News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Space Marine: Chaos Unleashed or Dreadnaught Assault?  (Read 1704 times)

Offline angel of death 007

• Dreadbash Warboss | KoN Veteran
  • Lazerous Penguin
Space Marine: Chaos Unleashed or Dreadnaught Assault?
« on: April 5, 2012, 10:25:00 PM »
This goes out to anyone still playing Space Marine online, which download would you recommend more and why?  Chaos Unleashed or Dreadnaught assault?

BTW I am Avatar of Eldar if anyone else is online. (xbox360)
« Last Edit: April 6, 2012, 02:59:32 PM by angel of death 007 »

Offline Khain Mor (/kharandhil)

• <3 huskblades
    • Dark Moon Kabal
Re: Space Marine: Chaos Unleashed or Dreadnaught Assault?
« Reply #1 on: April 8, 2012, 01:16:20 AM »
Both probably, but chaos unleashed is the better one. Why? => the extra maps, the extra exterminatus missions.
The dreadnought assault gets rapidly boring, the dreadnought is just close to invicible. You can kill it, but certainly not alone and you need some nice skills.
The Dark Moon Kabal ,possibly the biggest DE army ever!
over 20k and awesome, what more do you need to click? (last updated the 02/03/2012)

Nothing better than killing a thousand slaves to wake up in the morning.

Offline Rathireon

• Speaker of Corny Lingo
Re: Space Marine: Chaos Unleashed or Dreadnaught Assault?
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2012, 11:44:25 AM »
Sorry for the late response!  You have probably already made your decision but for anyone else...

I own both Chaos Unleased and Dreadnaught Assault (and every other download in the game because it's so blimin great).  If I had to pick only one then it would be Dreadnaught Assault simply for the fact that it is more popular with online players.  When you select Chaos Unleashed in Exterminatus mode and there aren't enough players online it defaults you to the standard Exterminatus mission which is a little annoying - so you have to wait around just to get a game of Chaos Unleashed on Exterminatus.  I've never had to wait for Dreadnaught Assault.

I would agree with the above poster that Chaos Unleashed has more life in the long run as it'll take many attempts to defeat those blasted Ork Dreads on the last stage.  I'll never forget the first time one of those appeared... I swooped in on the portal to rip up whatever came out... thought hmmm this doesn't look like a normal Orky horde... and got immediately squished with one hit of his powerfist.  That was our last life grrr.

I disagree the Space Marine Dread in Dreadnaught Assault is near invincible... you just can't go toe to toe (or gun to gun) like you can when facing off against other Marines.  You gotta be sneaky and set up in a good position with a lasconnon/plasma cannon, or work your way around to the rear of the Dreadnaught and his bodyguards with a Thunder Hammer and combat stims.  It may still take a few lives but they are very killable.  Alternatively you can play pick off the Marines whilst everyone is preoccupied defending/attacking the Dread and control points.

Why aren't there more active Space Marine threads?  It's a brilliant game that brings the 40k battlefield to life.  We never had it this good when I was a kid... lucky I'm still a big kid isn't it hehehe.