News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Battler Sisters Orders  (Read 773 times)

Offline The Bladewind

• Lord of The Thousand Blades
Battler Sisters Orders
« on: April 12, 2003, 04:35:04 AM »
Hey All,
I was wondering if there are any offical orders for Sisters of Battle, like the Space Marines have? Or do you just have to fluff it up and create your own?
I guess if they ever bring out an official Battle Sisters codex there might be some in there huh?

Many Thanks,
The Bladewind.
Silk
The Bladewind

Offline Karl Eller

• OMG Laserguns!, Colonel-Commissar
  • Ancient
  • This is madness?! THIS IS LINUX!!!
Re:Battler Sisters Orders
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2003, 05:30:52 AM »
well, there are 6 main, official GW Sisters of Battle Orders. They are :
Order of the Sacred Rose
Order of the Bloody Rose
Order of Our Martyred Lady
Order of the Valorous Hearts
Order of the Ebon Chalice
and
Order of the Argent Shroud

Most people just make up their own order (well, nearly everyone on this board), as it is fun to creat fluff, and you can use your own color schemes.

If they ever do bring out a SoB only codex, they might have special rules for the different orders, but I doubt it.
"Explain how bad this turbulence will be"
"Oh god! Oh god! We're going to die"
"*over the intercom* Uh, this is your captain speaking, we're going to experience a few minor bumps, then uh... crash!"

Offline Bryndon

• Denizen of War3.com
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2003, 07:58:48 AM »
If they get special order rules, They should have:

1)A Reds army (Like Raven Guard - "Lost huge amounts of warriors, needed more.  Instead of the whole bio-genetic thing, they went in for more Redemptionists.  May field an additional compulsory troops choice of Reds)

2)A "Heavy" army - Extra flamer or melta in a squad (costs slightly more points)

3)"Faith" army - extra acts of faith, misses out on something (probably reds, who aren't considered pure of heart).

4)"Traitor" army - work closely with Adeptus Astartes and receive additional weaponry from them.  May take one tank or walker from Codex.  Do not benefit from "Light of the Emperor" act of faith (or something else suitable) due to the distrust many of the sisters feel towards this order.

5) Commando army - Sisters working with Preachers to keep control of worlds under attack from cultists.  Lose out on armor and tanks, but are fearless and something or other.  Just imagine Sisters reduced to leather armor and ancient bolters... might be a cool army list.

6)Seraphim army - my god, we'd never live this down.  Its right up there with Callidus, Vindicare, Necron Monolith and C'tan armies with all the powers of a SMurf.  Oh well... best increase the cost by about a point to make it fluff-acceptable, right?

Well, thats my suggestion for the six orders (I know its off topic).  Have fun talking about it or something.  :)
Registered Denizen of war3.com
Hail Blizzard!  Hail Games Workshop!

Offline Ranger Astheria

• Formerly 'Ranger of Alaitoc'
  • Ancient
  • Holding onto a thread of hope...
    • Realm of Runes
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2003, 09:36:14 AM »
Unfortunately, none of those would probably make it through print as if they did release supplement rules for the sisters it would probably focus on the six orders that GW has released which are mentioned previously.  However noone is stopping anyone from making trial rules that are only legal in casual games.

Click my banner to visit Realm of Runes for all your WFB needs!