News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Tree Mission For a Campaign  (Read 509 times)

Offline dark-reaper109

• Beware of Evil Plot Bunnies!!
Tree Mission For a Campaign
« on: May 2, 2005, 08:34:56 PM »
Well this is a mission that I made up (or made a variation of). ::) This will be the second mission in the Campaign. The first is for the attacker to gain a foot hold on the planet. This is designed to lower the morale of the defenders guarding the planet. Ok here it is.

Mission: Retrieve and Retreat

Special Rules
Deep Strike (both)
Infiltrators (both)
Sustained Assault (Attacker)
Reserves (both)
Sentries (defender)

Overview
1. Roll To See Who Chooses Deployment Zone
The Deployment zones will be an entire table edge (the two longer sides).
You may deploy up to twelve inches from the table edge.

2. Infiltators
If each side has at least one squad of infiltrators roll a D6 to see who may infiltrate first.
Infiltrators follow the infiltrator rules designated in the rulebook (of course).

3. Choosing Attacker and Defender
Each side rolls a D6. The player with the highest roll decides if he wants to be the
attacker or defender.

4. Deployment
Each ssperson (if there is more than 2) rolls a single dice. The player with the
highest roll decides the order that the group deploys in (again if there is more than
2 people.)
If there is only two people follow the same order accept with only two people.
Also the defender must deploy the sentries at least 6 inches from his main line.

5. Roll to See Who Goes First
Roll a D6 to see which side gets first turn.

Objective's
Attacker or "Retriever"
The attackers job is to take a precious artifact (or anything else that is laying around)
from the opposing side. After they take the artifact they must escape with it by
running off their friendly table edge. If the model carrying the object is part of a squad
it scatters a D6 inches away from the squad as the model has topled over or thrown
it into the air due to death spasms. If an independent character has it and is killed
when he is out of a squad the artifact is set next to the corpse for anyone to pick up.
If a vehicle is destroyed that is transporting the holder then the artifact scatters D6
inches away from any entrance to the vehicle. The carrier should be designated
by a token or something like that. An empty vehicle may not pick up the artifact.

Defender
The defenders job is to do just that Defend The Artifact! If the artifact is within six
inches of where it was set from the beginning of the battle then no defending model
may take it. If attackers carrier is killed more than six inches away then a defending
model may pick it up, if they do this they must immediatly bring it back to the place
where it began. Models have to move everyother turn as they know the artifact is in
the open and do not want to jepardize the mission. No defending vehicle may be
within 6 inches of the artifact.
Note: The defenders may not move until the sentries have alerted them. However as an exception they may fire at any
enemy unit that gets within 6 inches of the artifact without the sentries seing them, they do this because the artifact is very
preciuous and they will do anything to keep it safe. And as a last note if the artifact is stolen then the defenders are
alerted and may move and shoot as normal.

Notes
The game last's six turns.
Battle Points
Attacker
-1 if using sustained assault
+1 for every destroyed defender squad
+1 for every  broken a defender squad at the end of the game.
+2 for retrieveing artifact
-3 if the artifact is not retrieved
+1 if a friendly model is holding it in the end of the game.

Defender
+1 for every destroyed attacker squad
+1 for every broken attacker squad at the end of the game.
-3 if the artifact is taken by the attacker
+2 if not taken
+1 if a friendly model is holding it  at the end of the game.

The player with the most battle points wins.

I think it could use some minor changes other wise opinions are welcome.
-reaper
98% of the teen population has smoked weed, if you are the 2% that hasn't, put this in your signature.

Offline OD from TV

• Ork Warlord | Title of Doom status: pending | KoN Veteran
  • Lazerous Penguin
    • OD's Project Blog
Re: Tree Mission For a Campaign
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2005, 01:36:18 AM »
I rather like the way that this mission was put together.  I'm gonna try it out tommarow and I'll let you know how it goes.
Truly beautiful work. That's the kind of stuff that makes a true mekanik cry tears of joy.
OD, you once again prove that your are still the freakin Da Vinci of plasticard

Offline dark-reaper109

• Beware of Evil Plot Bunnies!!
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2005, 04:09:44 PM »
Cool. Thanks :) I haven't gotten to test it yet. Just haven't been to the hobby store lately, I do plan on playing this sunday though.
98% of the teen population has smoked weed, if you are the 2% that hasn't, put this in your signature.

Offline ArchonCryx

• Dracon Author of long replies
  • Ancient
  • Dracon: Kabal of the Bloodied Claw of Despair
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2005, 08:41:47 AM »
WIth ypour battle points - if i successfully retrieved the artifact, and brought it to my board edge, wouldnt I be entitled to both the retrieve artifact bonus (+2) AND the +1 if a friendly model is holding it in the end of the game for a total of +3? The wording isnt clear on this.

Looks rather interesting although I feel that the defenders'  army should activate if enemy comes within 6" of artifact, rather than this middle Can shoot, can't move thing. Keep it as simple as possible, most amers I know will miss details if there is a lot of them, and Im not sure it makes a big difference to your game.

ANyway, it looks like fun. Maybe Ill try it someday...
"As a rule of thumb, the designers do not hide "easter eggs" in the rules. If clever reading is required to unlock some sort of hidden option, then it is most likely just a result of wishful thinking." Pete Haines   ;)

Lords of Terra (Open) +High Lords (invitational)- Sydney July 24-25 2012, 1750pts, check lordsofterra.com