News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: "Mon-Keigh"  (Read 1777 times)

Offline TokathMarg

• The Scorpion of Death
"Mon-Keigh"
« on: March 26, 2002, 06:30:26 PM »
Quoting from "The Torturers Tale", WD241:

"He saw creatures sprawling across the realm of our people, ugly mon-kei like you humans and the brutal O, the insufferable Kroots and others."

Now, as far as i can tell, this makes "mon-kei" (which should be mon-keigh, if I am not wrong) point at all the mentioned races, that is humans, orks and kroots + others. Normally, mon-keigh is used only about humans, but I begin to wonder if this word is used to define all undeserving races of the universe.
"United we stand; divided we fall; together we are One"

Since everyone seems to make such nice "Win Draw Losses" statistics in their signature, I think I'll do that as well...these stats, for some reason, do not include all the games I played earlier and can't remember the outcome of (nor do they include those I can remember the outcome of, as this would mean a bit high score on the win side)

Wins     Draws     Losses
  1             1             1

Offline Hunted Sympathizer

• Surely there are those that sympathize?
Re:"Mon-Keigh"
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2002, 06:59:21 PM »
I pronounce it 'monkey'.  And one of the fiction pieces in the back of the Eldar Codex talks about its meaning.
--
Surely there are select humans in the galaxy that sympathize with the Eldar.  Would they not be welcome to fight as well?

Offline Kage2020

• Knower of Things
  • Ancient
  • Mar a tha, mar a bha, mar a bhitheas vyth go bragh
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2002, 06:51:31 AM »
And I believe that there is a thread slightly further down the board which also addresses this topic.

Offline hatboy15

• My bretheren rally to my banner!
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2002, 12:18:03 AM »
You are right in assuming that mon-keigh stands for every other stupid race.
Me and my friends have found after many years and much questing, looking thourgh an eldar dictionary, that mon-keigh stands for, all ignorant races that are undeserving of owning a name.
So all races beside eldar are in effect mon-keigh.
WinMX, Kazaa, Cable Connection, CD-RW... all the tools needed to break the law. of course i dont use any of 'em, no not at all.

Exacto Knife:$5, Blister Pack:$8, Green Stuff:$10, 13 Band-aids:$1, Totally kick a$$ Asurman conversion: priceless

Cheantoa

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2002, 12:43:39 AM »
Yes, any non Eldar is a Mon Keigh. (oddly enough I've always said it Mon Kay).

Originally the Mon Keigh were an idiotis race that held the Eldar in slavery by sheer force. An Eldar hero stepped up and killed all of them, but since then all non Eldar have been generally called "Mon Keigh" normally with a "Stupid" or "ignorant" infront.