News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Custode's 1850pt List  (Read 3374 times)

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
Custode's 1850pt List
« on: April 1, 2017, 12:00:18 PM »
Looking through the Custodies codex, looked to see how I could make a pure Custodes army list. Turns out it's really easy, as they are all so GD expensive (lol).

Golden Legion Task Force

Custodies Contemptor with Keres Assault Cannon (215pts)

Custodies Squad (270pts)
x5, Shield Captain w/Sword and storm Shield
Dedicated Landraider Transport (275pts)

Custodies Squad (270pts)

Custodies Squad (270pts)

@ 1850pts I'd have 19 models. Dread can deepstrike, Custodes roll in their ride. Play against Imperial Knights, or Grav Heavy armies, and this army will just fall apart lol. If there is no grav, then it could be fairly tough to chew through. Immune to S6 fire (for the most part), and the custodies themselves are hard as rock.

Alternatively, drop the Dread and take Celestine, and then I can run the army as a CAD, which'll make the Custodes and Landraiders Objective Secured.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline Aurics Pride

• Aspect Warrior
  • I tread the hidden path.....
  • Armies: Eldar, Raven Guard, Slaanesh
Re: Custode's 1850pt List
« Reply #1 on: April 1, 2017, 02:06:34 PM »
This list would be very fun to use but yeah anyone Grav heavy or any of the top tier codicies and you are gonna have a bad time.
To be honest I'd prefer to keep the Contemptor in the list, a big part of that may be that I really like the models! Haha
+++ VICTORUS AUT MORTIS +++

My Army Blog (Corsair & Raven Guard: Here

Offline Grand Master Lomandalis

• Grand Master of the Deathwing | Oh the lolmanity! | 40kOnline's Care Bear of LOL!
  • Global Moderator
  • We were murderers first, last, and always!
  • Armies: Dark Angels, Custodes, Knights, Night Lords
« Reply #2 on: April 1, 2017, 09:02:06 PM »
What about dropping the dreadnought for two units of sisters with swords in rhinos?

It's 220pts, so you would have to drop a shield, but you pick up insane psychic defence.  If all units are in the board, then their psychic bubble has a 21" radius.
If there is anything that recent politics has taught us, it is that quotes taken out of context can mean what ever you want them to.
Well I always liked the globals...
I knew I had fans!!!

"Dark Angels are Traitors" is the 40k equivalent of Flat Earthers.  You can provide all of the proof you want that says otherwise, but people just can't let it go...

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
« Reply #3 on: April 1, 2017, 11:02:06 PM »
That's true, but if I'm already building a garbage army, I might as well stick to the theme.

I'll probably end up with a unit of them anyway if I buy the talons of the Emperor box. Could drop a raider for them. Then I can still keep the custodes re-roll 1's for their saves with the full detachment.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline Grand Master Lomandalis

• Grand Master of the Deathwing | Oh the lolmanity! | 40kOnline's Care Bear of LOL!
  • Global Moderator
  • We were murderers first, last, and always!
  • Armies: Dark Angels, Custodes, Knights, Night Lords
« Reply #4 on: April 2, 2017, 09:24:03 AM »
The list would still fall into the terrible category with the sisters, but at least it would have the slight boost to "somewhat ok".
If there is anything that recent politics has taught us, it is that quotes taken out of context can mean what ever you want them to.
Well I always liked the globals...
I knew I had fans!!!

"Dark Angels are Traitors" is the 40k equivalent of Flat Earthers.  You can provide all of the proof you want that says otherwise, but people just can't let it go...