News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Dawn of War tactics for eldar  (Read 5716 times)

Offline London Exarch

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Re: Dawn of War tactics for eldar
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2007, 09:02:59 AM »
Haven't played online, but in the standard game the single most useful thing the eldar can do is build webway portals - you have access to cheap platforms, and more importantly can now fortify ANY location, whereas other races can only fortify strategic points.  This is a big advantage when it comes to defending critical locations.  Moreover relocation matrix helps spread your turrets around as one defensive location becomes redundant, you might need to construct more webway assemblies, to access more turrets.

Early on the Eldar are total pony so you need to maximise your defence until you can get 'Lords and Falcons + Avatar.

Offline Baharistrill

« Reply #21 on: March 4, 2007, 01:43:39 AM »
If you're using guardians research Mysticism and make sure they have a Warlock in the squad. It makes a huge diffence in the amount of fire they can take, I'd say one squad with the upgrade is stronger than two without it.
Howling Banshees also need the Call of War research, they're quite a bit better with the increased health and damage on top of the War Cry.

I find Guardians can be very useful to draw fire, a couple of squads can reduce the fire your other units are taking and let them do their jobs without dying before they get a shot off.
Quote from: Locarno
"Mighty Tzeench, why did you do this thing, which hath turned so many of our plans to ash?"

"I was bored. Besides, you'll understand in about six thousand years. Some time in early April, if everything keeps on schedule...."

A new RPG forum Come and join!

Offline ghost_realm

• I live to taint
« Reply #22 on: March 7, 2007, 12:33:54 PM »
Currently as a member of 2 clans also I have a couple of single accounts (about 700 odd games played at least now) all I can say is spam mass brightlances, make a lot of dark reapers asap and then stick the brightlances within the squads (therefore harder to kill). The other lances bring up the rear and then shoot anything that moves. Also mass hidden webways are a good idea....a pain in the ass but a good idea. Against one of my fellow clan mates out games (when he's eldar) last at least 2 hours as he keeps running on big maps and hiding and then trying that trick. If you want me to teach you in game how to  use the armies in game then look on the eu servers (uk time about 9pm onwards) my user names will be out of there.....cpt_be-atch, SK|Outsider, FG|Horus, SK|Alpharius or for the best eldar player I know look for deoa and pm him on the eu boards

Offline Defenestratus

• RAWRR!
« Reply #23 on: March 7, 2007, 04:23:37 PM »
Having played DoW since it came out, and only eldar (I wouldn't even know what to click on if I played Orks), I can say that DC gave us the big ole shaft.

The capping of the FP I could live with, the capping of the warp spiders, ok.  But what they did to the dark reapers was just egregious and profane.

However, the cloaked nature of the game changed in DC as well.  My build order is this:

Bonesinger, 2 guardian squads, plasma grenades, FoF -> 2 Plasma generators
Warp Gate->Shroud IMMEDIATELY
Aspect Portal/Listening posts
1 scatter laser turret in shroud range

This can REALLY fudge up the standard rush, and as long as you can pick out the spotting units.  Upgrading your invisible LP's to starcannons helps a lot too.