News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: installing mods for dawn of war  (Read 591 times)

Offline nurgle5

installing mods for dawn of war
« on: May 10, 2006, 09:21:12 AM »
i'm having trouble with mods for dawn of war, they download fine but then i don't have the option of installing them or activating them at the game manager.
could anyone please help me!

Offline The OverLord

• I made the 40K Online logo and all I got was this crappy title
Re: installing mods for dawn of war
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2006, 06:04:33 AM »
OK, the first question I've got to ask is: have the got the Game Of The Year version of Dawn Of War? Because if you have ... that's your answer right there. In order to annoy everyone and be very helpful, Relic have patched that version of the game to Patch 1.4. Wow! That's very good, I hear you cry. Wrong! Because most of the Mods only run with Patch 1.3. Updating the Mods to accept Patch 1.4 has been apparently difficult - don't ask me why.

Therefore, the Game Of The Year version will not run 90% of the Mods and this is why they are not activating in the Game Manager. It took me a lot of time and effort to work this out myself, but that's the reason. If you want to play the Mods, then you'll have to buy the original version of the game, available through Ebay, and then install the patches to Patch 1.3, which will involve installing the patches one-by-one: ie: Patch 1.01 -> Patch 1.1, Patch 1.1 -> Patch 1.2, Patch 1.2 -> Patch 1.3, all available at www.dowfiles.com.

Of course, if this isn't the case, then you will have to provide more details before I can help you. Good luck!

- Rogue Trader (Hereticus Diabolus)
'I've never seen any GW employee turn away anyone who had money no matter how old they were.  If a baby could say "wraithlord" and had a fifty in his hand it would get a wraithlord.'
- Yuenglingdragon, April 21, 2007, 05:04:07 PM

'One might try to argue that, but then one would be wrong.'
- Hymirl, February 27, 2007, 03:27:30 PM

GW's current motto: "GW: We Don't Give A FAQ"
- Hymirl. October 13th, 2008, 07:53:18 PM

Offline nurgle5

Re: installing mods for dawn of war
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2006, 11:36:49 AM »
thanks, but unfortunatly i have dawn of war winter assault which automatically upgrades the game to 1.40,
thanks again.