News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 1,500 Daemonhunters  (Read 870 times)

Offline Cryonicleech

• WAAGH!
1,500 Daemonhunters
« on: May 28, 2009, 12:25:25 AM »
Inquisitor Lord
Power Weapon
Artificer Armor
Icon of the Just

x3 Combat Servitors

x3 Acolytes
x2 Artificer Armor
1 Power Armor

Elites
5 Grey Knights
Brother Captain

Troops

10 Inquisitorial Stormtroopers
Meltagun
Plasma Gun

10 Inquisitorial Stormtroopers
Meltagun
Plasma Gun

6 Grey Knights
Justicar
Chimera
Multi-Laser
Heavy Bolter

Heavy Support
Land Raider

Dreadnought
Lascannon

Dreadnought
Lascannon

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
Re: 1,500 Daemonhunters
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2009, 12:44:34 AM »
I am sorry to say, that a largish portion of the army is illegal. You cannot take GK landraiders or Dreads without a Greyknight HQ choice.Also, GreyKnights cannot take transports, as they have no option to do so.

Besides that, Inquisitors are quite terrible in close combat. Low S and T means that they will not be able to dish out much hurt, and will suffer a lot of wounds. They are very easy to instant kill as well. Plus, they suck up a lot of points.

If you really want to go melee, then you need to take a thunder/daemon hammer. That way, you will wound on a 2+ against most things out there. You'll strike last, but it's well worth it in order to actually have a guaranteed chance to wound things.

Storm troopers are fine, but they are stuck in the open and will be quite vulnerable. May be worth while to find a way to give them transports. Sticking to same weapons in each squad will be a reassurance as well. Two meltaguns have a much better chance on killing a tank then one, for example.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline Cryonicleech

• WAAGH!
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2009, 01:35:02 AM »
Hmmm....

I'm thinking I'll just replace the Inq. Lord with a Grand Master. He's cheaper than my combined Retinue and If I really wanted him in there I could give him 3 HB servitors.

Transports for the Stormtroopers, I guess....

Thanks for the notice, squid.

P.S. Where the devil is that rule stating I need a Grey Knight HQ choice. It might be my horrid eyesight but darn it I cannot find it in my Codex......

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2009, 08:58:42 AM »

P.S. Where the devil is that rule stating I need a Grey Knight HQ choice. It might be my horrid eyesight but darn it I cannot find it in my Codex......

Top left corner of page 32.

Grandmaster is quite good, just be careful to keep him cheap. Expensive as he is and you don't want him to suck up too many points.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline Cryonicleech

• WAAGH!
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2009, 01:16:22 PM »
Thanks for pointing that out, Squid.

Offline High Grandmaster smithmyster666 of the Grey Knights

• Strike from the skies brothers!!!
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2009, 08:17:08 PM »
well what about that whole transports page inbetween troops and heavy support
i figured you could buy them from there for your squads or is it just another pointless summary fro the noobs of the world?
From the skies we rain, as the emperors fist we strike against our foes, until all blood be it alien, heretic or mutant is spilled. we will not rest until the galaxy is cleansed free of these monstrosities and we hold these worlds in the name of humanity and its immortal emperor.

Offline Galadhar

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2009, 08:17:32 PM »
Well... It is a summary.

What transports people can and can't buy is listed in their unit entry ('storm troopers may have' kind of stuff). The transport section is just the place where you find the rules for these vehicles and also the rule about daemon hunters and sharing transports (which overides the rulebook).

@ Cryonicleech : I know, I had the codex for ages before I noticed that rule.

Offline Amaya

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #7 on: June 1, 2009, 01:30:59 AM »
You can take a standard LR as transport for your Inquisitor.