News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Random Story  (Read 885 times)

Offline 4084595657

• Grot
Random Story
« on: June 28, 2011, 06:51:08 AM »
My exams just ended and I'm waiting for my Rift patcher to update the game so I decided to wap out a random scene from a book/short-story. It has no genuine plot but I had fun writing it. I'm just looking for a bit of critique and thought I'd share it with you guys. I've never really been good at writing I just enjoy the process of creating characters and watching how scenes unfold within my own mind its like my imagination is in overdrive :D

Here we go...

Rook struggled to fit his hand into the tight fitting gloves, it was time. As King Louis' personal Jester the pressure subsequent to each performance mounted, his latest tricks and deceptions were more than taxing. His gloves were dark and of thin leather, similar to the rest of his attire although his chest was bare revealing a less than atheletic physique. The final touches were added and his dirty blond hair tied back emphasising his shiny grey eyes encased by the wrinkles in his olive skin. Rook was slightly overweight compared to the average youth but possessed some rare talents and a boyish charm surpassing any of his physical flaws. Despite this he had a distinguished look as a result of his heritage.
His mother was a physicians assistant in some long forgotten part of Dackeroth's country side, those who knew her would have said she was dosey with sickly pale skin which completely contrasted against Rooks dark skin and sharp mind. From what he remembered he remembered his internal and external constitution held no resemblence to hers. No similarities, no common ground. This, in combination with his lack of purpose led him to search for a life elsewhere. Rook assumed his father was also of dark skin and striking eyes, uncommon this far North, but he cared not for thoughts of anything beyond asthetics.
Regathering his thoughts he headed from his chambers to the assembly court of King Louis. Rolling his wrists as he walked he recalled the armour and weapons each of the Kings personal guard were equiped with. The latest stint of entertainment Rook would provided was to combat two of these guards. Men chosen on their finese in battle and unquestionable loyalty. Over weeks he had studied their combat manouvers, training and even personality. Identifying which guards often put themselves out of position in order to gain a killing blow. As always Rook was prepared, it was standard. Finally, Rook pushed open the iron-clad oak doors and entered the marble chamber. Greeting the King with the largest of fake smiles.
"Greetings your Highness!" Rook Acclaimed, with open arms addressing both the king and his surrounding favourites.
After studying the King he had noticed some changes since last months performance. Most blatent of all were the additional chins and layers of fat stuffed into what were deemed as fashionable robes, which the King and his nobles were all sporting. Other thasn the kings newly aquired bulk the nobles present had also chagned which was, unfortunately, unsurprising. The kings favourites were replaced and even executed in proportion to the kings mood. Quite rightly the lift of a court noble was fast and loose like a game which those daring enough to play were rewarded with limitless riches but an inevitable demise.
"So my Jester, what have you brought me today" Questioned the King, saving the petty formalities.
Rook smiled and stated "Today my great King I would like to challenged two of your champions to combat, and using only these hands I shall defeat them".
Gesturing with the slow wriggeling of his fingers.
"I must say" The King paused to think. "I wonder who will clean my assembly floor when your inards are strewn upon it!" He then laughed.

- Right guys I don't have time to type the rest up but I will when I get back on