News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Looking for a cool sci fi mmo  (Read 2240 times)

Offline Khain Mor (/kharandhil)

• <3 huskblades
    • Dark Moon Kabal
Looking for a cool sci fi mmo
« on: December 19, 2011, 11:35:27 PM »
Hi guys!

I'm been playing Fly for Fun during the past two years, but I'm starting to get tired of the game, and I'm looking for some change.

I'm looking for a cool sci fi mmo.
Why ask in here?
Well because we all like the 40k universe!
Basically what I'm looking for is an mmo that any 40k diehard fan would recommend to me!

I don't want any spaceship battles of any stuff like that, the mmo I'm looking should preferably be first/third person, with weapons,different classes, PvE, PvP,
talking to people, etc...
Seen as this would be an sci fi mmo, guns would be the most common type fo weapon, but it doens't have to be like that I wouldn't mind having some close combat weapons as well.

Basically I'm looking for a way to kill time untill the 40k mmo comes out, at that point I'll start playing it at any cost and at any price : ).

Any suggestions?
The Dark Moon Kabal ,possibly the biggest DE army ever!
over 20k and awesome, what more do you need to click? (last updated the 02/03/2012)

Nothing better than killing a thousand slaves to wake up in the morning.

Offline Lt_PliskinAJ

• Captain
  • Thousands of troops one goal.
  • Armies: IG, DKOK, TAU, SM
Re: Looking for a cool sci fi mmo
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2011, 10:46:27 AM »
Star Wars of the old republic just launched today.

Offline Perigrine

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2011, 01:30:21 AM »
Yeah pretty much what your describing iis the star wars mmo to a t.

If for some reason you've been living under a rock just type in star wars the old republic in google to get to the main site.

Offline khaine

• This happens when I am bored.
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Truly Dread
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2011, 09:57:27 AM »
Always been a big lack of Sci-Fi mmos.  :-\

The Old Republic is the current big one, sadly doesn't seem to be living up to the hype. It's a cool game with a great single player mission set (If you liked Mass Effect you'll like it) but there's a lot of people questioning the long term appeal.

Besides that... Eve is all space ships, SWG would have suited you down to the ground but alas is no more... Planetside... On it's last legs, Planetside 2 is still a while away.

If you're just after a Elf-less setting then DCUO may be worth a look, being free to play there's nothing to be lost except the download time.

There's no stopping what can't be stopped, no killing what can't be killed

You can't see the eyes of the demon until him come calling.

This is dread man, truly dread.

"Childhood is when you idolize Batman. Adulthood is when you realize that the Joker makes more sense."

Offline Rakuall

• Never bet against the house
  • Hombrew (Chapter/Legion/Swarm/Warband/etc.) FTW
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2011, 10:52:16 AM »
There's also 'Dust 514' which may or may not be out yet (It's Xbox exclusive so I don't follow). It's basically planetside operations in EVE. So while PC players are in orbit, fighting for a particularly productive colony, or just for territory, you and your team may be hired to secure the surface by Party A. Party B may have it's own ground force ready to deploy.
You could probably play it as a Mercenary, or see about getting a security contract with one of the hundreds, if not thousands, of (player run and staffed) Corporations.
"I don't believe in no win scenarios." -Captain James T. Kirk, USS Enterprise - NCC 1701
"Why do you always bother me when I'm drinking?" -Max Milini
"That's a relatively open weave and I can still see your nipular area." -Chandler Bing

My brother, now deceased:
http://keegancrack.deviantart.com/

Offline Khain Mor (/kharandhil)

• <3 huskblades
    • Dark Moon Kabal
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2012, 03:18:46 PM »
yeah of coruse I know about the Star wars thing, it was suggested by one of my guild mates in flyff. I was still wondering if there were any good sci fi mmo  out there, I was pretty disappointed when i started looking online. Most MMOs are more fantasy like. A couple of sci fi ones, but never as good or as vast as the 40k world.
The Dark Moon Kabal ,possibly the biggest DE army ever!
over 20k and awesome, what more do you need to click? (last updated the 02/03/2012)

Nothing better than killing a thousand slaves to wake up in the morning.

Offline Zilverscale

• Ork Boy
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2012, 11:05:07 PM »
1 of my friends is a total SW fan and he plays it...but he was very disappointed in it.

PAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Spacefrisian

• This is no Zaku
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2012, 03:44:41 AM »
If you are patient you could wait for a new Phantasy Star online game, Sega is working on a new one.
Prey i don't take you alive

Offline Athaga Mor

• Baron von Blueskull
  • Ancient
  • mmm tacos
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2012, 03:17:31 PM »
Star Wars: The Old Republic -- I played a bit, refused to get pulled into another MMO, seemed "ok".

EVE Online -- (I'm biased here.. my character is in the upper 1%).  New expansion is cool, pretty much MMO-anarchy... WILL CONSUME YOUR LIFE if you get hooked.  Looking forward to something in the way of Dust514 whenever that hits (console FPS linked to EVE PC MMO).

There's also 'Dust 514' which may or may not be out yet (It's Xbox exclusive so I don't follow).

actually i understood it to be PS3-only.  going to have to go dig now :P
Athaga Mor
40k - Deathguard CSM, Deathskullz Orks, Daemons, IG Traitors

Current project: painting my new chaos warhound titan