News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Warhammer Total War  (Read 19951 times)

Offline Sir_Godspeed

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Bees. My God.
Re: Warhammer Total War
« Reply #100 on: April 14, 2021, 06:00:41 PM »
Just started playing warhammer total war 1, due to the free steam code in my last issue of White Dwarf (one of the best things which came out of having a subscription!).

Pretty fun, but very very hard. The game punishes you for any mistake. Playing ATM as the Crooked Moon, as I am a Gloomspite Gitz player, and love my grots. Skarsnik is a total beast, and has single handedly won me battles. Played a few battles where I am heavily outnumbered and he just chews through everything. Each game he gets like 60+ kills.

Playing wayyy too much.

Crooked Moon is one of, if not THE hardest faction in that game, because it's deliberately gimped until you recapture Karak Eight Peaks.

I'm glad you're enjoying it, and I heartily recommend you check out Warhammer 2 if you find your enjoyment lasting for more than a few weeks. It adds SO much, even just free stuff.

Offline Grand Master Lomandalis

• Grand Master of the Deathwing | Oh the lolmanity! | 40kOnline's Care Bear of LOL!
  • Global Moderator
  • We were murderers first, last, and always!
  • Armies: Dark Angels, Custodes, Knights, Night Lords
Re: Warhammer Total War
« Reply #101 on: April 14, 2021, 11:03:03 PM »
Just started playing warhammer total war 1, due to the free steam code in my last issue of White Dwarf (one of the best things which came out of having a subscription!).

Pretty fun, but very very hard. The game punishes you for any mistake. Playing ATM as the Crooked Moon, as I am a Gloomspite Gitz player, and love my grots. Skarsnik is a total beast, and has single handedly won me battles. Played a few battles where I am heavily outnumbered and he just chews through everything. Each game he gets like 60+ kills.

Playing wayyy too much.
I bought #1 a while back but couldn't hack it because I've never been great at RTS games; and total war is such a steep learning curve that I couldn't appreciate the intricacies.  I recently picked up #2 not too long ago and did some research to find out what I was doing wrong.  I've been having fun playing as Bretonnia.  Uniting the country was a goal, and now I'm expanding into the Tomb Kings area.
If there is anything that recent politics has taught us, it is that quotes taken out of context can mean what ever you want them to.
Well I always liked the globals...
I knew I had fans!!!

"Dark Angels are Traitors" is the 40k equivalent of Flat Earthers.  You can provide all of the proof you want that says otherwise, but people just can't let it go...