News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Rogue Space Marines - Fallen Angels; Thunder Warriors  (Read 3813 times)

Offline Khorne25

• Corsair "Exarch"
  • Armies: DE, CWE, Eldar Corsairs
Rogue Space Marines - Fallen Angels; Thunder Warriors
« on: December 4, 2011, 06:44:11 AM »
(I started my project blog anyway because no one seemed to reply to my request for one - if Ive overstepped my bounds, my apologies)

Hi all,
I decided to halt progress on my Eldar Corsairs and wait for IA11 before proceeding any further.

To fill the time I decided to resume, an old project of mine: Rogue Space Marines. These are renegade Space Marines who are not necessarily Chaos alligned or Imperial but somewhere in between much like the Soul Drinkers and Relictors.

So far I have finished 10 Fallen Angels. They are built using vanilla Tactical Marine bits, Chaos Marine torsos, and Dark Angel robes. If I had any Chaos backpacks I would use those but I dont :(. You may notice there are no Imperial symbols.

Fluffwise: The Fallen Angels are categorised by the Unforgiven Interrogator-Chaplains as belonging to two factions. First, the Lutherans are the Calibanite (mostly) Dark Angels who joined Luther in his corruption. They are chaotically bent but do not bend knee to Chaos much alike the Night Lords or Iron Warriors. Second, The Cypherites who pose as Space Marines but wear no Imperial symbols. They follow Cypher as he pursues an unfathomable agenda.

The Thunder Warriors are the proto-Astartes who at the last battle for Mount Arratat were betrayed by the Emperor. They were brutes, pure warriors and not the spiritual knights the Emperor needed for his Imperium. As such they were listed as all dying at the last battle - in reality they were executed by the Emperor's other forces. Some, however, survived and have recently surfaced as mercenaries.

To come:
Cypher
Force Commander (who will look awesome, just wait and see)
5 Thunder Warriors (Mk2 Conversions)
5 Mk5 Heresy Fallen Angels with Phobos Bolters
5 Chaotic "Lutheran" Fallen Angels
5 Fallen Assault Angels

The Process:

I bought a nilla Tactical box from GW then bought Chaos bitz and DA bitz from Ebay. Stuck them all together to produce totally unique marines.
Colour scheme is pre-Heresy so black and white robes (if applicable). The black I used actually isnt chaos black. It has a tint of green just to produce a unique look on closer inspection (as always the photos dont do them justice). The robes were painted with Bleached Bone then Badab Black wash was liberally applied to produce a dirty look. Bolter casings are on the bases which are covered in "tarmac" - painted sand. They have Dark Angel Veteran shoulder pads on the right - it only has the sword of the Lion which is appropriate considering Cypher is rumoured to bear it. I have not yet painted the blood trails or the casings.

Fallen Angels:

« Last Edit: December 4, 2011, 07:17:49 AM by Khorne25 »

My Voidborn Eldar Corsairs

OLD Eldar Corsair Blog

Former armies:
Tau, SM, CSM, 3rd Ed DE (updating to 5th Ed)

Offline Khorne25

• Corsair "Exarch"
Re: Rogue Space Marines - Fallen Angels; Thunder Warriors
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2012, 04:37:15 AM »
This project is not dead yet!
I have received from a friend a whole load of Chaos models and recently begun assembling a very unique Chosen squad. While unique Chosen squads with robed chaos monks arent new the sheer size of these Fallen Angels might surprise you and they are looking good!

OLD Eldar Corsair Blog

Former armies:

Offline Ginger farseer

• Ork Yoof
  • Armies: Space wolves, Eldar, Orks
« Reply #2 on: April 5, 2012, 02:16:00 PM »
This sounds like a very interesting idea. Which codex will you use, (if you plan to play with them at all)?

Please can we have some more pics?
Be nice to nerds, you'll probably be working for them.

What if by 'fly you fools'  Gandalf was actually telling the fellowship to call the eagles and fly to Mordor?

"Thunder rolled... It rolled a six"

+++Melon melon melon+++
+++out of cheese error redo from start+++
+++Divide by cucumber error. Please reinstall universe and reboot+++

Offline Khorne25

• Corsair "Exarch"
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2012, 05:14:42 AM »
Sorry I havent been paying this any attention but secret work has begun and I am in the process of something big

The New Chosen:

Assembled from Dark Angel robes, Chaos armour, Chainswords, and Flamers (lots of flamers).
About another 8 to come.

Entire Chaos/SM Army:

These are the current Fallen Angels

These were recently inherited and I am in the process of cleaning them and respraying.

OLD Eldar Corsair Blog

Former armies: