News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Weaver Works: Banners, Avatars And More (Pic Heavy)  (Read 3999 times)

Offline Aotarí

• Tecktonik!
Re: Weaver Works: Banners, Avatars And More (Pic Heavy)
« Reply #40 on: June 20, 2007, 05:51:21 AM »
Well then, Sorry for the miss on my side. Anyway, Would you make a an Avatar out of this image? (I don't know how to insert images into post but)

http://medusav.uk.games-workshop.com/introduction/armies/images/guard.jpg

Make it look like something from an old film, albeit "scorched" on the extreme edges

And a Banner with this picture

http://uk.games-workshop.com/download/popup.htm?/imperialguard/artwork/images/art-01.jpg

make the background black and white, but keep the soldiers in their original colours and write "For The Emperor!" with the "religious" text you used previous on Akriels banner :)
« Last Edit: June 20, 2007, 05:52:49 AM by Cilither »

Offline chapnick

• splat!
« Reply #41 on: June 20, 2007, 07:32:37 PM »
First of all that is some great pieces of work ;D. If you could find the time to make a banner from my avatar and include the words speed and firepower with some dark red colours that would be awesome. If you need anymore ideas just check out Hellsing. Once again your work is great.

Offline -Makenshi-

• I See Stupid People
  • Ancient
« Reply #42 on: June 20, 2007, 07:37:41 PM »
Make it look like something from an old film, albeit "scorched" on the extreme edges

Not sure what you mean by this, could you give a few examples or go into more detail?

First of all that is some great pieces of work ;D. If you could find the time to make a banner from my avatar and include the words speed and firepower with some dark red colours that would be awesome. If you need anymore ideas just check out Hellsing. Once again your work is great.

I'm afraid I doubt I'd be able to do a good quality banner with your current avatar. The reason is that all of the sides are 'cut off' so it would look unnatural if I stuck it in a banner. If you have a bigger picture or a similar one then I could do it, but with that avatar I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to do a very good banner.

~MTWC
Quote from: IainC
Because spamming the hotkey for a Deathknight's weapon in WoW is precisely the same as learning to use a sword in real life. That's why when Kendo grandmasters fight, they just stand there shouting keystroke combos at each other.

Offline Farceseer Syranaul

• Infinity Circuit
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The Redux Dentist
  • Armies: The Buanneth Fhirin
« Reply #43 on: June 23, 2007, 02:55:04 AM »
I'm looking for someone to make me a new avatar.  Something like the autarch on the front of the codex, but with the same color scheme as my current avatar.
"Simple Changes, and Small Additions"
"It is easier to add something than to remove something."

Quote from: Starrakatt, LolDeer of Doom
So, maybe I'm being dense here

Offline Shade, Bankai King

« Reply #44 on: June 26, 2007, 09:45:07 PM »
  Hey Mak, glad to see you started this up again. So since you have started it again I would like to ask for a banner and avatar.

Well for the background of the banner. A purple effect like the one around the wrist in this pic.   http://pop.gameguru.ru/images/Assassins_Creed/Assassins_Creed_27.jpg
Also with the guy in whites head and arm with blade in it. http://home.btconnect.com/hgi/ps3/assassins-creed.jpg
 Or this ones head http://image2.ruliweb.com/data/news7/05m/09/ps3/acd03.jpg'
With Shade written across it in which ever style u choose since it is your character ;)

Also can I get an avy made with the same background and the same head as in the one in the second link.

Thank you ahead of time. U can of course ignore this.

Ps: Are u ever going to write more of the weavers series?
[CENTER

Offline -Makenshi-

• I See Stupid People
  • Ancient
« Reply #45 on: June 28, 2007, 09:34:29 AM »

I've started it up again, done the prologue and half the first chapter (which is longer than before). The prologue is very different to before (i.e. it's not the prophecy).

As for the banner, I'm not sure if I could acurately redo the effect on that guy's arm, but I'll give it a shot.

I'm looking for someone to make me a new avatar.  Something like the autarch on the front of the codex, but with the same color scheme as my current avatar.

So red/orange and black/white?

P.s. Moved into my house for my second year at Uni, Internet should follow in a week or two.

~MTWC
Because spamming the hotkey for a Deathknight's weapon in WoW is precisely the same as learning to use a sword in real life. That's why when Kendo grandmasters fight, they just stand there shouting keystroke combos at each other.

• Infinity Circuit
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The Redux Dentist
« Reply #46 on: June 28, 2007, 12:24:36 PM »

So red/orange and black/white?

P.s. Moved into my house for my second year at Uni, Internet should follow in a week or two.

~MTWC

If you enlarge the picture you will see light blue and light brown in the lines of light.  I can send you something for a larger picture if you need it.

Weaver series?  Where can I find those?

« Reply #47 on: June 28, 2007, 10:00:04 PM »

I've started it up again, done the prologue and half the first chapter (which is longer than before). The prologue is very different to before (i.e. it's not the prophecy).

As for the banner, I'm not sure if I could acurately redo the effect on that guy's arm, but I'll give it a shot.
What site is the story on? The one it was on before hasn't changed.

If you can't copy that effect then just dark blue will do.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2007, 10:01:10 PM by Shade, The Thought Weaver »
[CENTER

Offline -Makenshi-

• I See Stupid People
  • Ancient
« Reply #48 on: July 2, 2007, 11:26:53 AM »
Weaver series?  Where can I find those?

I'll PM you a link to the old versions, and yes, if you could supply the larger version that would help (link if it's a massive picture).

What site is the story on? The one it was on before hasn't changed.

I'm probably going to take that site down, simply to avoid people stealing it. The new version has only just been started to typed up and is only on my Uni computer, which I haven't been bothered to set up yet (what with no internet and games, there hasn't been much point).

I will probably put the first drafts up on Original Writings, along with any of the stuff from my other stories (such as the short I started of Seis'Houjin). I may also post it here on 40kO, however I rarely get responses here, so that remains to be seen.

~MTWC

« Reply #49 on: July 2, 2007, 07:42:35 PM »
I will probably put the first drafts up on Original Writings, along with any of the stuff from my other stories (such as the short I started of Seis'Houjin). I may also post it here on 40kO, however I rarely get responses here, so that remains to be seen.

~MTWC
Well if you don't end up putting it on this site then could you pm me the link to wherever you put it?
« Last Edit: July 2, 2007, 07:45:06 PM by Shade, The Thought Weaver »
[CENTER

• Infinity Circuit
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The Redux Dentist

Offline Mr.Squid

• Feral Grot
« Reply #51 on: July 3, 2007, 02:27:04 AM »
Would it be possible to make a banner from this, with the words, "Let No Joyful Voice Be Heard"in ghostly letters  on it? Thank you in advance if you can, and thanks anyway if you can't.

If you know any other good Kraken pics, feel free to use them, but this was the only well done, creepy pic that I could find. Thanks again.

Mr.Squid
« Last Edit: July 3, 2007, 02:33:04 PM by Mr.Squid »
Maybe the regiment consists entirely of Ninjas who were orphaned by Dark Eldar slavers. With a score to settle, these black clad night assassins fight against their hated parent-murderers with laser shurikens and untold ferocity.

Offline Pandamonium

• It's definitely not a trap
« Reply #52 on: July 3, 2007, 02:14:22 PM »
Possibly make a banner about my all new love of Rogues/Assassins?

I just like those pictures cause they're dark and eerie

With the words in random places "...As Darkness Falls..."  "...The Shadows Arise.."

Offline -Makenshi-

• I See Stupid People
  • Ancient
« Reply #53 on: July 5, 2007, 08:52:26 PM »
Ok, I have the internet now, so I'll be working on and off on stuff here. I've added Cilither, chapnick, Farceseer Siranaul, Sybarite Shade, Mr. Squid & The Mexecutioner to the list, although I'm still waiting for replies from the former two (Cilither & chapnick).

~MTWC

« Reply #54 on: July 5, 2007, 09:41:32 PM »
Have you started mine yet? If not I would like ot change it as the Mexecutioner has the same theme and character I have.
[CENTER

Offline -Makenshi-

• I See Stupid People
  • Ancient
« Reply #55 on: July 6, 2007, 06:46:20 PM »
No, haven't started it yet, so it'd be ok to change it if you want.

~MTWC

« Reply #56 on: July 6, 2007, 09:38:04 PM »
Well can you add a blue glow/ Hue to this image http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c137/grim101/gallery-image011.jpg ?

Then can you take the image below and the image above and make a banner in the style like my already existing one.(in my sig) With instead of Raging Beast put Sybarite Shade in gory leters?

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c137/grim101/art-05.jpg 
[CENTER

• Infinity Circuit
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The Redux Dentist
« Reply #57 on: July 13, 2007, 12:43:29 PM »
Any updates for either of us?

Offline -Makenshi-

• I See Stupid People
  • Ancient
« Reply #58 on: July 13, 2007, 02:03:12 PM »
Sorry, while I have the net, I'm having problems with the computer itself (one thing or another has been installed improperly and is stopping me from getting on for longer than 10/20 minutes every 12 hours, it may even be windows ¬¬). Unfortunately, using Photoshop is pretty damn difficult under these circumstances, especially as it has to compete with various other things I need to do with my (for now) limited time on the comp.

~MTWC

• Infinity Circuit
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The Redux Dentist
« Reply #59 on: July 16, 2007, 12:25:27 AM »
No worries.  I just don't want this thread to sink to the bottom, or else I might never find it again.