News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: My Aeldari and Aelf  (Read 60300 times)

Offline Cavalier

• One Archon to Rules Test Them All | High Corsair Prince of Painting | Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Angels, World Eaters
Re: Start of my Corsair Journey.
« Reply #40 on: July 16, 2016, 09:13:57 AM »
Ah a veteran after my own heart. That makes sense. I'm starting to get envious of the guys I play with. They've all been in the hobby for less than 3 years and everyone has 3-6 armies and they are all really expansive collections. One guy has only been playing for like a year and half has 6 fully painted armies (the Nurgle guy I played last week). I'm like what the hell? Lol

Anyway great stuff Magenb its a monster of a warhost I love it!
Check out my army! Eldar Corsair Army

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #41 on: July 21, 2016, 11:50:40 PM »
Back to Corsair's :)

2mm x 1mm N50 Magnets do such a nice job.

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #42 on: July 23, 2016, 07:07:38 AM »
Nice job Magenb. The Splintercannon upgrade is so underrated. I really do hope DE Reavers can get a chance to get that in the next book. The firepower is ungodly.

BTW where did you get your magnets BTW?I want to remagnetize my hornets and I cant get the little magnets I want locally. Is there an online store your prefer?

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/

Offline Calamity

• Concussor Concussed Dice | Captain
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Cocking up miniatures since 1998
  • Armies: Kharadron Overlords, Bloodbound, Celestial Lions
« Reply #43 on: July 23, 2016, 10:37:09 AM »
Gold and blue is a killer combination.  8)

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #44 on: July 23, 2016, 09:38:09 PM »
BTW where did you get your magnets BTW?I want to remagnetize my hornets and I cant get the little magnets I want locally. Is there an online store your prefer?

I get them from back2baseix as they are atleast in the same country as me, so they get here a little quicker. Basically once you know the size and strength you can find them on ebay.

That size also works on their flights stands, but it is right on the limit of what they can hold.

This is what I did with my Hornets, it works OK, but I think it would work better if I counter sunk it a bit, and left it raised a little on the other side.

I put on on the tip and another in the shield, this works well.

Offline vonny

• I *LOVE* 40k OFFline!
  • Armies: Tyranids, Lamenters (BA), Eldar (Iyanden), 1k Sons
« Reply #45 on: July 26, 2016, 03:28:19 PM »
I also get them from back to base ix, I love that place (and I'm from across the globe). I also got my magnetized flight stands from there, really good place
check out my Iyanden painting blog.

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #46 on: July 28, 2016, 12:12:49 AM »
I put on on the tip and another in the shield, this works well.
(Image removed from quote.)

Just a clarification, thse are using 1 x 1 magnets, the mounting point/hole on the weapons aill not support 2 x 1.

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #47 on: August 11, 2016, 02:17:22 AM »
Well while I'm waiting for a game I can field the corsairs in, I went through my redo box.

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #48 on: August 11, 2016, 07:26:54 AM »
Nice! I painted up the FW Avatar (and a Revenant) for my first commission... boy do I wish he was a gargantuan creature! He'd be so good...

Question about "Waiting for a game where you can play your Corsairs". Are people not wanting to play against your Corsairs or don't like FW or something? Just wondering.

Anyway cool stuff bud keep it up :)

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #49 on: August 11, 2016, 06:39:56 PM »
Question about "Waiting for a game where you can play your Corsairs". Are people not wanting to play against your Corsairs or don't like FW or something? Just wondering.

My local game store is an independant with 1/2 the store setup with gaming tables, but it has become rare to see 40k on them. The last tourney I just entered no one else rocked up.

My nearest GW store is tiny, just big enough to have demo games.

Seems the GW store isn't hard up on sales, so there must be some players floating around, just having a hard time finding them.

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #50 on: August 12, 2016, 07:18:50 AM »
I see. I've been there its the similar in my area. The 40k scene is really tough around here. Its a major distance to get to the GW (which is thriving with tons of games going on) and the local scene is tough because there aren't a lot of players and its sort of divided at that.

That stinks Magenb, I know you've been cranking through the modeling and painting. Hope you can rustle up some games. Networking through Facebook has been huge for me, if it wasn't for that I'm not sure how I'd ever have met the group I play with, nor how I'd arrange games with my group as a whole.

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #51 on: August 12, 2016, 07:26:23 AM »
GW should put out a "Find players" app  ;D

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #52 on: August 12, 2016, 08:21:09 AM »
Indeed. A good idea might be to ask your GW rep where you could get some regular games in. It took me about 2 years of intermitent searching to find a place to play on the regs, and it was right under my nose the whole time. EDIT: I was still painting my army at the time and not really, looking too, too hard cause I was waiting for the 6th ed dex and trying to finish my army.

Actually in the old WD, the store finder section was what got me rolling. I actually think they have a store finder search engine on their website.

I hope you find a place because your army is cool! Keep us posted buddy and good luck

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #53 on: October 6, 2016, 10:49:06 PM »
Well haven't had much time to drop on 40k of late, but the Death Masque box came in.

Tried to do the Diamonds, but yeah I suck at it. Still I did like having them on the inside of the Jesters coat.

The new Eldrad is stunning, and a bit fragile, becareful when cutting the wraithbone dangly bit.

The "runes" are actually from the Harlies decal sheet, there is a a run of them that just seem to fit nicely after being cut up.

The colour scheme continues lol.

Offline Looshkin

• Aspect Warrior
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Once held an Utter Fear of Tiny Diamonds
  • Armies: I 'play' Eldar. Or at least horde unpainted models
« Reply #54 on: October 7, 2016, 03:29:06 AM »
Tried to do the Diamonds, but yeah I suck at it. Still I did like having them on the inside of the Jesters coat.

Personally, I think that you've made a great attempt at the diamonds. There are plenty of painters out there that wouldn't have even tried to achieve , or can achieve, the results that you've produced. It's the reason that I have several Harlequin boxes unopened in my garage. FOTD. Fear of Tiny Diamonds.
WD127 - Started a Love Affair my Wallet Just Can't Cope With...

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #55 on: October 7, 2016, 07:00:42 AM »
Hey Magenb. Glad to see some new stuff. I think diamonds came out really good too. The lines look really straight and crisp. The paint jobs on the other models look nice as well. BTW I think the angle you photo'd Eldar at is probably the best I've seen. I wasn't really sold on the model till seeing yours. I thought there was something off in the pose... but now I can see it properly I really like it. The Venom looks nice too... looks like you have a cool transfer on the front too. Can't wait to get some more Harlie stuff as I love their transfers.

Anyway great stuff Mage, nice clean and consistent paint jobs all around. Make sure you keep us posted! :)

Offline Dread

• Warlock
  • Voidraven, the stone skipping across the universe.
  • Armies: Eldar, DE, Harlis, Necrons,  sisters, Death guard
« Reply #56 on: October 7, 2016, 07:42:59 PM »
Looks great. I gave up on diamonds. Kudos
"Burning thru the universe in search of peace only brings more war. Peace is an illusion, war is reality, that is the way of things"

Farseer Gol'Istria of    the Morea Nebula craftword

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #57 on: October 9, 2016, 04:10:59 PM »
It will be interesting to see if they use the new Eldrad model as a replacemtn or if they'll just leave it as part of the box set, either way its a big improvement over the original.

The underside of the harlies jackets are alot easier to do the diamonds on than the limbs and I rather like the way it looks. I tried the blue/red diamond on one of the troops and yeah it wasn't pritty lol. Whoever did the Shadowseer on the gameworkshop web site is just epic, not only lots of tiny diamonds, but faded as well.

Nice spot Cav, the front transfer on the voidweaver is my craftworld symbol. All of my allies vehicles get links back to my CWE army.

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Re: Start of my Corsair Journey and other bits.
« Reply #58 on: January 22, 2017, 03:02:15 AM »
well I branched out a little...

Offline Looshkin

• Aspect Warrior
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Once held an Utter Fear of Tiny Diamonds
  • Armies: I 'play' Eldar. Or at least horde unpainted models
« Reply #59 on: January 22, 2017, 03:18:49 AM »
Cool minis and a sweet paint job. I really like the use of spot colours.
WD127 - Started a Love Affair my Wallet Just Can't Cope With...