News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Blood Bowl  (Read 1502 times)

Offline Perigrine

Blood Bowl
« on: October 3, 2011, 10:08:30 PM »
Ok, so steam had a wicked deal for blood bowl this weekend 80% off so i picked up a copy of it. for those who have played it, do you reccomend classic or blitz for learning the ropes in a single player campaign? also turn based or real time?

Offline Grand Master Lomandalis

• Grand Master of the Deathwing | Oh the lolmanity! | 40kOnline's Care Bear of LOL!
  • Global Moderator
  • We were murderers first, last, and always!
  • Armies: Dark Angels, Custodes, Knights, Night Lords
Re: Blood Bowl
« Reply #1 on: October 3, 2011, 11:41:15 PM »
spend some time and get familiar with the rules (it's the manual) and i would suggest classic with turn based as that is what you will play the most when playing online.
If there is anything that recent politics has taught us, it is that quotes taken out of context can mean what ever you want them to.
Well I always liked the globals...
I knew I had fans!!!

"Dark Angels are Traitors" is the 40k equivalent of Flat Earthers.  You can provide all of the proof you want that says otherwise, but people just can't let it go...

Offline Perigrine

« Reply #2 on: October 4, 2011, 08:39:36 AM »
ok thanks for the info Lom

Offline IainC

• Mad prophet of the Whalepocalypse
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Not Safe For Work
    • Antipwn
  • Armies: Grey Knights
« Reply #3 on: October 4, 2011, 09:23:46 AM »
Classic and turn based is the only way to play. Note that the single player is not great, the AI is pretty rubbish and the computer controlled teams aren't representative of actual teams you'll play against in multiplayer. Multiplayer is where the real action is and it's glorious. There's a 40kO open league that you can join and get some intro games.
World's first ever Dark Eldar player... Don't be hatin' now.

My wargaming and painting blog

My games industry blog

Offline Perigrine

« Reply #4 on: October 4, 2011, 10:25:22 PM »
I've been playing classic turn based, and have given the beardy ones, dark elves and the necromatic teams a try. Wasn't really a fan of the dark elves found them to be a little to squishy. The dwarves tough as crap but ay to slow, I so far have liked the necromatic team the best.

Offline Shas'Oink

• Sky Ray Pimp Daddy | Infinity Circuit | Ban me, I dare you! | The Fallen didn't fall, they were pushed. | Winner of the 2008 40K Online Longest Title Competition, awarded again with oak leaves, five years and running | Now with O:nkling! | Axe
  • Ancient
  • 87% sure I'm straight
    • oinks overambitious terrain project(s)
« Reply #5 on: October 5, 2011, 06:12:57 AM »
classic all the way!

Single player might not be a HUGE challenge, but it is certainly the best place to get used to the rules and controls etc. As you've found, it is also a good way to try out different teams and that sort of thing.