News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: From the ashes  (Read 809 times)

Offline Dread

• Warlock
  • Voidraven, the stone skipping across the universe.
  • Armies: Eldar, DE, Harlis, Necrons,  sisters, Death guard
From the ashes
« on: October 19, 2023, 02:22:44 PM »
Hey everyone! So some of you know I've been a big Eldat player for 30 years. Earlier this year I sold most of my army. Now with the release of the scorpions on the horizon I had to get back to them. So I went digging and found 2 of my old metal wraithlords and 3 metal war walkers on top of some metal rangers and a few other old models. I picked up Maugan Ra earlier this week, what a model! Anyhow will post pics asap.
"Burning thru the universe in search of peace only brings more war. Peace is an illusion, war is reality, that is the way of things"

Farseer Gol'Istria of    the Morea Nebula craftword

Offline Guildmage Aech

• FLAMER: Ego Bigger than his Common Sense Centre | 40KO's Care Bear of Spite | Dolphin Death Dealer | 40K Oracle
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Personal text
Re: From the ashes
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2023, 07:11:02 PM »
I love the old metal warwalkers, the design of some of the Eldar range is truely inspired.

I'm using Imigur for picture hosting, it seems ok. And free lol...
Rules Expert 2007 | Kijayle Commemorative Award for Acid Wit 2008 | Most Notoriously Valuable Rules Expert 2009 | Most Notorious 2014

Offline Myen'Tal

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2023, 07:34:57 PM »
Awesome, would love to see how you finish some of these upcoming aeldari models, Dread! I'm really looking forward to my favorite shrine, the Striking Scorpions, return!
JohnMaloneBooks website - Blog #3 - From Novella to Novel

- 5/5 Reader's Favorite Review!

A Sanctum of Swords: Embers Edition is coming soon w/ audiobook!

Offline Dread

• Warlock
  • Voidraven, the stone skipping across the universe.
  • Armies: Eldar, DE, Harlis, Necrons,  sisters, Death guard
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2023, 10:51:42 PM »
Thanks guys. I went and bought some reapers today. The old fail cast ones, they're cheaper, and I just finished assembly. Sheez what a joke, I'm glad they don't make them that way anymore. Can't wait to get the plastic kit. Anyhow here are some pics to help you get all nostalgic.

"Burning thru the universe in search of peace only brings more war. Peace is an illusion, war is reality, that is the way of things"

Farseer Gol'Istria of    the Morea Nebula craftword

Offline Irisado

• A Light in The Grim-Darkness ~ Guns Don't Kill People, Copyright Stats Do | Farseer | Reporting Live! from the Crime Scene | Somewhat behind the times
  • Administrator
  • Soñando debajo del arco iris
  • Armies: Administrators must not play 40K
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2023, 05:44:19 AM »
I have just got rid of my old metal War Walker, but I still have an old metal Wraithlord (they were called Eldar Dreadnaughts back then).  I'm pleased to see that you are getting back into Eldar :) .
You haunt my in-box like an ex-girl friend could only dream of.

The Forum Rules - Please Read and Remember Them.

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline Guildmage Aech

• FLAMER: Ego Bigger than his Common Sense Centre | 40KO's Care Bear of Spite | Dolphin Death Dealer | 40K Oracle
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Personal text
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2023, 08:48:34 PM »
Square base and everything! He is a old one.
Rules Expert 2007 | Kijayle Commemorative Award for Acid Wit 2008 | Most Notoriously Valuable Rules Expert 2009 | Most Notorious 2014