News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: New Dex, New army  (Read 1847 times)

Offline faitherun (Fay-ith-er-run)

• Armies: Pointy Ears and bugs
New Dex, New army
« on: April 8, 2018, 10:01:50 AM »
So here is my first take on a new army for my True Kin

3 Detachments, 2k points.

First detachment is Kabal of the Black Heart. Spearhead.
(76 pts) Archon with Huskblade and Writ of the Living Muse -
(140 Pts ea) 2x Ravagers with 3 Dark Lances
(125 Pts) Ravager with 3 Disentegrators
(90 pts ea) 3x Raiders with Dark Lances, Shock Prow, Phantasm Grenade Launcher and Grisly Trophies

Second Detachment is Cult of the Red Grief - Battalion
(59 pts) Succubus with Shardnet and Triptych Whip
(60 pts) Succubus with Blood Glaive and Blast Pistol
(96 pts ea) 3x 10 Wyches with 2 Hydra Gauntlets and a Sharnet
(154 pts ea) 2x 6 Reavers with two blasters and 2 Grav Talons

Third Detachment is Coven of the Dark Creed
(81 pts ea) 2x Hameoncuus with Electrocrosive Whip and Stinger Pistol
(56 pts ea) 2x 5 wracks with an ossefactor
(90 pts) 10 wracks
(85 pts ea) 2x Raiders with Disintegrators, Shock Prow, Phantasm Grenade Launcher and Grisly Trophies

Rough tactics - Ravagers sit back and shoot. The archon sits nearby and gives them re-rolls. The Raiders are there for the wyches.

Wyches get in the Black Heart raiders, and shimmy down the field. Reavers slam in for a first turn charge to tie up units as need be.

The two wyches will join up with the Wracks and Hameys in their raiders. Dark creed is there to mess up LD. 10 man Wrack squad will hang back to screen and help hold objectives.

Blood Glaive Succubus is going to try and hunt down enemy warlord. If she can kill him, pop the strat for Pray they don't take you alive!

This means if I can get a PGL shot off, 3 Dark Creed units, and the aforementioned Strat, enemy units are -5 to LD.

The thing I like is that my whole offensive is not based around those LD shennanigans. They are a very powerful tool but not the only tool. The Whip Relic, depending on opponent, may get exchanged for the Helm of Spite on her or a Hamenoculi depending on opponent.

Starting with 10 CP and burning 3 on relics leaves me with 7 CP to play with. May throw one Raider with Wracks into the WWP for 1 CP depending on opponent too. Archon is warlord, and will burn 1 CP to give a trait to the Succubus and Hamey too. Hamey will take Fear Incarnate and  Archon Labyrinth Cunning for CP recycling. Succubus trait will depend on opponent, but probably the +1 to Invul saves. 3++ is nice.

Thoughts?

Edit:  Removed rules descriptions.  Even with a new codex, still follow the basis that people replying will know what you are talking about just by the name of the rule.  --- GML
« Last Edit: April 8, 2018, 10:56:35 AM by Grand Master Lomandalis »
So, what your saying is it's not your fault you look stupid by using words you don't get?
Flawless logic.

Offline Dread

• Warlock
  • Voidraven, the stone skipping across the universe.
  • Armies: Eldar, DE, Harlis, Necrons,  sisters, Death guard
Re: New Dex, New army
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2018, 11:00:05 PM »
I just got the book. Just a quick look so far. I will hopefully be able to advise you better soon. Now that being said, Khan was the worst, ah, er, um I mean what I see in your lists looks really sound and an all around list. Looks good to use against any advisary.
"Burning thru the universe in search of peace only brings more war. Peace is an illusion, war is reality, that is the way of things"

Farseer Gol'Istria of    the Morea Nebula craftword