News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: wraithguard vs me HQ(bad bad bad)  (Read 702 times)

Offline -|ArAzAeL|-

• oRaNgE oRrAcLe=mInE
wraithguard vs me HQ(bad bad bad)
« on: July 14, 2004, 05:29:31 PM »
Ok so I had finally got my Lord into cc with 6 wraithguards and a warlock with my lord and 6 incubi.  I lost 3 incubi and then i got 2 wraithguard and then i lost all except one incubi and only managed to destroy one more wraithguard and the warlock.  unfortunatley, i had to go or else i think I could have destroyed the remaining with my lord. 
           Then only thing I am concerend about is how I am going to defeat them in the future.  When I was playing, I had to get 6's to wound because the incubi's strength is 3 and wraithguards are 5 so that means i need 6's to hit.  Do you guys know any tactics that could help me in the future t destroy wraithguard?
OrRaClE aUtOcOcKeR -
JT PrOtEuS II MaSk-
ViEwLoAdEr EvLuTiOn II- Pb HoPpEr-
Dye, SmArT pArTs, or wOrRgAmEs NiTrO-

Offline Lomendil

• Mad Prophet of Commorragh
  • Ancient
  • If it's comprehensible, it's obselete
Re: wraithguard vs me HQ(bad bad bad)
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2004, 11:36:50 PM »
Check your Codex, you aren't right about the Strength of Incubi attacks. You don't need 6's to hit them either.

In any case, a Lord with an Agonizer will cut them to shreds because the Wraithlord's high toughness makes no difference.

Offline Aesir Yggdrasil

• The Twisted Haemonculus
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Serious as a hemophiliac in a razor blade factory.
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2004, 01:45:13 PM »
I always feild my Archon with agoniser and pistol (One of the few who does, I think. From the sounds of things most people like the punisher better), so T isn't an issue. As it happens, I also play Iyanden, and know that wraithgaurd will always be hit by incubi on a 4+ and hit Incubi on a 4+ if they have a Warlock with enhance. And you might want to check what those oh so spiffy punishers do for your incubi other than being a power weapon...
People ask how come I play such a twisted army. I reply that I have the heart of a young boy; in a jar right next to his brain.

Now with Extra Lung!

Offline -|ArAzAeL|-

• oRaNgE oRrAcLe=mInE
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2004, 08:06:34 PM »
Even in cc?  Cant you not use your aginiser in cc?
OrRaClE aUtOcOcKeR -
JT PrOtEuS II MaSk-

Offline shadydentist

• The ONLY stickman in these parts.
    • Tyranid Quarantine Zone
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2004, 08:34:52 PM »
6 wraithguard and 1 warlock vs lord + 6 incubi (assume dracon, shadowfield, agonizer, sp, the works)

1.3333 dead from agonizer, 4.5 dead from incubi
sole wraithguard hits back, .111111 incubi dead, warlock hits back (assume witchblade + sp), .2222 incubi dead.

Either you had terrible luck or your opponent was leading you on.

(a agonizer IS a ccw.  Sorry, but it needed to be asked- do you have a codex?)
« Last Edit: July 15, 2004, 08:37:23 PM by shadydentist »
The only way to kill a zombie is by piercing its brain.

Offline Tegadil

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2004, 08:37:31 PM »
Agonisers are close combat ONLY. While you can opt not to use em in close combat, they can't be used for shooting at all.

Offline Mr.Peanut (Turtleproof)

• Ride Like Lightning, Crash Like Thunder | Infinity Circuit | Pork Sword of Mod-Justice | Took the basket, nuts and lol | Good grief, ye hennie pennies
  • Ancient
  • Turtleposting At The Speed Of SHift
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Eldar, Sigmarines, Chaos, Demons
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2004, 01:16:04 AM »
The Archon with Agonizer is the generic outfit.  The Punisher + Combat Drugs is simply better at butchering infantry of all types, but I think most tournament players use the smarter Agonizer (a Lord equipped thusly can take out just about anything, including Wraithlords and such, not just Marines and Guardsmen). 

Anyway, your Retinue should have plowed through the Wraithgaurd with ease.  The sad truth is that they're a bit of a joke sometimes.  For their meager abilities, you should have been almost even as far as points go. 
You are
What you do
When it counts
     -The Masao
"Getting what you want can be dangerous.

Offline syth773

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2004, 10:43:45 AM »
-|ArAzAeL|-, go over your codex carefully because i think you must not have read it carefully.  5 incubi on the charge get 15 S4 power weapon attacks that almost always hit on 3+ (unless the wraithguard had enhance).  a lord with an agonisor and the proper equipment can get 6 attacks on the charge, hittin on 3+, wounding on 4+ and ignoring armor, he should have wiped out those wraithguard singlehandedly in 1-2 turns.

and i am not sure why you think the agonisor can't be used in CC but you really should go over your codex because there are probably some other things you are missing as well.

Offline -|ArAzAeL|-

• oRaNgE oRrAcLe=mInE
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2004, 12:33:01 PM »
Yeah I just realized my mistake.  I figured everything out these past days and I know everything.  Thanks for your help.  And i do hafve a codex.
OrRaClE aUtOcOcKeR -
JT PrOtEuS II MaSk-