News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Tourney Reports - Dark Eldar vs. Marines - Intro and Round 1  (Read 735 times)

Offline Cyrik

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
My Army List - 1,500 points
Archon w/Agoniser, Splinter Pistol, Shadow Field, Combat Drugs
5 Incubi, 4 Warriors on Raider with Disintegrator

10 Raider Squad: 1 Blaster, 1 Splinter Cannon, Sybarite w/SPis/CCW and WWP
10 Warriors, 2 DLs
10 Warriors, 2 DLs, Sybarite w/SR and Nightmare Doll
20 Warriors, 2 Splinter Cannons, 1 Blaster, 1 Sybarite w/SPis/CCW and WWP
10 Wyches, Wych Weapons, Succubus w/Agoniser/SPis
9 Wyches, Wych Weapons, Succubus w/Agoniser/SPis
5 Warp Beasts and Beast Master
1 Talos

First Round- Patrol vs. Marines (Techs-HQ, Dreads-Elite/Heavy, 0-1 Fast Attack)
I forced a reroll w/Nightmare Doll to win table side selection.  (Saved the wound too!)

First Turn
He deployed Scouts, I deployed 20 Warriors.  He got first turn.  Scouts did nothing, no range or LOS.

I moved 6, Fleeted 4, remained behind cover (from Scouts).

Second Turn
He brought in, one Tact Squad in Rhino, and 2 Dreads (one Ven.), and 10 Man Assault Squad with Lib (from hell, more on that later).  Both Dreads moved up 6”, Rhino moved 4”, Assault moved 12”.  Scouts still did nothing, no LOS.  Ven Dread fired TLLC and SB at Warriors, a couple died.

I moved on both 10 man Warrior Squads (2DLs each), and fleeted one into cover, and the other one forward more… trying to get into cover, but I rolled bad.  Also, a Raider Squad flew on 12”.  Big Warrior squad moved 6” and fleeted again (about half way up the table, and right beside some cover, with a couple models sticking out the side).  HQ on Raider, Wych Squad, and Talos made reserve rolls, awaiting the WWP.  Warriors fired on Scouts in cover with 2 SCs, 1 casualty.  The Raider Squad fired its Dissie at the Assault Squad 4 and 3 (out of 4) partials, nice!!!  Killed Six Assault Marines!  They made their break test.

Third Turn
He brought on a Tech Marine full harness w/4 Combat Serv. and Pred w/3LCs.  They moved on the board like 3”.  Assault Marines moved 12”, Dreads moved 6”, Rhino still did nothing (I’m confused, but ok).  Scouts fired at a couple Warriors, and wounded one… I saved, woohoo!.  Dreads both fired (ouch), 1 TLLC, 2 SB, and an Assault Cannon.  I only lost 3 Warriors, acceptable… no break test!  The Pred blew up the Raider, and NINE (out of 10) warriors were wounded and entangled disembarking (3 saved).  Leaving that squad at 1 Syb, 1 SC, 1 Blaster, and 1 SR.

I rolled my reserve rolls and another Wych squad, and a Warp Beast Squad are coming in (wow, everything ready on turn 3!).  Warriors in cover fired 2 DLs at the Reg Dread and destroyed it.  Other Warriors moved into their firing position in cover.  Raider Squad did nothing (for the rest of the game).  Big Warriors Squad opened the WWP.

Fourth turn
His last Rhino squad failed reserve roll again, nice.  Assault squad and Ven Dread moved up.  Dread fired at the warrior squad and killed a couple.  Pred also fired and killed 1 Warrior.  (I managed to avoid a break test (by one model, again).  Scouts had no target.  Ven Dread and Assault Squad charged the big Warrior squad (oh well, they did their job already).  The Librarian and the Dread killed a pile of warriors (I don’t remember how many).  I do remember making my break test (at -3)!

Everything came out of the WWP.  Wyches with +1 Str, Talos, and Warp Beasts moved to charge the Assault Squad and the Ven Dread.  The HQ (disembarking from Raider after moving 12”) and the other Wyches with Strikes first, moved to charge the Scouts in cover.  The 4 DLs got crew shaken on both the Rhino, and the Pred… did nothing, extra armour.  Dissie missed the Scouts.  Fleeted with Wyches moving towards Scouts, rolled a ONE.  Assaulting… the Archon and friends assault the Scouts in cover, barely making the difficult terrain roll.  Wyches failed to assault Scouts on difficult terrain roll.  Wyches, Talos, and Warp Beasts all assault the Assault Marines and Ven Dread.  Scouts die a horrible death to the Archon, I massacre forward 4”, still in cover.  Wych Succubus and Talos knock the Ven Dreads CCW off (after he made me reroll the destroyed result).  The Wyches and Warp Beasts do a good number on the Assault Marines, killing all of them (well, there were only 4 )… leaving the Librarian, who killed one Wych in return.  I win combat, Librarian passes test, one glance on Dread (outnumbering) does nothing.

Fifth Turn
His last Rhino finally moves on.  Techie moves forward and fires a Heavy Flamer at the HQ Retinue… ouch, no cover saves, 3 Incubi are wounded (majority), they ALL save.  Pred drops the HQ Raider.  Tech assaults the HQ (not sure what he was thinking).  Archon inflicts 5 wounds, reroll misses, plus 1 attack.  Servs all dead, Techie takes a wound (but has more).  He manages to kill 2 Incubi on the return.  He fails break test and gets cut to bits, massacre forward out of the cover (towards the 2 Rhinos).  Other Wych squad is chillin’, there’s really nothing left to do.  Talos kills the Ven Dread (rolled Destroyed on Glance, and rerolled Destroyed again).  The Wyches inflict several wounds but the Librarian saves them all.  Librarian kills a couple more Wyches.  I pass my break test again.  Talos piles in.

Archon/Retinue charge one of the Rhino (blocking 2 access points, and the other Rhino is blocking the third one).  I inflict several Glances with Archon and Incubi (rear), but only manage to Immobilize.  2 DLs at the other Rhino, and I only get Shaken results.  The Talos and Wyches manage to actually wound the Librarian (Lord) once with all of their attacks.  Stupid Artificer Armour, Iron Halo, Bionics, Veil of Time!!!!  Librarian kills a couple of Wyches, I pass my break test… Why, oh why, can I not win a combat and outnumber like 10 to 1.

Sixth Turn
The Squads in the Rhinos take pot shots at Archon/Retinue, 2 Plasma Pistols, 1 Plasma Gun, and 1 Krak Missile.  Most hit, only one wounds… a Warrior takes it (majority).  Librarian holds off the Wyches/Talos again, and takes only one wound, while inflicting two.  I pass my break test… again!  My god, Veil of Time is annoying!

The Archon/Retinue destroyed the Storm bolter off the Rhino (why didn’t he move the other Rhino… I don’t know).  2DLs at the other Rhino, fail to do anything useful.  The Talos and Wyches finally kill the stupid Librarian, by actually killing him through wounding… I can’t believe that I couldn’t make him fall back, oh well.  Game Ends, he has nothing left, but two Rhino (one immobilized, 5 Tacts inside each).  Both my Raiders got downed, the Raider squad was 50/50… everything else in tact.  VPs: I scored about 1,200 and he scored about 300.