News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: A question about Eldar gods  (Read 4344 times)

Offline TokathMarg

• The Scorpion of Death
A question about Eldar gods
« on: February 5, 2002, 11:58:52 AM »
Is there any eldar god of slaughter or murder. In Warhammer, we got Khaine, but in 40K he seems to be the patron deity of Craftworld Eldar, so I am wondering if there is another deity that represents the "evil" traits of Eldar...
"United we stand; divided we fall; together we are One"

Since everyone seems to make such nice "Win Draw Losses" statistics in their signature, I think I'll do that as well...these stats, for some reason, do not include all the games I played earlier and can't remember the outcome of (nor do they include those I can remember the outcome of, as this would mean a bit high score on the win side)

Wins     Draws     Losses
  1             1             1

Offline BoyProdigy

• Pirate Prince
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Still rocking your world!
Re:A question about Eldar gods
« Reply #1 on: February 5, 2002, 07:28:35 PM »
that 1 that eats the souls u now whats her face  ;)

Offline Krathen Astreyk

• I wish I could make my eye's glow in the shadows.
« Reply #2 on: February 5, 2002, 07:45:47 PM »
Khaine is both lord of war and of murder he is personified in both good and bad... all other eldar gods besides Ynead (already dead) and The high Avatar the laughing god are dead so no there are no other gods.... slaneesh... is the maw and even dark eldar hate her.
Maybe if I hold really still in my cammo the bloodthirster won't eat me when I shoot it through the skull.....
-last thought of Deak the unlucky Eldar Ranger

Offline Farseer_Strider

• High Farseer of Ulthwé
    • i contain walnuts
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Eldar, Necrons
« Reply #3 on: February 5, 2002, 08:55:24 PM »
so the only living god is  Khaine?
meh

back from hell 03/30/03

Offline Tobab816

• Chaos Warmaster, Promoter of Deathball!
« Reply #4 on: February 5, 2002, 09:03:45 PM »
The Laughing god is very much alive. He is the patron god of the Harlequins.
And Ynnead isn't dead. He is just not alive yet. He is called god of the dead since he will be created from the souls of all eldar stored within the infinity circuit.
Deathball, the new game of bloody basketball, 40k style!

+++Excerpt from Last Chaos/Space marine game, commentator: Inquisitor Khalheed "The Purgator" Qhor, Ex-Deathball player+++

Chaos vs Space Marine grudgematch today ended 23-19 when Brother Grazieel decimated the chaos team with a heavy bolter.

Afterwards the Chaos Coach Zhuriel the Damned stated "If we weren't ideologically in favor of cheating we'd complain about this""
+++End of transmission+++

Offline McDiz

• I don't like Linkin Park anymore. :[
« Reply #5 on: February 5, 2002, 09:06:51 PM »
Maugan Ra is the Harfester of souls.....that might count as killing. ;D

[shadow=red,left,300]PaPaNaRf[/shadow]
Flash that buttery gold, jittery zeitgeist
Wither by the watering hole, water patrol
What are we, a heart huckabee, art beslubberery suddenly?
Not enough young in his lung for the water wings?

Offline Thinbalion

« Reply #6 on: February 5, 2002, 09:35:26 PM »
Yeah he might if he was a god, but he isn't. He is a Phoenix Lord. Phoenix Lords are not gods.

Offline BoyProdigy

• Pirate Prince
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #7 on: February 5, 2002, 09:40:40 PM »
isn't khaine dead he just is worshiped and is made into avatars.

Offline Morsla

• WAU Exodite
« Reply #8 on: February 5, 2002, 09:57:55 PM »
Slaanesh defeated Khaine, but was not strong enough to destroy him. Shard of the Bloody-handed God were scattered across the glaxy, and came to rest in the core of each Eldar craftworld - where they can be awakened for war in the form of Avatars.
In the Grim Darkness of the Forty First Millenium,
there will always be more painting to do...

Cheantoa

« Reply #9 on: February 6, 2002, 02:21:58 AM »
OK I think you peoples need some staightening out.

originally there were a bunch of gods, Asuryan being the formost. Sadly, all of them were weakened in the war khaine waged against the rest, so when slaanesh (the embodiement of all bad qualities of Eldar) waoke up, she (yes slaanesh IS a she it states it in the Eldar codex) kills all of them 'cept khaine & Cregorach. Khaine (for a change) protects the Eldar stopping she who thirsts (for some reason people keep refering to her as he-who-must-not-be-named, that was Voldemort from hairy potter series)  but is splintered into tiny pieces which grow into avatars. Cregorach ran away & hid. So there are 2 still alive. 1 in fragments, and one in hiding in the webway.

Ynnead:
As far as I can tell, Ynnead is formed of the souls of all Eldar,y'know Exodite world spirits craftworld infinity circuits, Harly souls... yep you get it. Anywho when Rhana Dandra happens, to my understanding Ynnead is still asleep. The pheonix lords lay down their lives to stop chaos, and as Fuegan (the last one) dies, his soul completes Ynnead. Then Ynnead wakes up. You thought Slaanesh was bad. Wait till you see what Ynnead does. So much for Slaanesh. (from here on this is my own telepathic futurscrying abilities)So anyway, some serious chaos but whippin ensues. So chaos is gone. Then some corrupted marine guy goes and starts being evil. he recruits evil marines and stuff happens- the cycle goes again. he restarts Chaos, gets them deamons back y'know the works. so it happens again. by my logic this should be around 7th edition. Anyway, now you are enlightened. Don't question the prophesies.

Offline Krathen Astreyk

« Reply #10 on: February 6, 2002, 07:45:28 AM »
Ynead can't die... cause he's made from the dead he's the good version of slaneesh
Maybe if I hold really still in my cammo the bloodthirster won't eat me when I shoot it through the skull.....

Offline BoyProdigy

• Pirate Prince
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #11 on: February 6, 2002, 08:35:12 AM »
Ynead = good dead

slaneesh = bad dead

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
  • Lost Roads are now found!
    • 40kOnline
  • Armies: Squats
« Reply #12 on: February 6, 2002, 09:01:55 AM »
Ynnead is not yet fully "formed" but is Fueled by all the Eldar souls in the Infinity Circuits everywhere. there were rumour of a "merging" in RT, where all Craftworlds and Maiden-worlds were to link up, and the collective spirit formed within could power the awakening of Ynnead. When that happens, Slaanesh had better be prepared...

Lost Roads - finally released!

YouTube-clip of my Squat army.

Offline Krathen Astreyk

« Reply #13 on: February 6, 2002, 09:26:09 AM »
Kill maim slaughter!

Offline TokathMarg

• The Scorpion of Death
« Reply #14 on: February 6, 2002, 09:27:16 AM »
Thanks for the feedback. The part about Khorne helping Khaine was especially interesting.

The reason I asked was because I needed a deity for my Wyches to worship. Now, Khaine isn't really possible, then, since he is fragmented (or, maybe, an aspect of his somehow managed to escape in whole? Some evil aspect. Who knows?), so it would have to be an aspcet of Khorne, or some other, unknown deity (certainly not Slannesh).

Oh, for the (work-in-progress) history of my cult and Kabal, look at the "kabal of the Black Skull"-post

Since everyone seems to make such nice "Win Draw Losses" statistics in their signature, I think I'll do that as well...these stats, for some reason, do not include all the games I played earlier and can't remember the outcome of (nor do they include those I can remember the outcome of, as this would mean a bit high score on the win side)

Offline doppelganger

« Reply #15 on: February 6, 2002, 06:01:20 PM »
Khaine has many many aspects. The aspect warriors embody some of them. It's quite possible for wyches to worship an aspect of Khaine too. He has a long history of violent, psychotic behavior, perfect for wyches. The new rules for wyches actually do make them seem rather like a new aspect warrior type anyway, so stick with Khaine.
And I shall not be dark, but beautiful and terrible as the Morning and the Night!

Offline TokathMarg

• The Scorpion of Death
« Reply #16 on: February 6, 2002, 06:40:58 PM »
Well, then that will be their secret. Oh, and since it is my wych cult who worships Khaine, that would almost make DorchSuith a Phoenix Lord...well, she is the founder of this new "aspect" (since there is nothing that points towards other wyches worshipping Khaine, I mean...)

So, my wyches will worship a particulary violent aspect of Khaine. It is settled. I think...

Cheantoa

« Reply #17 on: February 7, 2002, 04:27:12 AM »
Do wyches worship someone? ya I spose khaine would do...

Offline TokathMarg

• The Scorpion of Death
« Reply #18 on: February 7, 2002, 04:01:10 PM »
my wyches do...

As I said, read the "Kabal of the Black Skull" thread to get a bit more of info...
http://www.eldaronline.com/community/index.php?board=7;action=display;threadid=763

Offline TheMightyPikachu

• Pi-Ka-Chu!
  • Ancient
  • The Mightiest
« Reply #19 on: February 7, 2002, 06:02:45 PM »
2 promotions in just one post? hmm....
well Khaine would work, u could even put the caudron of blood on their raider
www.andylc.deviantart.com
did you know I can draw?