News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Movin up to 2,000  (Read 310 times)

Archon Vijayle

Movin up to 2,000
« on: August 25, 2003, 07:49:11 PM »
I don't mean to brag, but after 27 wins in a row with my 1500 point army I realised maybe now would be a good time to move into the big leagues. So without futher ado, here's my experimental, soul seeker free army list at 2K.

HQ
Archon Kijayle
Power Weapon, Jetbike, Combat Drugs, Shadow Field, Tormentor Helm, Plasma Grenades.
167 points

Dracon Ves'Kelthar
Agoniser, Combat Drugs, Plasma Grenades, gruesome talisman, Splinter Pistol.
85 points

Dracon Ves'Kelthar's Retinue
9 Warriors with two splinter cannons aboard a Raider protected with a Night Shield.
167 points

Troop
Kabal of the Deepest Despair ground forces
3 Squads of 10 warriors with 2 dark lances = 100 x 3.
300 points

Kabal of the Deepest Despair airborne forces
3 Raider squads of 10, with 1 blaster, 1 splinter cannon, 1 night shield, and 1 raider each = 165 x 3.
495 points.

Fast Attack
Jeseff's Scythes
5 Reaver Jetbikes, with 2 blasters, and a succubus armed with a power weapon, tormentor helm, and plasma grenades.
183 points

Dar'Knas's Vile Wings
5 Hellions with Blaster
100 points

Heavy Support
Kabal of the Deepest Despair Slaughter Forces
2 Ravagers with 3 disintegrators each, and night shields = 140 x 2.
280 points

Darcim'yaga Fighter Wing
1 Raven attack craft with long barrelled splinter cannon, and twin-linked dark lances.
223 points

Total 2,000
HQ = 419
Troop = 795
Fast Attack = 283
Heavy Support = 503

The plan's simple.
Archon Kijayle and her jetbike companions will charge up the most advantagous flank, absorbing s--t loads of firepower in the process, and singling out the first thing in power armour. They will also be blocing the entry points to any transports, as the dark lances from vehicles pick them off.

The 4 Raiders will act as shields for the Ravagers, the Ravagers will kick ass. Meanwhile, the Hellions will deep strike against any enemy armour whilst the Raven straffs the artillery emplacements Guard and Tau might use.

I have:
11 Dark lances (one twin-linked)
6 Blasters
6 Splinter Cannons (one long barreled)
6 Disintegrators
63 Splinter Rifles
69 warriors

And so far I already outshot a Guard and Tau army in my trial games.

Any criticisms?

Offline ~Fallen~Sun~

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Who needs actions when you've got words?
Re:Movin up to 2,000
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2003, 09:15:36 PM »
Ok, just a few questions and comments.

The PW on your Archon, is that just a personal preference or is there a tactical reason behind it?

The retinue for the Dracon, you don't see a lot of people going shooty with thistype of unit. What was the reason for your selection here?

The night shields on the raiders, what kind of tactics are you using that really allow them to be worth their points?

I take it from the comp of the list that you enjoy being fire power heavy (me too) but I don't see a lot of CC or assault ability, how do you handle it if your opponent has a lot?

I like the addition of the Raven, you don't see many armies including them, how effective has it been for you?

Otherwise I like the list and I can see how it would do well.

Oh My Great Googely-Oogely... will you just shut the hell up and die already?

Archon Vijayle

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2003, 09:29:34 PM »
The power weapon was to save some points for the Archon, and mainly because she's strength 4 + 1 for the drugs.

The Dracon's retinue is indeed shooty... but all my raiders tend to get shot down. Normally it's just 3 raider squads, but with the HQ I've been able to have it as 4 raiders now.

As for the night shields on the raiders... like I said, I'm shooty. Against Tau with their 30 inch range these help a lot for the first wave of shooting, and against other armies too.

As for HtH. I have an Archon, and an army with WS 4, I 5. But with raiders and night shields I tend to hit and run. Fly forwards, shoot, fall back. Tyranids, Orks, and even blood angels have trouble getting near me.

As for the Raven, lets just say a Ravager can do more damage if it can just get in the right place, but nine times out of ten it'll be moving 6 inches, cowering behind Raiders. Though I get poor Reserve rolls, my Raven has taken out more than its fair share of basilisks, griffons, hammer heads, and vindicators. I also take it because I'm just getting bored with the 3 ravager choices.

Offline Quentith

• What else would you expect?
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2003, 10:37:39 PM »
do you need your opponents permission for the raven or not? iirc it was in the Imperial Armor or something, but im not sure what the rules were for stuff out of that.
The real reason to collect Dark Eldar - if they fall on the floor the sharp bits hurt when your opponent steps on them

Archon Vijayle

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2003, 06:07:02 PM »
no, its legit. You're thinking of VDR rules