News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Ripplers?  (Read 959 times)

Offline *Box*

• Master of the Cubes of Rolling
Ripplers?
« on: June 25, 2006, 05:35:40 PM »
My brother is a tyranid player and me and him were messing around with some bits when we came up with a cool Idea.

Using a few spare carnifex pieces and a spore mine he put together 3 creatures that we were going to use as rippers... But then had a better idea.

These 3 creatures became the first of Hive Fleet Rippler, a small splinter fleet trapped on a planet with radioactive waste abundant.

Hive Fleet Rippler will consist of all ripplers.Ripplers are caterpillar like creatures with hard armoured shells. There are 3 main type of ripplers.

1. Your Basic Rippler(Ripper)

2. Rippler Lord(Hive Tyrant)

3. Rippler Behemoth(Carnifex)

It will be completely fluffy and all converted.

So what do you think?

I'll post some pics of the ripplers as soon as I get a chance.
Back in business.

So how does 540+20D6 attacks grab you?

My Space Marines

Offline BFTrick

Re: Ripplers?
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2006, 05:41:10 PM »
How are you going to arm your hive tyrant and carnifex?  i would like to see a CC oriented carnifex in that army, it would look amazing and be fun to play with.  Same goes for the hive tyrant.

Offline Chuckles, The Space Marine Clown

• Can't Touch This; Captain; Swarmlord - Tyranid Sweatshop Operator; 40KO's Official WMD; "No American orphans, please"
  • Ancient
  • I kill, maim and torture because I care
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2006, 06:04:15 PM »
Are you aware of the existence of the Malanthrope? It's the latest ForgeWorld offering for the Tyranids, and it's basically a giant Ripper which can cause some serious pain if used correctly. Sounds like a possible substitute for the Tyrant.

Otherwise I'm a big fan of the idea and would love to see some more. I think it's worth bearing in mind that you can make rippers fast attack by giving them wings, might help make your list a little more flexible.

I really like the idea of lots of rippers as basic troops to bog down larger units and then Carnifex etc working as support to take the bigger stuff down. I'd love to hear how it plays as well.

Godspeed sir!
The forum rules are fair and just. *twitch*

Offline *Box*

• Master of the Cubes of Rolling
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2006, 10:37:28 AM »
Some updates about the ripplers. We've decided none should look alike all though they are sort of the same.

We also figured there should be no ranged weapons since the ripplers lived in isolated caves for along time and had no need for them, while most have long blades that were used for burrowing in the hard rock.

Back in business.

So how does 540+20D6 attacks grab you?

My Space Marines