News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Critical views for my planned 1850  (Read 1467 times)

Offline paperSTsoapsCO

• Newest
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Critical views for my planned 1850
« on: February 28, 2014, 09:30:32 PM »
1849 Pts Dark Eldar
HQ
Archon(170 Pts): Kabalite Armour, Plasma Grenades, SSplinter Pistol, Huskblade, Combat Drugs, Phantasm Grenade Launcher, Shadow Field,

Troops
Kabalite Warrior(180 Pts)
- Kabalite Warrior(10): Kabalite Armour, Splinter Rifle, Splinter Cannon,
- Raider(1): Dark Lance, Splinter Racks, Night Shield,

Kabalite Warrior(180 Pts)
- Kabalite Warrior(10): Kabalite Armour, Splinter Rifle, Splinter Cannon,
- Raider(1): Dark Lance, Splinter Racks, Night Shield,

Fast Attack
Reavers(156 Pts)
- Reaver(6): Wychsuit, SSplinter Pistol, CCW, Combat Drugs, Reaver Jetbike, Bladevanes, Heat Lance(2),

Elites
Incubi(153 Pts)
- Incubi(4): Incubus Warsuit, Klaive,
- Venom(1): Splinter Cannon, Splinter Cannon, Flickerfield,

Heavy Support
Ravager(115 Pts): Dark Lance(3), Night Shield,

Voidraven Bomber(145 Pts): Void Lance(2), Void Mine,

Ally Eldars
HQ
Autarch(145 Pts): Heavy Aspect Armour, Shuriken Pistol, Haywire Grenades, Plasma Grenades, Forceshield, Eldar Jetbike, Fusion Gun, Laser Lance, Mantle Of The Laughing God,

Ally Eldars
Troops
Guardian Defenders(255 Pts)
- Guardian Defenders(10): Mesh Armour, Shuriken Catapult, Plasma Grenades, Heavy Weapon Platform,
- Heavy Weapon Platform(1): Bright Lance,
- Wave Serpent(1): Serpent Shield, TL Scatter Laser, Shuriken Cannon, Holo Fields,

Ally Eldars
Elites
Striking Scorpions(350 Pts)
- Striking Scorpions(9): Heavy Aspect Armour, Shuriken Pistol, Scorpion Chainsword, Plasma Grenades, Mandiblasters,
- Exarch(1): Heavy Aspect Armour, Plasma Grenades, Mandiblasters, Scorpion's Claw, Crushing Blow,
- Wave Serpent(1): Serpent Shield, TL Bright Lance, Shuriken Cannon

The list isn't really made for competitive play and will mostly see action against two friends who play Tau and Orks. The plan is to rush the back lines with the reavers and autarch while bringing in the scorpions on a flank and hopefully getting the archon and his unit into CC as soon as possible. I'm wondering if I'll be bringing enough CC elites to handle the orks and also about my troops choices.

Offline benmannen

• SPAMMER: I think my posts are important!
    • Benmannens Dark Eldar
Re: Critical views for my planned 1850
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2014, 10:38:27 AM »
Looks like a pretty cool list.

The scorpions are great. A very tough distraction, i like them a lot.

I think the list will play well but the lack of scoring units will lose you games.

Guessing the Archon will go with Incubi, you
Have really tooled him to the max. Huskblade is not that great unfortunately. S3 wont wound many of the important stuff you meed to kill even if it's AP2. Go with an agonizer or maybe just even a Venom blade. Keep him cheap. Shadowfield + agonizer or venom blade is enough.  I skip the shadowfield most of the times and give him a Blaster.

Also get sergeants for warriors and reavers. Its a big difference w ld 9 over 8! Dump the splinter cannon if you have splinter racks.

Dark Eldar is all about keeping things cheap and getting more bodies and skimmers. And night Shields is an awesome upgrade :)