News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Battle Scribe app  (Read 1875 times)

Offline Grand Master Lomandalis

• Grand Master of the Deathwing | Oh the lolmanity! | 40kOnline's Care Bear of LOL!
  • Global Moderator
  • We were murderers first, last, and always!
  • Armies: Dark Angels, Custodes, Knights, Night Lords
Battle Scribe app
« on: January 17, 2012, 12:12:26 AM »
I bought the new motorola Razr on friday, so naturally I was looking for apps to download for army building.  Came across Battle scribe and figured what the hell, I'd give it a shot.  Takes a bit of getting used to and took me about 15 minutes to figure out how to get data loaded, but it is actually a cool thing to have!  I have entered in the majority of the lists I am running and don't have to print them out any more.  There are some slight issues with the lists right now, like all the vehicles in the Dark Angels heavy section cost 250pts, but if you are using the app to write down the list and have the codex at hand it isn't an issue. 

They are actually good at fixing problems.  Just went back and checked and they had an updated version for the Dark Angels that fixed that problem.  But as with any program, make sure you have the codex so you know what you are doing.

Anyone else tried this out?  Or am I just super awesome for bringing this to your attention?  ;)
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 12:42:23 AM by Grand Master Lomandalis »
If there is anything that recent politics has taught us, it is that quotes taken out of context can mean what ever you want them to.
Well I always liked the globals...
I knew I had fans!!!

"Dark Angels are Traitors" is the 40k equivalent of Flat Earthers.  You can provide all of the proof you want that says otherwise, but people just can't let it go...

Offline Zilverscale

• Ork Boy
Re: Battle Scribe app
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2012, 10:36:42 AM »
You are super awesome!

Now I only need to replace my Nokia 310 with a phone that will most likely break within 5 minutes of use in my hands.... :p

PAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline WisdomLS

• Ork Yoof
  • BLOOD FOR THE ..... emperor?
  • Armies: SM (BA, BT, DA), Orks, Daemons, CSM, GK, IG
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2012, 11:17:38 AM »
I haven't got the ap (will be looking into it) but do use battlescribe on my computer. Some of the older more complicated/less clear codex's do have a few issues with points and selections but the cool thing is you can edit the codex files with a program that comes with it if you find them to be wrong.

I'm not sure if you can do this in the ap version but I imagine you could alter them with the computer version and then load them onto your phone.

Offline Rakuall

• Never bet against the house
  • Hombrew (Chapter/Legion/Swarm/Warband/etc.) FTW
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2012, 12:00:27 PM »
I haven't got the ap but do use battlescribe on my computer.

Same here. I find it's great for hammering out a quick idea ('Hey, I wonder what sort of Gargoyle/Gaunt spam I can run at 1250?').
"I don't believe in no win scenarios." -Captain James T. Kirk, USS Enterprise - NCC 1701
"Why do you always bother me when I'm drinking?" -Max Milini
"That's a relatively open weave and I can still see your nipular area." -Chandler Bing

My brother, now deceased:
http://keegancrack.deviantart.com/

Offline The Black Dahlia Murder

• NRPH forever...
« Reply #4 on: April 3, 2012, 10:34:23 PM »
I have it on my phone but I was just about to post about where I can download the data. Really want to try it out.

Offline Grand Master Lomandalis

• Grand Master of the Deathwing | Oh the lolmanity! | 40kOnline's Care Bear of LOL!
  • Global Moderator
  • We were murderers first, last, and always!
  • Armies: Dark Angels, Custodes, Knights, Night Lords
« Reply #5 on: April 3, 2012, 10:58:09 PM »
If there is anything that recent politics has taught us, it is that quotes taken out of context can mean what ever you want them to.
Well I always liked the globals...
I knew I had fans!!!

"Dark Angels are Traitors" is the 40k equivalent of Flat Earthers.  You can provide all of the proof you want that says otherwise, but people just can't let it go...