News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Space Marine console game thread  (Read 19120 times)

Offline Kekron

• I will not flinch from my destiny - Eldrad Ulthran
Re: Space Marine console game thread
« Reply #100 on: September 12, 2011, 06:09:09 PM »
@Khemri and Slinky1984: Touche. That does make sense. Also I vaguely remember seeing full squads in the thunderhawk prior to their bailout.
@Khemri: IIRC I believe that for most of the game it is just three marines, the other marine transmissions were back up to the strike cruiser. Now when SPOILER showed up more marines did hit the ground for sure.

@slinky1984: I'm not sure Titus acted outside of any command since being the ranking space marine in the engagement means that he IS the command. His objective was to secure an imperial asset. When plan A of getting to the surface failed. Improvise to plan B. Any commander would make a similar decision. Would any commander make the same one? Probably not. The jump packs could have been chosen as dramatic effect in the air of a video game.

Hopefully that was vague enough not for someone to call spoiler alert :3.
When the storm broke. Ulthwe was ready to strike like the lightning.

Offline The GrimSqueaker

• The Badger on the Road | Staff Infection Officer | Debased Vassal Slayer | Title Barfly | XOXOXO Gossip Girl | Bent Over
  • Global Moderator
  • From the Fourth Necromantic House
« Reply #101 on: November 13, 2011, 09:48:38 PM »
Well, after waiting for them to patch the meeting bug and allow progress I finally finished the campaign today after reloading the game upon a whim a week or so back. That was actually a good deal of fun. A rail road game where there's little in exploration yet I did enjoy the easy of weapon changes outs and plot development. The ending wasn't really a surprise yet I was hoping for a bit more than merely "bad boy, get in the car" as a finale. Still, I got my moneys worth out of this just on the first play through and now there's scope for faffing around in follow on plays just to set up events.

There's also room, perhaps, for a DeathWatch follow on game as the Captain is cleared of his charges and is known to have a certain resistance.

Good stuff all the same.
Quote from: @TracyAuGoGO
Tact is for people who are too slow witted to be sarcastic.
Drink
Knights Tippler
Quote from: Surviving the World
If you can't make fun of something, it's probably not worth taking seriously.

You have to love the smell of science in the morning. It smells of learning.... or perhaps a gas leak.

Offline Swamp Rat

« Reply #102 on: December 25, 2011, 11:05:00 PM »
I'll been playing online on this, my little brother only just got it for xmas, if anyone is up for a game on the PS3 over the next couple of days, add JoelMcKickass
the only hope you have is to accept the fact that you're already dead. And the sooner you accept that, the sooner you will be able to function the way a soldier is supposed to function -- without mercy, without compassion, without remorse. All war depends on it.

Don't cry for the Happy dead
But weep for those who dread to die.

Space Wolves Win Draw Loss - 5-3-0