News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: ...Only War (40K, Webcomic, Simplistic Style)  (Read 8720 times)

Offline Thunderer

• Slayer Brotherhood
Re: ...Only War (40K, Webcomic, Simplistic Style)
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2006, 09:53:54 PM »
Alright, this was off the cuff but inspired by my lack of a game earlier in the week... yeah I hate that but next weekend is games day and there will be alot of goofy stuff to do comics about...

Offline Balthraka

• Dracite
  • This is a lie
    • Betting on Monopoly
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2006, 10:35:02 PM »
SOOOO TRUE!!

I hate it when that happens.

KCB
COME SEE THE BIG LIST OF CHAOS ARMY LISTS FOR SOME TRIED AND TESTED LISTS USED BY FORUM MEMBERS

Offline wper34

• Echo! Echo! Echo! Colonel
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • What? ~nyo
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2006, 10:15:25 AM »
Ha ha! Oh, that is so true...

The only negative comment that I would say about these comics are: Please do not paint them! (Like what you did to number 3)

Basically, I think colours sort of ruin the style or a certain feeling from reading it in which black/white is more appropiate for your comics...

Sentinel Commander of 34th Neros Regiment
My Army Principle: 1. Quantity 2. Quality 3. Variety
Anime Mecha Vocaloid (And Neko) Lover ~nyo

Hymirl... I think you'd better start eating reading the rulebook. :P

Offline Thunderer

• Slayer Brotherhood
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2006, 03:59:17 PM »
@Khorne commander... yeah, my only two games of 40K since getting back into the "small battlefield" have been against nids... they tend to eat through my guys. 1st Game was with allied Sisters of Battle plus Inquisitor lord and Inquisitor (had to fill up some points), second game was straight mech guard... my 3rd game will be either armored company or grenadiers plus an armored fist unit.

Slowly getting there, I haven't even gotten into docrines besides the organization ones yet.

@wper34: The colored ones will be few and far between but I am trying to get them a tad more complicated/advanced. As it stands I need to increase my pixel count this one was only 100 pixels per inch which left a lot to be desired on the line quality and ability to do detail. but I appreciate the comments.

Offline Thunderer

• Slayer Brotherhood
« Reply #24 on: May 5, 2006, 06:40:47 PM »
Well Gents (any any 40K Ladies)... it is friday and the Emperor Commands that I continue to post... so here we go based on discussions at other places that like to discuss 40K and the infamous flashlights.

Additionally had my first battle against a non-Nid opponent. yes it was Guard... how did you guess... unfortunately I am currently W:0, L:2, T:1 so give me some help on tactics... well besides getting marines or other MEQ army.

Offline Thunderer

• Slayer Brotherhood
« Reply #25 on: May 5, 2006, 06:46:20 PM »
Corrected some text in the second cell...

Doh!

Offline Captain Leonidas

• Our Little Red Friend - Captain
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Sword of Santiago
« Reply #26 on: May 5, 2006, 10:10:14 PM »
Well you can come to the guard board to get some tactical advise. Love your terminator mode lasguns :P
Signature Pending Update :P

Offline wper34

• Lazerous Penguin
  • What? ~nyo
« Reply #27 on: May 6, 2006, 07:55:28 AM »
Hmm... I wonder what would the stats for lasguns on "Terminator Mode" be like. STR 5, AP -, Assault 4? ::)

And, LOL! The guns even have "Microwave" setting! ;D

Offline BladeWind

• Infinity Circuit, Iconic Wizard
  • ~BW~
« Reply #28 on: May 6, 2006, 08:01:19 AM »
And, LOL! The guns even have "Microwave" setting! ;D
Its multipurpose then eh? allows them to see in the dark AND cook their food upon other things ::) :P

I'll be keeping my eye on this thread!
« Last Edit: May 6, 2006, 08:02:36 AM by -=BladeWind=- »

Offline Thunderer

• Slayer Brotherhood
« Reply #29 on: May 6, 2006, 09:17:42 AM »
Well gentlemen I have to thank you for your nice comments and encouragement. I do try to get one out on Friday of each week. I have 2-3 more in the "thinking" stage.

I guess I should do a WIP one at some point. I normally just sit down and rip one out on the graphics tablet in Fireworks as I am still a novice at Photoshop 7 or what ever it is. I will say that Photoshop 7 has some great capabilities and I have downloaded a few tutorials on coloring with it but I have a severe lack of time management and a 9 year old that like to boot me from my computer to play her Night Elf character on World of Warcraft.

I definetly do need to learn to play my guard better because I suck and I have socked quite a bit of money into them ... so lets see what the current inverntory is 1 Exterminator, 1 Demolisher, 2-3 Russ, 1 sentinel, 4 assembled chimera, 2 Chimera in box, 3 plastic heavy bolters, 1 metal heavy bolter, 3 plastic las cannons, 1 metal lascannon (steel legion squad (Hardened Vets in my list)). Have 4-6 plasma gunners, 3-4 melta's, 7-12 grenade launcher guardsmen, 1 flamer guardsmen, enough infantry to field 2 mech platoons + 3 command squads or a command squad, 1 hardened vet squad (10 steel legion), 3 grenadier squads (plastic cadians plus kasarkin special weapons for the stormtrooper look), and drop command squad + 2 drop squads of plastic cadians.

But I guess I need to pull up my list and head over to the IG side and get some help.

If all goes well I might have another comic up later this weekend. Next weekend I will be at the Baltimore Games Day if all goes well.

Offline Bannedface666

• BANNED - Spammer: Forum Blathermouth | Archite
  • Artist for hire... Mostly banned :)
    • cubiclebattles
« Reply #30 on: May 7, 2006, 03:11:57 PM »
OMG... You are the perfect artist to capture the heart and soul of the guardsman!

I love how your characters interact with their "owners". Thats so awesome!

Offline Thunderer

• Slayer Brotherhood
« Reply #31 on: May 7, 2006, 04:47:17 PM »
Many thanks Intelectawe. I am still settling into the genre, characters and all but it will migratefrom time to time being a "we're guardsmen" comic to a "gaming sucks when this happens" comic to a "guardsmen vs gamers" comic. So no telling where we will be next week but I will say I have 2 of 4 cells done already on the next one... and the LT and Sarge play a semi-big part in the next one with Guardsman Bob being less in the spot light.

But thanks for reading and I'll be around...

Offline Thunderer

• Slayer Brotherhood
« Reply #32 on: May 7, 2006, 08:26:33 PM »
Look Ma... two in a week.

You all know you hate the pie plates... but you gotta love armored companies. More pie plates than you can shake a stick at. Mine is almost complete so I can alternate between it and my mech company.

Offline Bannedface666

• cubiclebattles
« Reply #33 on: May 7, 2006, 10:09:45 PM »
Another mother fruggin insra classic!

I hope sgt. Martyr is going to be a regular?

As a matter of fact, why don't you create a "mock" platoon, name the guys, and always use them in your strips.

This way, readers can identify with certain characters and become attached to your strip.

Offline Thunderer

• Slayer Brotherhood
« Reply #34 on: May 8, 2006, 07:17:46 AM »
Well there is a repeating crowd in the works:

LT B. (Butter) Bar: is the platoon leader
SGT Martyr is the squad leader for the 13th Squad AKA Meat Shields
Guardsman Bob (main character) part of 13th Squads Heavy Weapons section
Gunner Joe is the Heavy Bolter gunner

and I have 6 more in the works to round out the squad:

Plasma Gunner #6: well you don't want to know what happened to the first five. Needless to say in my first game with plasma gunners they all killed themselves in their first round of shooting

Ghun Bhunni: Female Guardsmen "Love those Grenades"

Proxied: Probably one of my dwarf warriors on a square base. Yeah I have tons of old dwarves and slayers. I run Slayer Brotherhood Forum as well so it might turn out to be a troll slayer.

And a few more.

Additionally, my daughter has a budding crew of sisters of battle plus we have what is left from the battle of MacCragg set rolling around the house. A few nids here and there plus a squad of marines. So we might see some forces of the inquistion plus the 'rines show up from time to time.

Offline Bannedface666

• cubiclebattles
« Reply #35 on: May 8, 2006, 11:31:50 AM »
oh wow!!

I just laughed hard just reading those names!!!

I can;t wait to see more of your stuff!

Offline Thunderer

• Slayer Brotherhood
« Reply #36 on: May 8, 2006, 02:26:33 PM »
Slight correction... Doh! Spelling in 1st cell, Fireworks doesn't have a spellcheck that i have found so far.

Offline wper34

• Lazerous Penguin
  • What? ~nyo
« Reply #37 on: May 11, 2006, 11:51:15 PM »
Armoured Company commander: You will love my pie plates of Doom!

Additionally, my daughter has a budding crew of sisters of battle plus we have what is left from the battle of MacCragg set rolling around the house. A few nids here and there plus a squad of marines. So we might see some forces of the inquistion plus the 'rines show up from time to time.

So... Are you gonna include them in your comics?

Offline Thunderer

• Slayer Brotherhood
« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2006, 06:29:35 AM »
Oh we will definetly have some sisters. Nothing says sex appeal in 40K like sisters, repentia, and arco flagellants... but this isn't the thread about what turns you on... wink wink.

Today should be adding a new member to the squad. So be watching later for the new "redshirt" for you trekkies out there. I have been inspired about some funny game experience from some of my troops. Its a toss up of using my Demolisher story of my "red shirt" experiences.