News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 1850 competitive dark Eldar coven  (Read 3167 times)

Offline BoyWonder

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
1850 competitive dark Eldar coven
« on: January 29, 2015, 08:32:25 AM »
Archon w/blaster/:75
2x5 kalabite warriors w/blasts/110
Razorwing w/dark lances/monoscythe missiles/:170
3 ravagers w/dark lances/:375

Coven detachment

dark artisan
Haemonculus w/scissor hands/sympriqs sump/:90
Cronos w/spirit vortex/:125
Talos w/ichor injector/:130

Corpsethief claw
5 talos w/ichor injectors/:650

Dedicated transports
2 raiders w/dark lances/:120

Offline Master Bio-Titan BT

• Armies: Chaos Marines and Tyranids
Re: 1850 competitive dark Eldar coven
« Reply #1 on: February 1, 2015, 04:43:06 PM »
Your spending too many points for that Razorwing!  With what you listed as equipment it should only cost 140 points. 

No Night Shields on the Ravagers!?  :o
« Last Edit: February 1, 2015, 04:44:36 PM by Master Bio-Titan BT »

2008 CSM Poster of the Year

My CSM Conversions & Tutorials (Updated 12-22-12) 

My Tyranid Conversions & Tutorials  (Updated 12-23-12)

Offline BoyWonder

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #2 on: February 3, 2015, 08:12:36 AM »
That is my mistake. I will adjust the points that should give me enough for the night shields on my ravagers.  What do you think about putting a wwp on my haemonculus with my talos and cronos. Aside from that do you believe this is a strong list.
« Last Edit: February 3, 2015, 10:26:04 AM by BoyWonder »

Offline Plastikente

• Back Online!
  • Armies: Craftworld Eldar, Dark Eldar, Tau
« Reply #3 on: February 3, 2015, 11:41:29 AM »
I'm not convinced of the value of Night Shields on Ravagers.  If you have to jink, you basically throw away a turn's shooting, but if you don't jink, the NS only gives you a 6+ save.  I have tried placing 1 Ravager with NS in a ruin, so that it has a starting cover save to improve, but doing that sacrifices mobility.

On the other hand, I haven't fielded 3 Ravagers in a single list since the new Codex, so let me know your experiences on the table top.

I am a big fan of the Dark Artisan, but my personal preference is to give them a WWP to terrify my opponent with a precision arrival of 2 high-toughness monstrous creatures.

Offline BoyWonder

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #4 on: February 3, 2015, 03:30:16 PM »
Ok so I will use the points from the overpriced razor wing to get a wwp. Do you think I should was out the Raiders for venoms. I really wanted the Raiders for some added anti tank.

Offline Wyldhunt

« Reply #5 on: February 4, 2015, 12:41:08 AM »
I'm not a fan of raiders for AT.  The single lance never seems to hit, and even when it does, you're still pretty likely to not do much (if any) damage.  Personally, I'd rather use scourges, haywire grenades, and blasters for AT.  Venoms give you a crippling amount of poison.  Oddly, I like raiders for melee units as night shields and the extra hull point can go a long way towards semi-suicidal melee rushes.

Offline Plastikente

• Back Online!
  • Armies: Craftworld Eldar, Dark Eldar, Tau
« Reply #6 on: February 6, 2015, 08:53:30 AM »
I find my Raiders quite unreliable for ant-tank, because they often need to jink.  In your particular list, I would go probably go for venoms, because you have small squads.  Then again, that leaves your Archon without a ride.

Another option is to swap the Dark Lances for Disintegrators.  These can be a nasty surprise for the many, many MEQ/TEQs out there, the higher volume of fire also means you have a reasonable chance of hitting something even after jinking.

Offline Dread

• Warlock
  • Voidraven, the stone skipping across the universe.
  • Armies: Eldar, DE, Harlis, Necrons,  sisters, Death guard
« Reply #7 on: March 3, 2015, 12:30:57 AM »
I agree about the venoms. Smaller targets with way more shots, albeit troops and not armor that's where ya take someone in it with a blaster. I'm actually gonna have to pull apart one of my DL ravagers and add dizzies.

Another thing I just caught on to is 5 scourges with 4 heavy/special weapons, holy crap! So I now have 5 with each weapon versions and use the raiders detachment to have 6 FA choices. This is one to think about. Good luck.
"Burning thru the universe in search of peace only brings more war. Peace is an illusion, war is reality, that is the way of things"

Farseer Gol'Istria of    the Morea Nebula craftword