News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: The 40konline Space Tavern  (Read 9420 times)

Offline Interrogator_Chaplain

• Just say you won't repent, I dare you.
Re: The 40konline Space Tavern
« Reply #60 on: May 7, 2009, 09:41:45 PM »
How do you like it? Burnt to a crisp? Medium Rare? Raw? Do it yourself? (Live cow)

Offline Tyranid_Wannabe

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Es ist ein schönes Schiff
« Reply #61 on: May 8, 2009, 03:41:26 AM »
I become THE God, using the Tavern as a power base to begin with (not difficult) with all the omnipotent powers that goes with the status: Then you all end up licking my toes for personal favors and the access right to the lowest, smallest biological needs of all, like,  to draw breath and eat earthworms.  ...Starky - Godlike

[blah blah blah I am powerful oh wait I am not.
   Starky

Starky's been kind of an arrogant prick about this kind of thing, especially via PM, so I temp banned him for today.  Enjoy the peace and quiet.

Anyone gloating about an imagined place of importance in the Space Tavern is sick.  I am the cure. 

But why stop at one day...... I demand further action. No point delaying the infection, you must rid of it completely. Usually with a big knife. If only every day would be this peaceful. My eyes are not subjected to widdle yellow text  ;D
Heed my wisdom, ignore my ignorance

Offline Thalandir

• Adam's Myspace
« Reply #62 on: May 8, 2009, 04:08:01 AM »
Oh my, the Eldar-haters seem to be growing and growing in number in this place...

*shuffles over to corner*

~Thal/Eldrad

Surrounded by your glory, what will my heart feel? Will I dance for you Jesus, or in awe of you be still?
Will I stand in your presence, or to my knees will I fall?
Will I sing, 'Hallelujah'? Will I be able to speak at all?
I can only imagine...

Offline Mr.Peanut (Turtleproof)

• Ride Like Lightning, Crash Like Thunder | Infinity Circuit | Pork Sword of Mod-Justice | Took the basket, nuts and lol | Good grief, ye hennie pennies
  • Ancient
  • Turtleposting At The Speed Of SHift
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Eldar, Sigmarines, Chaos, Demons
« Reply #63 on: May 8, 2009, 09:20:53 AM »
But why stop at one day...... I demand further action. No point delaying the infection, you must rid of it completely. Usually with a big knife. If only every day would be this peaceful. ...

My request to push the Space Tavern and everyone in it into a volcano was denied.
You are
What you do
When it counts
     -The Masao
"Getting what you want can be dangerous.

Offline Starrakatt

• Infinity Circuit
  • Bitter Vet
« Reply #64 on: May 8, 2009, 11:46:53 AM »
Starky's been kind of an arrogant prick about this kind of thing, especially via PM, so I temp banned him for today.
Some people can't take humor. ::)

I propose that not Titled poster have the right to get his/her feet in the Tavern. We already have to deal with special people at the outside, no need to fill the place with straitjacket cases... ;D

Starky

Don't push it Starky...
Can't take the heat? It's the Tavern. Banter is allowed.
« Last Edit: May 8, 2009, 12:16:54 PM by Starrakatt »

Join the POC: Craftworld Iyanden - The Ghost Warriors

Quote from: Farceseer Siranaul
Yes you are being dense.

Offline Salami

• I'm a just unworthy of a custom title.
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Remember Greenstuff.
« Reply #65 on: May 8, 2009, 11:50:09 AM »
Don't push it Starky...
May 2027: 40K 8th edition is released. The rules are now so simple that they embody the perfect emptiness of zen, accidentally causing thousands of players to become one with the universe.

June 2027: Someone complains on a message board that the 8th edition 40K rules, while the path to true enlightenment, do not feature realistic armour saves.

(Rictiovarus is the Tavern antichrist).

Offline tryanotherone - smurfernating

• SPAMMER: I swear I am not an ad-bot!
  • Pray hard - life is short!
« Reply #66 on: May 8, 2009, 01:46:16 PM »
Ok, we are definately in need of a bouncer or better yet, a detachment of Arbites in the tavern!
Taking a very long break.

The Rumour Mill - bending the fabric of time and space

Remember Brimstone - legends live forever

Offline Salami

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Remember Greenstuff.
« Reply #67 on: May 8, 2009, 01:48:33 PM »

You were already banned once. I suggest you learn why that was, lest ye be banned again.
May 2027: 40K 8th edition is released. The rules are now so simple that they embody the perfect emptiness of zen, accidentally causing thousands of players to become one with the universe.

June 2027: Someone complains on a message board that the 8th edition 40K rules, while the path to true enlightenment, do not feature realistic armour saves.

Offline Tyranid_Wannabe

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #68 on: May 8, 2009, 02:26:02 PM »
Ok, we are definately in need of a bouncer or better yet, a detachment of Arbites in the tavern!

Yes theyneed be granted special powers of life and death over the tavern members...... oh wait we already have that... the name for them escpaes me but I think they are called mods. But I'm not too sure. My memory sigh

But why stop at one day...... I demand further action. No point delaying the infection, you must rid of it completely. Usually with a big knife. If only every day would be this peaceful. ...

My request to push the Space Tavern and everyone in it into a volcano was denied.

Coincidence or is their a conspiracy against you peanut. Whom out of your comrades has an interest in the tavern surviving and thriving?

Offline The GrimSqueaker

• The Badger on the Road | Staff Infection Officer | Debased Vassal Slayer | Title Barfly | XOXOXO Gossip Girl | Bent Over
  • Global Moderator
  • From the Fourth Necromantic House
« Reply #69 on: May 8, 2009, 02:32:03 PM »
Whom out of your comrades has an interest in the tavern surviving and thriving?

Actually, it was more to do with the shipping costs and necessary required zoning permissions for siting the volcano at fault there.
Quote from: @TracyAuGoGO
Tact is for people who are too slow witted to be sarcastic.
Drink
Knights Tippler
Quote from: Surviving the World
If you can't make fun of something, it's probably not worth taking seriously.

You have to love the smell of science in the morning. It smells of learning.... or perhaps a gas leak.

Offline Thalandir

• Adam's Myspace
« Reply #70 on: May 8, 2009, 04:40:34 PM »

Actually, it was more to do with the shipping costs and necessary required zoning permissions for siting the volcano at fault there.

I'm sure that if, say, we through some kind of fund raiser, we'd have the necessary funds to carry out this proposed plan.

Hmmmm....Sancjtud in lava.....oh my, the smell the smell.......

~Thal/Eldrad

Surrounded by your glory, what will my heart feel? Will I dance for you Jesus, or in awe of you be still?
I can only imagine...

Offline Jester (Hadn't Changed His Profile Recently)

• I put the ass in assault.
  • Armies: The legions of pantslessness.
« Reply #71 on: May 8, 2009, 05:19:11 PM »
4 pages and I'm not even mentioned. You all fail at life. The bar should serve battery acid labeled as extremely strong vodka.
The Tavern is dead. Long live The Tavern.

Offline JamesBot 9000

• He who begged to be a Moderator - Commissar- Official 40kO Sucker - 40kOnline's Wingman
  • Ancient
  • It's on now, chaps!
    • Out-of-Plane Labs
« Reply #72 on: May 8, 2009, 05:25:57 PM »
Oi! How'd you get past the bouncers?! I'm gonna fire them this happens one more time....

The "I build robots" badge (LEVEL IV)
In which, technically, the recipient is not in the business of world domination (as dictated by membership rules*), but has built a robot that is.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from: Herr.Erdnuss
Quote from: Jimmy said this last night in a dark closet
"Sorry, Jimmy can not resist!"
There were no survivors.

Offline Starrakatt

• Infinity Circuit
  • Bitter Vet
« Reply #73 on: May 8, 2009, 05:31:20 PM »
Jester, what make you think we wanted pink text in there?

You were already banned once. I suggest you learn why that was, lest ye be banned again.
[serious mode] Twice. Both were jokes. And I never attack or personally insult people on any forums, only there in the Tavern (and possibly Tavern related discussion, via PMs or not) do I let blatant irony, false ego and/or delusion of any power filter in my posting.

The 'dominance game' has been running for years in there, in case some people hadn't noticed, and should note that any if not most arm wrestling have been done between a couple of posters, Jimmy included.

Calling someone an 'arrogant prick' is something you won't see me do, thank you.

If any moderators have a real problem with my behavior, as in Rule breaking and Ban Points awarded, in ANY forums then they are welcome to send me a clear PM to express it. [/serious mode]

Quote from: MrPeanut
Anyone gloating about an imagined place of importance in the Space Tavern is sick.  I am the cure.
This man has a load of work then isn't it? :o

Starky
« Last Edit: May 8, 2009, 05:32:40 PM by Starrakatt »

Join the POC: Craftworld Iyanden - The Ghost Warriors

Quote from: Farceseer Siranaul
Yes you are being dense.

Offline Thalandir

• Adam's Myspace
« Reply #74 on: May 8, 2009, 05:35:30 PM »
Jester, what make you think we wanted pink text in there?

[serious mode] Twice. Both were jokes. And I never attack or personally insult people on any forums, only there in the Tavern (and possibly Tavern related discussion, via PMs or not) do I let blatant irony, false ego and/or delusion of any power filter in my posting.

The 'dominance game' has been running for years in there, in case some people hadn't noticed, and should note that any if not most arm wrestling have been done between a couple of posters, Jimmy included.

Calling someone an 'arrogant prick' is something you won't see me do, thank you.

If any moderators have a real problem with my behavior, as in Rule breaking and Ban Points awarded, in ANY forums then they are welcome to send me a clear PM to express it. [/serious mode]

Quote from: MrPeanut
This man has a load of work then isn't it? :o

Starky

See everyone? Starky isn't a power-hungry fool. He's just a child in the body of a grown man, in desperate need of a hug and some reassuring words.

There, there....

:P

~Thal/Eldrad

I can only imagine...

Offline Mr.Peanut (Turtleproof)

• Ride Like Lightning, Crash Like Thunder | Infinity Circuit | Pork Sword of Mod-Justice | Took the basket, nuts and lol | Good grief, ye hennie pennies
  • Ancient
  • Turtleposting At The Speed Of SHift
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Eldar, Sigmarines, Chaos, Demons
« Reply #75 on: May 8, 2009, 09:45:12 PM »
[I wasn't serious, honest!]

So: mission accomplished.
You are
What you do
When it counts
     -The Masao
"Getting what you want can be dangerous.

Offline Salami

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Remember Greenstuff.
« Reply #76 on: May 8, 2009, 09:52:17 PM »

Dominance game? What the hell are you talking about? There's no dominance here, only endless antagonism. I thought you'd know this by know. Nobody here likes you. Nobody here likes me either. It's the tavern way.

Offline Thalandir

• Adam's Myspace
« Reply #77 on: May 9, 2009, 03:09:33 AM »

Dominance game? What the hell are you talking about? There's no dominance here, only endless antagonism. I thought you'd know this by know. Nobody here likes you. Nobody here likes me either. It's the tavern way.

I like you both...

...why can't everyone be friends? *extends arms*

~Thal/Eldrad

I can only imagine...

Offline tryanotherone - smurfernating

• SPAMMER: I swear I am not an ad-bot!
  • Pray hard - life is short!
« Reply #78 on: May 9, 2009, 04:44:16 AM »
Oh boy, here comes the first bar brawl. ;D
Taking a very long break.

The Rumour Mill - bending the fabric of time and space

Remember Brimstone - legends live forever

Offline Tyranid_Wannabe

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #79 on: May 9, 2009, 05:24:34 AM »
...why can't everyone be friends? *extends arms*

~Thal/Eldrad[/color]

Get your peace away from our hate. Don't you dare dilute the strong emotions. In fact 40konline is actually powered by the rage and tears of taverners. You threathen the site Thal

[Starky says stuff]

Sigh hook line and sinker
Tut tut Starky. Don't break the internet rules of showing weakness and seriousness. Now who let you back in?

Ah yes this financial crisis we are in now. I suppose money is rather tight

Enormous nested quotation is just a waste of space.  -Mr.Peanut
« Last Edit: May 9, 2009, 10:34:26 AM by Mr.Peanut »