News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Making a Flash game, reading a writing to file?  (Read 1017 times)

Offline mrspungebob

• Lazerous Penguin
Making a Flash game, reading a writing to file?
« on: October 25, 2011, 01:31:53 PM »
Hello everyone,

I'm not sure if anyone here knows anything about Flash game programming, but anyway:

I am, for the 7th time or something, attempting to make a flash game with Flash MX 2004 and Actionscript 3.0. It works very nicely, except one thing. I cannot figure out how to read and write to a text file (.txt). Without this, I don't know how to make a save and load function. Do anyone know how to read and write to a simple text file, or if this is even possible in Flash? Or, if there is any other way of making a save and load function?
"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

"You know, the most amazing thing happened to me tonight. I was coming here, on the way to the lecture, and i came through the parking lot. And you wont believe what happened! I saw a car with the license plate ARW 357! Can you imagine? Of all the license plates in the state, what was the chance that i would see that particular one tonight? Amazing!" - Quote from Richard Feynman (physicist)

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Administrator
  • Lost Roads are now found!
    • 40kOnline
  • Armies: Squats

Lost Roads - finally released!

YouTube-clip of my Squat army.

Offline mrspungebob

• Lazerous Penguin
Re: Making a Flash game, reading a writing to file?
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2011, 02:07:10 PM »
Yay!!!!

Thanks alot :)

I have been googling it for days, but I guess my googling skills are on par with my programming skills.
"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

"You know, the most amazing thing happened to me tonight. I was coming here, on the way to the lecture, and i came through the parking lot. And you wont believe what happened! I saw a car with the license plate ARW 357! Can you imagine? Of all the license plates in the state, what was the chance that i would see that particular one tonight? Amazing!" - Quote from Richard Feynman (physicist)