News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Space Marine console game thread  (Read 19128 times)

Offline Arquarian

• Infinity Circuit
  • all is dust...
Re: Space Marine: exclusive trailer
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2011, 05:34:53 AM »
Depends on how you define North East really. I mean I live in Newcastle and I reckon he's not from anywhere north of Knaresborough based on his accent.

I'd agree, he's no further south thoug. York and leeds have completely different acents and as I said he's not as north as you. (any further North and you're Scottish surely!)

I will bow to your greater knowldege as only half my family are from roung there.

Will be downloading the Demo later today assuming the download servers are up to the task...

Offline Chuckles, The Space Marine Clown

• Can't Touch This; Captain; Swarmlord - Tyranid Sweatshop Operator; 40KO's Official WMD; "No American orphans, please"
  • Ancient
  • I kill, maim and torture because I care
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2011, 06:41:01 AM »
He's north yorkshire most likely, I'll agree with that.

I may well be able to get my hands on the finished article, as it turns out I now have a job. Bonus.
The forum rules are fair and just. *twitch*

Offline Arquarian

• Infinity Circuit
  • all is dust...
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2011, 06:50:00 AM »
Congratulations! the beers are on you!!

Ok so I did a bit of stalking and apparently John "Total Biscuit" Bain aka Cynical Brit,  currently lives in Concord NC (I believe that is some where in the colonies)

He lists his "Hometown" as Newcastle! to be honest he doesn't say which one, but he hasn't got a Midlands accent so I'ts unlikely to be Newcastle-under-Lyme.

In short he's one of you...

• Can't Touch This; Captain; Swarmlord - Tyranid Sweatshop Operator; 40KO's Official WMD; "No American orphans, please"
  • Ancient
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2011, 08:09:05 AM »
He doesn't sound the slightest bit like a Geordie (note: I am not a Geordie, I just live here). He could be from the other one to be fair, but I would be surprised. More likely he was born and bred in newcastle but comes from smoggy stock, he sounds the type.

Offline Arquarian

• Infinity Circuit
  • all is dust...
« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2011, 08:12:44 AM »
I agree. I have a few mates from Geordie Shore and he's nothing like them. I believe you were were correct and that he's from south of Durham but north of Leeds.

I will say however that he is definately not a Yorkshire man.

Ps I like the game  (just so this has at least some passing semblance to the topic ;D )

Offline Heretek

• General Freyberg | Out, damn'd Grot! | Ork Boy
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2011, 08:20:40 AM »
Downloaded the demo this morning and I'm thoroughly enjoying it. One of the things that stood out was that it felt like I was controlling a Space Marine; he moves with this sort of weight to him that feels really appropriate.

It's a shame Total Biscuit didn't find the power axe in the corner of that last room, I did and the result was SO MUCH JOY.

Offline Grand Master Lomandalis

• Grand Master of the Deathwing | Oh the lolmanity! | 40kOnline's Care Bear of LOL!
  • Global Moderator
  • We were murderers first, last, and always!
  • Armies: Dark Angels, Custodes, Knights, Night Lords
« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2011, 08:38:25 AM »
Downloaded the demo, thought I had more than enough of the requirements for my computer to run it.

uh uh.. choppy as all hell and I can't do anything
If there is anything that recent politics has taught us, it is that quotes taken out of context can mean what ever you want them to.
Well I always liked the globals...
I knew I had fans!!!

"Dark Angels are Traitors" is the 40k equivalent of Flat Earthers.  You can provide all of the proof you want that says otherwise, but people just can't let it go...

Offline Arquarian

• Infinity Circuit
  • all is dust...
« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2011, 09:20:35 AM »
I just checked the tech requirements I tick all boxes for the minimum but not the recommended.

What are you rockin' BML???

• Ancient
« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2011, 09:33:37 AM »
I tick all the boxes for recommended, but in the case of RAM only by a small margin. Will definitely need to upgrade there at some stage

Offline Arquarian

• Infinity Circuit
  • all is dust...
« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2011, 10:46:45 AM »
Ah good. I have 4GB but my motherboard only supports 3. Silly me didn't check that before building the thing in the first place.
Still I should be ok then.

Was it uber unplayable clunky or just irritatingly jumpy.

Ps what is the technical term or grading for clunky / jumpiness.....???

Offline High Grandmaster smithmyster666 of the Grey Knights

• Strike from the skies brothers!!!
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2011, 02:20:26 PM »
if you liked his review, another person to check out is zeropunctuation, his reviews pick at all the things wrong with a game, rather than everything thats good. his level of sarcasm and style of insults are just amazing, must recommend you watch his review of kane and lynch

ive got the ps3 demo downloading now, hopefully it will meet my expectations :)
From the skies we rain, as the emperors fist we strike against our foes, until all blood be it alien, heretic or mutant is spilled. we will not rest until the galaxy is cleansed free of these monstrosities and we hold these worlds in the name of humanity and its immortal emperor.

Offline Grand Master Lomandalis

• Grand Master of the Deathwing | Oh the lolmanity! | 40kOnline's Care Bear of LOL!
  • Global Moderator
  • We were murderers first, last, and always!
  • Armies: Dark Angels, Custodes, Knights, Night Lords
« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2011, 06:24:13 PM »
I just checked the tech requirements I tick all boxes for the minimum but not the recommended.

What are you rockin' BML???

Operating system:  Windows 7 65 bit (passes minimum and recommended

Processor:  AMD Athlon II X2 240 2.8ghz dual core (passes minimum, not recommended)

Memory:  3gb (passes minimum and recommended)

Graphics:  Nvidia GeForce GT 220 1gb video card (passes minimum and recommended)

Direct X:  Version 11 (passes minimum and recommended)

So I don't get it, I have all the minimum requirements and the only recommended I am missing is the quad core processor, so why does this run so terribly on my computer?
If there is anything that recent politics has taught us, it is that quotes taken out of context can mean what ever you want them to.
Well I always liked the globals...
I knew I had fans!!!

"Dark Angels are Traitors" is the 40k equivalent of Flat Earthers.  You can provide all of the proof you want that says otherwise, but people just can't let it go...

« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2011, 08:21:48 PM »
Finished playing the demo and I think I'm in love with it, the jump pack is amazing, and after I figured out how the grenade launcher works I loved that too, I can't wait to indulge in the full game, the combat is quite realistic in comparison to the TT on hard difficulty, if your surrounded by 8 boys in combat, you be dead, and needing all of your weapons isn't an idle claim, while on normal you have the option to use the weapons however you like, such as using a bolt pistol as your only ranged weapon, because your boss.

The execution moves with the power axe are awesome, I actually retreated from the carnage when I saw titus rip an ork nobs jaw off, its damn good stuff
From the skies we rain, as the emperors fist we strike against our foes, until all blood be it alien, heretic or mutant is spilled. we will not rest until the galaxy is cleansed free of these monstrosities and we hold these worlds in the name of humanity and its immortal emperor.

Offline Heretek

• General Freyberg | Out, damn'd Grot! | Ork Boy
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2011, 09:15:47 PM »
The one gripe I have with the execution moves is that some of them take forever and you can still be damaged while you're pulling them off, which is unhelpful since they're the only way to regain health. I died a couple of times because Titus was too busy pounding one Ork into a fine red mist to notice its buddies were busily clubbing him to death.

« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2011, 09:18:16 PM »
Agreed on that, but I suppose it adds to the realism, I think they'd probably try to save their buddy if they could

Offline angel of death 007

• Dreadbash Warboss | KoN Veteran
  • Lazerous Penguin
Space Marine Game Demo on Xbox now availiable
« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2011, 11:55:29 PM »
I just thought I would post it so you can start seeing it and playing it.  The Space Marine Game Demo (playable) is available on XBOX live.

Very cool graphics and interesting game play.   I have just started out and downloaded it tonight.   I will post further but for now back to the game...

So I played the first demo mission and the game play was definately awesome as were the graphics.  The power axe was nasty.   I realized about part way thru the only way you can regain health is to execute orks with the "B" button.     very cool game though I think they got me sold on getting it when it comes out.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 12:25:55 AM by angel of death 007 »

Offline Macman_EKIM

• Mah Codex is ruined!!!111one :(
  • KILL MAIM BURN!!!
Re: Space Marine Game Demo on Xbox now availiable
« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2011, 01:20:15 AM »
Loved the demo, I will be picking it up for sure.
Record:3703/22/5.  <--Don't believe it? I don't believe your fake record either.

"Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!"

Offline DeadDuck1015

• Armies: Imperial Guard, Vampire Counts
Re: Space Marine Game Demo on Xbox now availiable
« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2011, 02:03:58 AM »
Picked it up yesterday on the 360, thoroughly enjoyed it. Glad I already had the game pre-ordered.
"Our end is come, but what an end! We have been given the most precious gift: a chance to roar our defiance into the foe that overwhelms us with their numbers. Let the Emperor Himself hear our final battle cry! Forward, warriors of the Guard, and die like the heroes you are!"

Offline Arquarian

• Infinity Circuit
  • all is dust...
« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2011, 04:49:34 AM »
Ok, I must be a complete duffer, I tried to donwload the Demo through Steam, I entered the download code and Steam told me I had already had that game in my library. Clearly I did not. what's gone wrong...???

I so want to play this game!

Offline FifthWindDieGermanator

• Marines are Toughness 3! | Termagant
« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2011, 12:04:50 PM »
Ok, I must be a complete duffer, I tried to donwload the Demo through Steam, I entered the download code and Steam told me I had already had that game in my library. Clearly I did not. what's gone wrong...???

I so want to play this game!

The same thing happened to me, but after it told me that, I went back to the Steam Store and tried to download the demo, and it started up (as to before I entered the code, it wouldn't let me click on the 'Download Demo' button).
"special weapons, what special weapons, oh look skulls, BLAAAGABLAGAAAGGGGG BLOOD SKULLS BLOOD SKULLS"
-Sanctjud

I'd rather you hate me, For everything I am, Than have you love me, For something that I can't
- Five Finger Death Punch

Beware, Rules Lawyers, beware!