News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Wolfspear 4th Jarldom  (Read 7577 times)

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
Re: Wolfspear 4th Jarldom
« Reply #60 on: April 12, 2022, 02:39:50 PM »
Arf... Eldar are kinda busted as beslubber at the moment not gonna lie. What was the rule he miss read by any chance, since I play eldar too. So I don't make the same mistake.

He had four farseers, and he thought that the eldrich storm strat repeated the whole damage for each psychic action, so instead of just once.

So, he read it that (assuming each farseer completed the psychic actions)

The first farseer did d3 mortal wounds to all units,  the second would do d3+1, the third d3+2, and the fourth d3+3,

So he did 4d3+5 mortal wounds to my units,  instead of d3+3. So in one eldrich storm he killed my librarian, one warsuit and four units of primaris marines.

Turns out,  not the case lol. But that basically ended the game for me.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
« Reply #61 on: April 16, 2022, 11:55:05 AM »
Alright, finished my last 5 reivers, so finished the models I bought back in Novemeber. 2000pts, with an option of Phobos or Gravis Captain.

Took some pictures of  in front of my Fat Mat

Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline Sir_Godspeed

• Lazerous Penguin
  • "Bees. My God" was an obscure Batman quote.
« Reply #62 on: April 18, 2022, 08:26:23 PM »
I didn't mention the metallics on the cables for the snipers, but holy crap that is sublime.

Offline Looshkin

• Aspect Warrior
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Once held an Utter Fear of Tiny Diamonds
  • Armies: I 'play' Eldar. Or at least horde unpainted models
« Reply #63 on: April 24, 2022, 05:29:45 PM »
Ooooffff. Seriously good looking army you have there. It's an incredible spectacle and it looks even better when you move in to check the details. As I've said before, it's just such a clean, coherent colour scheme that ties every model together so naturally.

Excellent work.
WD127 - Started a Love Affair my Wallet Just Can't Cope With...

Offline Myen'Tal

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #64 on: April 24, 2022, 08:28:48 PM »
Just absolutely mind blowing - I love how crisp that white-grey is! Beautiful! I don't see how you paint so fast and keep up that level of quality - but I'd love to gain that ability over time, haha  :).

How much of the army do you have to go?

Keep it up!
JohnMaloneBooks website - Blog #3 - From Novella to Novel

- 5/5 Reader's Favorite Review!

A Sanctum of Swords: Embers Edition is coming soon w/ audiobook!

• Ancient
« Reply #65 on: April 25, 2022, 02:09:58 PM »
I didn't mention the metallics on the cables for the snipers, but holy crap that is sublime.

Thanks man, just leadbelcher, black wash and highlight.

Ooooffff. Seriously good looking army you have there. It's an incredible spectacle and it looks even better when you move in to check the details. As I've said before, it's just such a clean, coherent colour scheme that ties every model together so naturally.

Excellent work.

Thanks man, I really appreciate it!

Just absolutely mind blowing - I love how crisp that white-grey is! Beautiful! I don't see how you paint so fast and keep up that level of quality - but I'd love to gain that ability over time, haha  :).

How much of the army do you have to go?

Keep it up!

Thank you! I have a LT and a squad of Suppressor, and I'm done working on these guys for a while. My next plan is to build a display board for them, but I think I will work on my terrain collection first.
Harlequin Army Blog

Azore of Austria

Offline Grizzlykin

• Run little eldar, run! ... And KILL THEM ALL !
  • Armies: Eldars, Tau, Necrons
« Reply #66 on: May 4, 2022, 05:55:54 PM »
Yup that army look amazing. Nobody can say otherwise.

Are you planning on making your terrain piece as part of you display shelf? Like usable diorama kinda thing or are you just free styling both?
The Grizzly's Arvandor Craftworld!

Quote from: Cavalier
ALL HAIL THE TORNADO! The legend is REBORN.

Quote from: Alienscar
The forum member so nice that even when he is MIA he still gets two votes for being the nicest member

• Ancient
« Reply #67 on: May 6, 2022, 08:35:07 AM »
Yup that army look amazing. Nobody can say otherwise.

Are you planning on making your terrain piece as part of you display shelf? Like usable diorama kinda thing or are you just free styling both?

Mainly for when I go to tournaments, you're often graded on having a detailed display board when they consider scoring for appearance awards.
Harlequin Army Blog

Azore of Austria

• Ancient
« Reply #68 on: August 28, 2022, 08:56:41 PM »
Had an opportunity today to take a group picture now that one of our rooms with lots of daylight was cleared out a but. Here is my whole collection so far.

Some new models are a captain I converted from Leman Russ

some suppressors

and a Gladiator Valliant

Harlequin Army Blog

Azore of Austria

Offline Sir_Godspeed

• Lazerous Penguin
  • "Bees. My God" was an obscure Batman quote.
« Reply #69 on: August 29, 2022, 08:53:33 PM »
That captain looks sick!

On a bit of a tangent: your army made me realize how much the SM range has changed since the early 2000s look when I discovered the hobby. It's a whole different vibe to them now. Less boxy and blunt. More... tech-y? Not sure, just made me think.

• Ancient
« Reply #70 on: August 30, 2022, 09:13:05 AM »
Thanks!

The Primaris range certainly has a new aesthetic to it. I wasn't a huge fan of the space marine models until they came out,  I like the tacti-cool look about them, particularly the phobos line.

The hover vehicles I think are really cool, especially once I had them in hand, I eventually want to get some more to go along with the gladiator.
Harlequin Army Blog

Azore of Austria