News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: World of Warplanes designer interview ... and World of Battleships  (Read 1904 times)

Offline tryanotherone - smurfernating

• SPAMMER: I swear I am not an ad-bot!
  • Pray hard - life is short!
I found a link  to an interview about the World of Warfare series.

Looks like there will be more to come ---> World of Airplanes. Want to know more?

Also announced:   World of Battleships. ;D

First screenshoots may be found here.
Taking a very long break.

The Rumour Mill - bending the fabric of time and space

Remember Brimstone - legends live forever

Offline Col. Dash

• We're the Imperium, we're here to help
Re: World of Warplanes designer interview ... and World of Battleships
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2011, 08:04:26 AM »
No cockpit view? I didnt need to read any further down, whats the point? Thats pretty upsetting actually since the first thing i thought of and got excitied about was a WW2 flight sim mmo, what could be better?

Any plans to combine it all into one persistent world with World of tanks/planes/ and some sort of infantry game? That would be the end all, be all of war mmo's.

Offline tryanotherone - smurfernating

• SPAMMER: I swear I am not an ad-bot!
  • Pray hard - life is short!
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2011, 10:20:07 AM »
No cockpit view? I didnt need to read any further down, whats the point? Thats pretty upsetting actually since the first thing i thought of and got excitied about was a WW2 flight sim mmo, what could be better?

Any plans to combine it all into one persistent world with World of tanks/planes/ and some sort of infantry game? That would be the end all, be all of war mmo's.

Nope, due to different gameplay and balancing issues there will be no combination of the various World of Warfare series games.
Taking a very long break.

The Rumour Mill - bending the fabric of time and space

Remember Brimstone - legends live forever

Offline Grand Master Lomandalis

• Grand Master of the Deathwing | Oh the lolmanity! | 40kOnline's Care Bear of LOL!
  • Global Moderator
  • We were murderers first, last, and always!
  • Armies: Dark Angels, Custodes, Knights, Night Lords
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2011, 02:42:41 PM »
I actually prefer a no cockpit view.  In any combat flight sim I have played, they always had different views ranging from full cockpit, to close up of HUD, to just HUD and no cockpit.  I would always fly with the latter.  I think the only time I would be hopping into the third person view is if I have someone on my ass and I need to see where they are to shake them.    One feature I would love them to add would be the opposite of what they have for WoT.  Instead of locking your gun on the enemy tank, you lock your view on the enemy and you follow them while being able to fly independantly, keeping an eye on the enemy while performing kick ass evasive manoeuvres.
If there is anything that recent politics has taught us, it is that quotes taken out of context can mean what ever you want them to.
Well I always liked the globals...
I knew I had fans!!!

"Dark Angels are Traitors" is the 40k equivalent of Flat Earthers.  You can provide all of the proof you want that says otherwise, but people just can't let it go...

• Grand Master of the Deathwing | Oh the lolmanity! | 40kOnline's Care Bear of LOL!
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2012, 09:41:35 PM »
For those that are interested, here is a video made by one of the WoWP alpha testers (who promptly got banned from the alpha and WoT), and the devs let it stay online because it was so well made.

I can confirm that this is the alpha btw for those that aren't sure cause yes, I am one of those lucky sons of be-atches lol.

World of Warplanes (WoWP) alpha-test gameplay video HD
If there is anything that recent politics has taught us, it is that quotes taken out of context can mean what ever you want them to.
I knew I had fans!!!

"Dark Angels are Traitors" is the 40k equivalent of Flat Earthers.  You can provide all of the proof you want that says otherwise, but people just can't let it go...

Offline Plague Tower of Nurgle

• Ork Boy
  • My troops are protected by "Nurgley Goodness"
    • Northeast Gamers Hub
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2012, 08:01:16 AM »
that looks totally awesome, the videos are really changing my outlook on the game. the nice thing with it being planes is that you wont have the camping issues like in WoT.
legion of sickness
lord of misery
after my death I rise in immortality
unleashing the horror my words are infected
feast on my rot
I am resurrected

resurrection of the rotten
resurrection of the dead

Offline azore24

• Infinity Circuit
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2012, 10:47:30 AM »
I already plan on camping high in the clouds.  Speaking of, I didn't actually see any cloud cover in that promo.  It'd be sad if we couldn't get some tactical stuff like that in the game.

Azore of Ath-Ron
Unsophisticated players might think that the Letter of the rules is more important than the Spirit - but the Letter isn't liable to sneak up behind you with an axe if you abuse it.
"Esprit de Core," 2005

Offline Hanith

• Not on speaking terms with my dice.
  • Armies: Eldar
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2012, 11:52:54 AM »
I can't imaging World of Battleships being too much fun due to the ranges, scale and lack of speed involved in ship-on-ship warefare.  I can only picture it being like the old SNES game Super Battleship but with better graphics and real-time movement.

Super Battleship (SNES) Gameplay

Yes this game was quite nice back in 93 but nowadays, not so much.
For me: 16.667% chance of failure equates to a 83.334% failure rate.

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2012, 11:57:42 AM »
I already plan on camping high in the clouds.  Speaking of, I didn't actually see any cloud cover in that promo.  It'd be sad if we couldn't get some tactical stuff like that in the game.

Azore of Ath-Ron
There is cloud cover in the game and it will affect whether you can see planes or not.  The problem is you have to be rather high for it to be of any worth.  Unfortunately I can't go into any detail about the game as if WG finds this post I can get banned from WoWP and WoT and face legal action.  Yes, they are very strict in enforcing their NDA's.
I knew I had fans!!!