News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: This whole Necron vs Eldar thing  (Read 3573 times)

Offline klardom

• Coffee: That which gives substance to life.
Re:This whole Necron vs Eldar thing
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2002, 04:50:20 PM »
I think that a standalone Harlequin army would be really cool.  After all, harlies work on their own agenda, not on that of a craftworld, and so you would rarely see harlequins working alongside CWE.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.

Offline Eroom Neb

• I *Love* EldarOnline!
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2002, 01:15:59 PM »
erm people remember that Harlequins fight with all types of eldar and (sorry 2 bring in another race) but didnt Eldrad say that they were to protect the race that will do all this for them wile they in there infancy. I speek of the tau(who probly havnt even met an eldar yet they thaught they defeted slaneesh just by killing a greater deamon) mabye they will defeat the necrons in time just wile the eldar protect them. just an idea

Offline The Quoteer

• D4 1337 GR33N NINJ4!!½½
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2002, 08:12:54 PM »
Hello this is my first post! I have some info, all official

The old ones is a race! they was a playable race in the dawn of 40k
+++The Ancient Slann+++

History
Of all the races in the galaxy the Slann claim to be, and may actually be the oldest. The days of their bright empire are waning, but still they remain amongst the most enigmatic creatures of known space. The Slann evolved, matured and spread throughout the galaxy many hundreds of thousands of years ago. During the heyday of their empire they discovered and nurtured many primitive creatures, encouraging the evolutionary process on coutless worlds, eradictaing or moving dangerous species, and seeding many planets with promising stock. For millennia they experimented and played with the galaxy, possibly creating many of the races of modern times in the process. But their empire dwindled, the pace of their civilisation slowed, and their genetic experiments were largely abandoned. The Slann retired from an active role in galactic affairs, falling into a long dream of indolence and introspection. They do not seem to have suffered from any physical conflict, there are no records of destructive wars or disasters. Instead their racial motivations appear to have undergone a sudden and drastic change, so that have lost interest in material conquest and power. Perhaps the Slann discovered something yet unknown to other races, some secret of the universe, a spiritual truth or supreme mystical insight. In therealms of psychic-philosophy and mystic-technology the Slann certainly have no equals, fulfilling themselves by study of spiritual life-forces and secret powers of other realities.
The Slann originally evolved from amphibian stock, and even today traces of their ancestry are not hard to distinguish. Their hands and feet are long and webbed, their skins cool and moist, their heads large with protruding eyes. They are quite at home in the water, and are capable of breathing oxygen from water (or other poorly oxygenated atmospheres) directly through their skin.
Slann vary in colour a great deal - green and blue are common, yellow is fairly well represented, and there is a scattering of other, rarer colour morphs as well as albino and melanistic forms. Brightly pigmented Slann are often extrovert, talented or especially noteworthy in some way. Skins are sometimes mottled, striped or otherwise marked. On some Slann worlds, and especially among primitive Slann, these markings represent tribal divisions. Height is fairly constant, with adult Slann reaching 2 metres, females are slightly larger and bulkier.
The Slann inhabit an area to the north of the galactic pole, living upon a number of proximate, prosperous worlds. The society remains closed to other races, but appears to be homogenous throughout, with a similar technical base, language and culture on each planet. Exceptionally, groups of Slann live as primitive savages on a number of worlds beyond Slann space, including planets of the Imperium. Strangely enough, these primitve Slann are scattered throughout the galaxy, and probably comprise the remnants of what was once a much larger pattern of Slann settlement. These primitives have little or no contact with their technologically advanced kin. The Slann are a curious people, rarely trading with other races and unpredictable when dealing with territorial disputes or any form of rivalry. There is little that the Slann want or need, and traders often get the feeling that they are being watched and studied, and that the exchange of goods is of no importance to the Slann.
Organisation
Slann warriors are called braves, and a number of braves plus a leader makes up a warband. The number of warriors in a band varies, but is usually between 6 and 8, although it can vary between 2 and 12. A senior officer called a warleader commands a group of warbands. Where armies are large large it will have many warleaders, all of whom will meet before a battle to make plans and exchange ideas with experienced warleaders, chiefs and mages. The warleader in overall charge is the warchief - selected from and by the other warleaders. The greatest and most respected individuals in Slann society are the Great Mages. Their aid would be sought in battle, for their knowledge of magic, philosophy and the arcane sciences are formidable. The Great Mages remain aloof from society, although their advice is constantly sought by the social leaders. Slann society is tribal, and the leader of each tribe is known as the Mage Chief. Except among primitive Slann, tribes never fight each other and tribal relations are peaceful. A schematic diagram of Slann society is reproduced below.
1. Great Mages
2. Mage Chiefs and other social leaders
3. Warchiefs
4. Warleaders
5. Warband--|
|
Leader-------Braves
The concept of the the warband is important to the Slann attitude to life. Every Slann is expected to live its life according to a strange, mystic and largely unfathomable ritual, as part of which the individual passes through life-stages. The calling to a life-stage would seem a real and almost unstoppable thing to a Slann, and can happen at any time, so that a peaceful technician may become a wanderer, a warrior, a hermit, etc. Once a Slann feels the call to become a warrior it joins one of its tribe's warbands, or forms a warband of its own. Because of this unpredictable recruiting method, warbands change all the time.

It cover the race it self good but the hole C'tan & Old one (THE WAR IN THE HEAVEN) whas not even invented then

and in the Necron Codex it's a profecy by  Farseer ... The Awakening

THE BANSHEE'S CALL SHALL WAKE THE DEAD; WHEN DARK PORTENTS WAX NIGHT

HEED THEM AS THEM AS THE COUNSEL OF A SEER,OR A FATHER

THE YNGIR,WHO SLEPT SINCE THE BIRTH OF CHAOS

SHALL CRAWL ONCE MORE FROM THEIR TOMBS, THIRSTING FOR WARMTH.

THE WAR IN THE HEAVEN SHALL BE NOTHING TO THEIR VENGANCE

FOR THE SONS OF ASURYAN, FEW IN NUMBER, CANNOT STAND AGAINST THEM.

AND THE EYE OF ISHA SHALL DIM, CLOSING FOR ETERNITY

SUCH A GENTEL GODNESS CANNOT WITNESS SUCH ATROCITIES AS THEY SHALL WREAK.

THE SOULLESS ONES SHALL BE THE HARBRINGER OF THE DARK FATE

THEN SHALL COME THE LIVING DEAD, THE PROGENY

THEN THE  THIRSTING ONES, THE FOREVER DAMNED

AND THE GALAXY SHALL RUN RED AS THE BLOOD OF THE ELDANESH,

THE VAUL-MOON SHALL BRING FORTH THE DRAGON

THE MASTER OF DEATH WILL DRINK DEEP FROM ISHA'S EYE

THAT WHICH LIES OUTSIDE WILL BE DRAWN TO THE HARVEST

AND THE JACKAL-GOD SHALL TURN BROTHER AGAINST BROTHER.

THE FOUR SHALL TAKE THEIR PLACE AMONGST THE STARS,

THEIR LEGIONS ASCENDANT, UNSTOPPABLE AS THE STARS,

A DEADLY SHROUD SHALL FALL ACROSS THE SPIRIT

AND THE GALAXY SHALL MOURN

the C'tan is 4, so it's not looking good! :'( :'(

and the other races that the old ones engineered was Humen and ork + some minor races
Sorry for any spelling mistake.

Offline The Quoteer

• D4 1337 GR33N NINJ4!!½½
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2002, 08:41:53 PM »
Think about the profecy I have come up with an explation

THE BANSHEE'S CALL SHALL WAKE THE DEAD; WHEN DARK PORTENTS WAX NIGHT
**don't realy now**

HEED THEM AS THEM AS THE COUNSEL OF A SEER,OR A FATHER
**pretty heavy then**

THE YNGIR,WHO SLEPT SINCE THE BIRTH OF CHAOS
**Yngir= C'tan, Old ones made their forces to warp-sensativ trigging the 'THE BIRTH OF CHAOS'
SHALL CRAWL ONCE MORE FROM THEIR TOMBS, THIRSTING FOR WARMTH.
**happing now**

THE WAR IN THE HEAVEN SHALL BE NOTHING TO THEIR VENGANCE
**NOT GOOD**

FOR THE SONS OF ASURYAN, FEW IN NUMBER, CANNOT STAND AGAINST THEM.
**Again.. BAD**

AND THE EYE OF ISHA SHALL DIM, CLOSING FOR ETERNITY
**bye-bye**

SUCH A GENTEL GODNESS CANNOT WITNESS SUCH ATROCITIES AS THEY SHALL WREAK.
**to sad..**

THE SOULLESS ONES SHALL BE THE HARBRINGER OF THE DARK FATE
**maybe Phariats(sp?) they have no soul**

THEN SHALL COME THE LIVING DEAD, THE PROGENY
**the necrotyrs(necron)**

THEN THE  THIRSTING ONES, THE FOREVER DAMNED
** C'tan**

AND THE GALAXY SHALL RUN RED AS THE BLOOD OF THE ELDANESH,
**Bad**

THE VAUL-MOON SHALL BRING FORTH THE DRAGON
**may be Mars, in necron codex it's is a history about a tomb w/ some necron and a big shiny thing, possebly resting place of one C'tan, aka The Dragon**

THE MASTER OF DEATH WILL DRINK DEEP FROM ISHA'S EYE
**It's a colletion of star, that the Eldar calls Isha's eye,possebly whas the resting place of the CC C'tan in the codex**

THAT WHICH LIES OUTSIDE WILL BE DRAWN TO THE HARVEST
**Outside?..Hmm.. Black Libery or the Outsider C'tan

AND THE JACKAL-GOD SHALL TURN BROTHER AGAINST BROTHER.
**Jackal-god=The Deciver, again it rumours that is a heretic fraction with in the Brotherhood of Mars**

THE FOUR SHALL TAKE THEIR PLACE AMONGST THE STARS,
**stupid star-vampiers, yes they suck the enery out of stars, when not feeding out of terror, C'tan=Star-gods/vampiers in necrotyr**

THEIR LEGIONS ASCENDANT, UNSTOPPABLE AS THE STARS,
**More than stars**

A DEADLY SHROUD SHALL FALL ACROSS THE SPIRIT
**The Warp?**

AND THE GALAXY SHALL MOURN
* :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(*
Sorry for any spelling mistake.

Offline Rhysk

• Begin the Litanies of Hatred!!!
    • My squatter page on the net
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2002, 02:57:12 PM »
The Banshee's call shall wake the Dead, When dark portents wax nigh

Explination:
Banshees are mythical creatures, that are concerned with the dead. When Dark portents wax nigh, Is a fancy way of saying when evil omens begin to come true.

So line one could read: Spirit like creatures will wake the dead when evil omens begin to come true.

Heed them as the counsel of a seer, or a father

Explination: Pay attention to what the recently awakened Dead have to say.

The Yngir, who have slept since the birth of Chaos

Explination: A description of the C'Tan Gods

Shall crawl once more from their tombs, thirsting for warmth

Explination: The C'tan gods will awaken and search for stars to consume. Basically they will be hungry when they wake up.

The war in heaven shall be as nothing to their vengeance

Explination: They are also going to be angry when they wake up.

For the sons of Asuryan, few in number, cannot stand against them

Explination: The Eldar alone, will not be able to defeat them.  

And the Eye of Isha shall Dim, closing for eternity

Explination: There was a small inscription on the bottom corner suggesting that a Star in the Cyclo sector was recently classified as dead. Further reading in the codex suggests that the star was the eye of Isha near the Ulthwe` Craftworld.

Such a gentl goddess cannot witness such atoscities as they shall wreak

Explination: Isha cannot help the Eldar

the souless ones shall be the harbingers of the dark fate

Explination: Some suggest that these are the pariahs but I find this difficult to believe. Referencing the dance without end of the harlequins, the solitare is a souless creature. With the upcoming rework of the Eldar codex perhaps we will learn more about the solitares.

Then sahll come the living dead, the progeny

Explination: Progeny is another word for children, this clearly refernces the necrons themselves.

Then the thirsting ones, the forever damned

Explination: Perhaps this references the satr vampires or C'tan Gods coming forth behind the advance of the necrons?

And the galaxy shall run red with the bold of eldanesh

Explination: The Eldanesh part still has me stumped, but the galaxy running red seems to imply that every race is threated by this.

The Vaul-Moon shall bring forth the Dragon

Explination: Vaul being the forge god of the Eldar would seem to imply that this is the Machine God on Mars...

The Master of Death will drink deep from Isha's Eye

Explination: Regarding the above passage, it would seem as if Nightbringer is the one who destroyed the Cyclo star near the Ulthwe` Craftworld.

That which lies outside will be drawn to the Harvest

Explination: The fourth and as yet unmentioned C'tan God.

And the Jackal-God shall turn brother against brother.

Explination: This refers to the deciever, his description references him as the Jakal God

The four shall take their place amoung the stars,

Explination: The Four C'tan shall rise again together

Their leigons ascendant, Unstopable as the night

Explination: Their forces nearing the height of their power would be unstoppable, just like no one can stop it from becoming night.

A deadly shroud shall fall across the spirit

Explination: Everyone is screwed LOL had to get one in...

And the galaxy shall mourn

Explinaiton: Those that survive will mourn the dead?

"Victurus te Saluto!" (He who is about to win salutes you)

Offline Farseer Yisell

• Hello, I'm going to kill you!
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2002, 11:52:58 AM »
And the galaxy shall run red with the bold of eldanesh

Explination: The Eldanesh part still has me stumped, but the galaxy running red seems to imply that every race is threated by this.

Righty then, Eldanesh was a great eldar hero who fourght kaela mensha kaine in a great battle but got killed. And Eldanesh death made big eldar god angry and he made kaines hand drip for ever more with eldaneshes blood, hence the bloody handed god thing.
Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it depends on what you put into it.

http://pub40.ezboard.com/bthefuryofkaine

c'mon, click on the link, you know ya wanna!

Offline zephyrmage

• We are your screaming death.
« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2002, 10:16:34 AM »
arent the harlequins supposed to unite all the eldar in the final battle or whatever?

Offline Earyn Stormbringer

• Farseer of Biel-Tan
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2002, 04:34:48 PM »
On the Space Marines allying with the Necrons, I doubt that would ever happen.  They would probably see them as abberation etc.  Besides, the Space Marines would not ally with the Necrons as it would show that they are weak and Space Marines would never do that.  Rather, they would probably join the Eldar to fight the Necrons, and the Orks probably would too simply because it would be the roughest fight.  But the line of the prophecy: For the sons of Asuryan, few in number, cannot stand against them would imply that by themselves, they would not be able to beat the Necrons, but with help they could send them packing.
In war, there is only those who win and those who are dead.

Offline The Hive Custodian (Retired)

• Primojanitor Paragon
  • Ancient
  • Perfection Within; Perfection Without
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2002, 04:45:41 PM »
As for the first line:

"The Banshee's call will wake the dead, when dark portents wax night"

This is kind of a paradox, I think: a banshee's call generally kills, but here it has it raising the dead. Dark portent wax night: does this mean "when dire predictions bring hard times"? I think there is more to the first sentence than it seems.
Calculus is an art, but algebra is attrition.

Offline Seer Fox

• The Cause of Cancer, Chernobyl and Multiple Orgasms
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • No. I'm not keeping the girl.
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2002, 06:19:50 PM »
AHHHH!!!
OH MAN!! OH DAMN!!! WE ARE ALL DEAD MAN!!! WE CAN'T STOP THEM!NO-ONE CAN STOP THEM!!!! THERE ISN'T EVEN A GLIMMER OF HOPE LEFT AT THE END OF THE DAMN THING!!! Unless...something really cool happens, like Khaine gets put back together, or we ally with some other races...AND WE BETTER BECAUSE WE ARE GOING TO DIE!!! ALL OF US!!! AND IF MR. OUTSIDER COMES BACK AND THE FOUR START RULING THE GALAXY, I KNOW SOMETHING REALLY BAD WILL HAPPEN!!!AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well I'm not going to quote anything, so...I'll have to hunt down my old sig again.

How bothersome.

Offline Harlequin Solitaire

• Everyone is entitled to my opinion.
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2002, 05:46:52 AM »
Necrons? Pah! Just run a bit of electricity (Maybe an Ork Zapp Gun) through em and you've got yourself some crispy fried Necrons. It said in the White Dwarf index aliens (or sommat like that) that the Imperium is working on an electric Necron-whippin'-weapon. So theres your answer. ;D  
"An eye for an eye, and soon the whole world is blind" - Gandhi

• Farseer of Biel-Tan
« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2002, 10:31:17 AM »
Like we NEED that!  One word: Wraithcannon.  Two more words: D-Cannon.  One more word:Wraithlord.  Nuf said.

« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2002, 04:57:59 PM »
I said ELECTRICITY. It was just an idea. Sheesh ::)

• Primojanitor Paragon
  • Ancient
« Reply #33 on: July 22, 2002, 07:36:27 PM »
Electricity? Isn't that kinda... umm... crude?

Have they been reading the stuff on my computer? 'Cause I made up a weapon like that for my 'nids...

« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2002, 07:11:51 AM »
Mmmm... fried 'nid burger... Oh, you mean its FOR 'nids. ;D Is there a website with this weapons rules on? It sounds interesting. But anyway, Necrons are metal so elctricity would be super effective on 'em. Or you could just slip a floppy disk with Windows 95 on in their backs... that'd crash 'em quick. ;D

• Farseer of Biel-Tan
« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2002, 11:17:54 AM »
Wait, if Necrons run on electricity, then what would happen if we dropped them in Water?

• Primojanitor Paragon
  • Ancient
« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2002, 06:34:20 PM »

Mmmm... fried 'nid burger... Oh, you mean its FOR 'nids. ;D Is there a website with this weapons rules on? It sounds interesting. But anyway, Necrons are metal so elctricity would be super effective on 'em. Or you could just slip a floppy disk with Windows 95 on in their backs... that'd crash 'em quick. ;D

Against 'nids, for 'nids... generally I don't care much anymore... in any case, I'm writing up a supplement. All I need to do now is fix the mutation rules and add some fluff and it'll be ready for playtesting...

Anyway, my electricity weapon has the same effect as a Barbed Strangler. I think I'll have it shoot ball lightning...