News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: The Sixth Plane (Game Thread)  (Read 29725 times)

Offline Heretek

• General Freyberg | Out, damn'd Grot! | Ork Boy
  • Lazerous Penguin
Re: The Sixth Plane (Game Thread)
« Reply #20 on: January 9, 2012, 07:51:35 PM »
"Calm yourself, Kane," Therese said coldly, laying a hand on his arm. "It's obviously some manner of minor demon or spirit, one of fairly meagre power and intellect."

Therese knelt down to bring herself to eye level with the little creature. It looked harmless enough, though she supposed any demon could if it were sufficiently powerful. Its behaviour didn't make it seem like much of threat though.

"Aren't you from this place?" she asked. "Why do you want to leave?"
« Last Edit: January 9, 2012, 07:52:46 PM by Khemri. »

Offline The Nightwalker

• Ork Boy
  • Just Passing Through
  • Armies: Deffskullz
« Reply #21 on: January 9, 2012, 08:09:08 PM »
Shadow's annoyance with the other black robed man was hidden under his cloak. Even among thieves there was courtesy, or atleast subtlty, Kane seemed lacking of both.

He sat on the rubble and studied the creature, despite it's harsh appearance it seemed tame. Not only that, but it seemed ignorant of thievery. At least in the conventional sense. Maybe he.. She.. Whatever it was, could prove useful. Though he decided to listen instead of asking further questions, doubtless the deamonologist would fair better at such a task. Besides, the guild awarded him his title for a reason.

Offline azore24

• Infinity Circuit
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #22 on: January 9, 2012, 10:02:09 PM »
Lilith stood on the edges of the conversation.  She figured that either the creature would answer the groups questions or not.  She did want to know some things, so she began to study the creature, to learn its looks and so on.  She intended, should the conversation fail to continue, to simply transform herself into one of its kind and then to talk to it in a more comfortable form.

Lilith knew the energy required  to transform herself was enormous, she had once done so when a show's horse had fallen ill right before the troupe was to play for a very powerful, and somewhat unkindly king.  After the experience - lasting only one or two minutes in the different form - she'd been completely exhausted.  So, hopefully this time she'd be able to last longer for her greater experience and training than she did then.

Azore of Ath-Ron
Unsophisticated players might think that the Letter of the rules is more important than the Spirit - but the Letter isn't liable to sneak up behind you with an axe if you abuse it.
"Esprit de Core," 2005

Offline Saracenar

• Skarboy Nob
  • "Ugh..."
  • Armies: Malifaux :P
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2012, 04:40:23 AM »
As Kane shouted, a snot-like colour began to wash away the blue from the creature's eye. Turning to Therese it responded, and it became apparent that the creature was speaking from the openings on its hands.

"Of course I'm from here. Where else would I be from? I don't want to be at this Gateway any longer, but these weird walls won't let me leave!" it gestured out to the swirling colours surrounding the plateau. "And don't call me stupid; you're the clueless one. You'd think you'd have never seen a foliot before."

Offline The Nightwalker

• Ork Boy
  • Just Passing Through
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2012, 10:44:41 AM »
Shadow smiled at the things remark, it was obviously more intelligent then he thought. "Well, you are the most interesting creature. Apart from your individual self, are you a part of a race or group? What do you call your self? What do you call yourselves in general as well?"

Despite its appearance, the thief was starting to like the tiny creature.

Offline Saracenar

• Skarboy Nob
  • "Ugh..."
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2012, 05:52:21 PM »
"I'm a demon," it said. "There's lots of us, in case you haven't noticed. So does that make you lot spirits? I thought I recognised that stupidity from somewhere. You must be really young to not know any of this stuff."

It's eye started to turn blue again.

Offline Killskin

• Wise men wonder while strong men die.
  • Armies: Da Orks
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2012, 07:07:08 PM »
"You must be stupid if you think you can just insult me whenever the hell you please, you one-eyed bastard!", Kane had it with this know-it-all demon thing. He approached the demon. "If your so smart, let`s see if you know what this is", Kane said as he drew his dagger. He pinned the demon against a nearby piece of rubble and held the dagger inches away from the demon`s eye. Kane was done with talking, he wanted answers NOW.
"Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death."
    +++ Count Vlad von Carstein +++

Offline Chie Satonaka

• Fsteak
« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2012, 08:06:52 PM »
Giuseppe held up his hands and attempted to placate him. "That may not be wise, Kane. This foliot is relatively weak, but this is its territory, and it may have friends. It won't be intimidated easily."

This is unlike the Kane that I have seen before, thought Giuseppe. Perhaps this is how he deals with stress? If so, Odocaer might have a much easier time of it than I thought at first. Perhaps all of the "master of shadow" business is just sleight of hand.

He turned to the foliot. "Yes we are young, though as you can see we aren't spirits. We have physical bodies just like you. I hope you can forgive my friend's ignorance, and my other friend's belligerence."

Perhaps it has seen Alexander, thought Giuseppe. If so, no doubt it will want something in return for the information. I do wonder what the change in eye color means. Perhaps it has something to do with its mood?
Play League of Legends? Send me a friend request: IGN: "IRiseAgainstYou" NA server.

Offline Saracenar

• Skarboy Nob
  • "Ugh..."
« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2012, 10:15:37 PM »
Almost immediately, the demon's eye turned solid green again. It slowly raised its hands as if to surrender, then swiftly planted its left one on Kane's knife arm and gnashed his flesh with its surprisingly sharp teeth.

Dropping the knife and the demon, Kane felt blood trickle from his wrist to the ground. The foliot proceeded to jump up to the top of the rubble, out of reach, its eye swishing back and forth between green and yellow. "Who's the stupid one now!?" it called down jeeringly. "Nobody threatens Azyre without getting bitten!"

The sudden presence of fresh blood made Therese's fingers tingle.

Offline Killskin

« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2012, 10:57:57 PM »
"That was a big mistake," said Kane. "I will enjoy watching the life drain out of you." Kane picked his dagger back up and lunged at the demon. "Now you die!" he shouted.

Offline azore24

• Infinity Circuit
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2012, 11:48:37 PM »
Lilith stumbled back for a moment.  She had not been prepared for the creature's attack, though she had been expecting it.  She saw Kane jump at the foliot's attack, even losing his knife in the process.  The speed and violence of what had just happened sent a surge through Lilith's body.

On the one hand, she wanted to run away like she never had before.  She could have done this, her sect trained its followers in what to do in such dire straits.  One option was to turn intangible and get away from the danger quickly.  Her second option was to change herself into a more capable form.  In this situation, fleeing would only serve to break apart their fragile group and so she would have to fight, especially if Kane was going to be as foolish and useless as he seemed he would.

Each member of her sect learned a number of forms which they could easily form into by rote, usually three forms for different situations.  Lilith knew which she would take, the only form she had crafted for fighting, and quickly ran through her well-worn hand motions.  In less than a second she had finished them, having designed them for emergency use made them short, small, and efficient, and began to finish the spell with a twirl, obscuring her image as she transitioned her form.

Her target form was that of the mighty gryffon, a half-lion, half-eagle beast a bit larger than a lion.  Lilith had chosen the form after seeing it on a lord's heraldry, and on the advice of her sectmates that her self defense/combat form be a mythical creature - if you could scare off your enemies, then why fight at all?

Azore of Ath-Ron
Unsophisticated players might think that the Letter of the rules is more important than the Spirit - but the Letter isn't liable to sneak up behind you with an axe if you abuse it.
"Esprit de Core," 2005

Offline The Nightwalker

• Ork Boy
  • Just Passing Through
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2012, 02:23:38 AM »
"Umbra nunc adprehendent te! Videbis solum tibi libet videre. Ego enim sum Umbra domino tuo mihi!" Odoacer stood and yelled at Kane. His arms were out stretched before him, and his hands moved in intricate patterns. It almost looked as if he was weaving an imaginary basket. But those who knew better, they knew he changed how Kane percieved reality.

He made Kane lose all sense of the real world. The rubble, the demon, the giant gateway. He made him see as if he was inside of a tiny jail cell. The only other thing in this world was a voice on the air, that belonging to Shadow's master. "Kane.. I am dissapointed in you. You must calm yourself. If you continue to follow this path you are on, it will lead to all of our deaths. This I will not permit. Consider this a learning experience."
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 02:27:58 AM by The Nightwalker »

Offline Heretek

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2012, 06:22:10 AM »
Therese smiled thinly as the creature gave its name. While her compatriots busied themselves doing little of any real use, she readied herself for an attempt at shackling the foliot to her will. Lacking the time to draw a proper summoning circle, or even basic wards of protection, she opted for a more pragmatic solution. Stilling her mind and slipping into a near trance-like state, she drew her knife.

The blood disciple barely flinched as she expertly cut a simple binding rune straight into the flesh of her palm; she was accustomed to the feel of a blade slicing her skin and hot blood welling up from a wound. She reached out quickly with her bleeding hand, grabbing the demon by one of its flailing mouth-tendrils and pressing the ward against its slimy skin.

"Azyre, Azyre, Azyre," she chanted, intoning the name just as it had been spoken. "I bind your will to mine own, submit to me!"

With that, Therese began the process of attempting to draw the demon into herself, concentrating her mind down the link formed by her arm, through the symbol scratched into her living flesh and pressed against Azyre's. That she knew its name gave her an advantage, likewise that it had not heard her own name spoken by the others, and she pressed her assault confident of victory.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 06:23:20 AM by Khemri. »

Offline Saracenar

• Skarboy Nob
  • "Ugh..."
« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2012, 07:25:46 AM »
Kane leapt for the demon, blade in hand, but it jumped up into the air, suspended by its puny wings and now definitely out of his reach. Just as it was about to mock him again though, Lilith, in the form of a mighty griffin, pounced up from four great legs and tackled the foliot to the ground, smashing its bulbous head against the plateau.

In the chaos, Therese rushed to Lilith's side, only to grab the demon and begin the process of shackling it. Her mind crashed against its already frail and terrified mind, easily overcoming any defences it through her way. Shattering it with ease, she successfully took control of the foliot.

It disappeared from underneath the griffin, and a ghostly shadow of its form escaped, only to be drawn in through Therese's open mouth and absorbed into her mind, bound to her.

Things suddenly went quiet. Everyone looked to Kane, who was now just standing rigid, a blank expression on his face. Odoacer stood facing him, he too silent, but in a different way. Concentration held his mind, as he willed the man to see what he wanted him to see.

[OOC]Congratulations Khemri! You've shackled your first entity! You can summon it to your side at any time, or converse with it mentally. It must obey your every command or risk obliteration. The foliot Azyre, an air demon, is now yours.

Everyone else, rest assured that more entities will come along sooner than you know ;) You'll have to be quick to get your hands on them though! ;D

Also, Nightwalker, your illusion has been successfully weaved upon Kane. You can release him now, or wait for Killskin's response, but you should let him go by the end of the next round of posts. While your spells will work on each other, it'd be best if you tried to avoid using them in that way, unless of course the situation demanded it and the affected player was okay with it.[/OOC]
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 08:29:32 AM by Saracenar »

Offline azore24

• Infinity Circuit
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2012, 11:44:30 AM »
The power and freedom of her Gryffon form was intoxicating.  Flight was exhilarating, the strength was more than could be believed, the senses were keener than one could even believe.  If beaks could smile, Lilith's would have been doing so for sure.  She got to enjoy the thrill of dominating the demon until Therese had shackled it; thankfully someone was thinking clearly and Lilith wouldn't have to shackle the foliot while transformed.

Once the demon was absorbed into Therese, Lilith reared up on her rear legs, strong and soft-pawed like a lion's, and used her powerful wings to stabilize herself.  She used the opportunity to scan the horizon and the archway using her powerful eyes and ears, looking for things human eyes couldn't see.

After no more than a minute total in her Gryffon form, Lilith released the illusion.  She knew she could stand three or four minutes of the form, but there was no reason to waste her energy when an emergency could arise at any time.  As she returned to her human form, it appeared that she had simply finisher her twirl where the Gryffon  had been.

Azore of Ath-Ron
"Esprit de Core," 2005

Offline Killskin

« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2012, 03:12:44 PM »
Kane was shocked. Where did the demon go and where did this cage come from? Then he remembered. "Very clever, Odoacer," said Kane, "but your smoke and mirrors can`t fool me. Now stop this foolishness, I have a demon to kill."

Offline The Nightwalker

• Ork Boy
  • Just Passing Through
« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2012, 05:08:52 PM »
Shadow's chuckle could be heard from everywhere, yet from no where. "The demon has been taken care of, in a far more beneficial way. Do be more civil in the future, or you may learn that shadows can cause more harm than you previously thought. As our good friend the entertainer just demonstrated." The cell door slowly creaked open before Kane. "Oh, and do refrain from using my name. I'd hate for the demons to have any such information on any of us." The illusion broke, and Kane was free.

Odoacer walked to where the girls were, "Good show you two. I am quite impressed. The Griffon, pure genius. If we return to our world you will have to perform for my guild. You will be well payed I assure you." He smiled under his hood, the two were more powerful then he knew. It was also good to see the art of shadow displayed in such a different shade.

Offline Killskin

« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2012, 05:30:13 PM »
Kane roll his eyes. Who knew the "master of shadows" would be such a suck-up.

Kane rolled up his right sleeve revealing the wound inflicted by the demon. Using his dagger, he cut a narrow strip of cloth off of the end of his cloak so that it would just be slightly shorter and not completely ruined. He took the strip, wrapped around his wounded wrist and tied it using his left hand and his mouth. Leaving his sleeve rolled up he examined his handiwork. That should do until I find something better, he thought.

Offline Chie Satonaka

• Fsteak
« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2012, 07:11:18 PM »
"Masterfully done," Giuseppe lauded Therese. "No that you have control over the demon, perhaps we can now interrogate it properly."
Play League of Legends? Send me a friend request: IGN: "IRiseAgainstYou" NA server.

Offline Heretek

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #39 on: January 11, 2012, 09:03:15 PM »
Therese nodded sharply and closed her eyes, focussing on the demon within her. Its futile struggles had ceased, and she felt her utter control over Azyre forcing it to obey her will. With a small mental effort, she drew it out again with instructions to answer her companions truthfully. Exhaling gently, she let the foliot's shadowy substance pour from her lips again, Azyre's form coalescing before them from the vapour. 

"Ask him what you will," she told the others as she set about cutting a strip from her cloak to bandage her palm. "He is bound to speak honestly."