!
    • 40kOnline
  • Armies: Squats
« Reply #43 on: February 3, 2005, 02:28:58 AM »
gretchins are not in the game anymore. They used to be, but they have since been removed. The grots are a cross between them the now defunked gretchin and the snotlings, but they are not the same thing. Ask anyone who has played 2nd ed and faced 40 gretchins...
And no, Killa kans, as confusingly similar in design as they may be, are not ork dreads. if you read the ork codex then you will see the difference quite clearly. Just because the gamedesigners couldn't be bothered to make anotehr model and pasted the name wrong does not mean it is the case; the ork codex prevails all such confusion.

Lost Roads - finally released!

YouTube-clip of my Squat army.

Offline wraith144

• Thats More Like It!!
« Reply #44 on: February 3, 2005, 08:00:29 AM »
it seems that you do not understand the title of this thread, it is talking about dawn of war on the computer. in dawn of war grots are the same as gretchin and the killa kans are called ork dreadknoughts, i knew the whole time that they are not what the are in the tabletop game, but in the computer game they are.

Offline Fuegan

• Death to those who oppose us!
« Reply #45 on: February 3, 2005, 08:52:41 PM »
i really like the game but ive noticed that in that past couple o updates n stuff eldar got dumped   i mean rangers are weaker. the mere fact that it takes a squad of nine to kill a freakin marine is pathetic yet a marine scout sniper can kill any guy in 1 shot however in gaming terms ranger long rifles are stronger.

marines get loads o veichles, chaos daemons and orks elite dudes so.......why cant we have most of our aspects??
over the white cliffs of Dover there is a lovely beach 300 meters below which can be reached in 3.2 seconds.

Ulthwe Strike force   wins:7    draws:0    loss:1

Wood Elves             wins:7    draws:1     loss:4

Chaos                     win:1     draws:0     loss:3

Please visit my site at www.craftworld.s5.c om

Offline SilentMobius

• I hate typing.
Other Aspects....
« Reply #46 on: February 4, 2005, 11:24:43 AM »
I'm moddliing the other aspects as I speak (type?) nearly finished the Fire Dragons.
I'll post pics when my webspace is back up if people like?

Offline Trix

• DEATH to all those who opose the eldar !
« Reply #47 on: February 6, 2005, 07:55:12 AM »
well, rasmus right, read the codex and see for ur self.
gretchins are to weak to be grotz + i do think they look like grotz.
killa kans exist in warhammer , dreadnoughts look quite different and are better.
this is prolly a trick of GW to bring out a expansion and this will add more missions (when in mision u play "dawn of war campaign'")
more chars : grotz, dreadnoughts (orks), wraithguard, striking scorpions and so on ...
Someday, someone will beat me... But it won't be today, and it won't be you...

Offline wraith144

• Thats More Like It!!
« Reply #48 on: February 6, 2005, 09:05:25 AM »
as i was saying to Rasmus I am talking about dawn of war. in dawn of war grots are the same as gretchin and killa kans are ork dreadknoughts. as it says in the dawn of war instruction manuel right where the listing for gretchin is it says: "gretchin are also known as grots, ..." i do realize that on the tabletop 40k that gorts are not retchin and that killa kans are not dreads, but as the title of this thread says, I m talking about dawn of war.

Offline Aliadraihas

• Writer and Diplomat for Blue Flame Productions
« Reply #49 on: February 7, 2005, 05:44:15 PM »
it seems that you do not understand the title of this thread, it is talking about dawn of war on the computer. in dawn of war grots are the same as gretchin and the killa kans are called ork dreadknoughts, i knew the whole time that they are not what the are in the tabletop game, but in the computer game they are.

Hey calm down you need to show some respect, Rasmus made a comment and he decided to show you that they are not the same things, I do admit that I was disappointed that they did not make all the mimis (exoansion pack anyone). but really who hoestly cares, the point is that the game was designed to make the Marines the strongest and most versatile because they only created a single campaign for them so far...

Aliadraihas
I am Eldar, with human parents who happen to be Canadian.

Offline Addinarr

• First Venge Mod
  • Ancient
  • Fall for a moment
Re: Other Aspects....
« Reply #50 on: February 8, 2005, 09:59:33 PM »
I'm moddliing the other aspects as I speak (type?) nearly finished the Fire Dragons.
I'll post pics when my webspace is back up if people like?

You will do so. And you will so immediately!  ;)

Guys, don't get worked up in the technicalities. As far as DOW is concerned, there ARE no Ork Dreadnoughts or Gretchin.

When wrong, to be made right.
When right, to be kept right.