News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Slaneesh'y Avatar - Cauldron of Blood  (Read 2539 times)

Offline THE Dwarf

• The one and true Ginger Dwarf
  • Armies: Space Marines; Salamanders  &   Eldar;
Slaneesh'y Avatar - Cauldron of Blood
« on: October 1, 2013, 09:27:53 AM »
This may of been mentioned ... or be totally un-fluffy but as GWs fluff can be and has been re-written many times over it could be feasible ...

But with the new Dark Elves Cauldron of Blood out with the Avatar of Khaine standing atop of it
I had a thought that you could take that Avatar and use it (Maintly modelling wise thinking about it) if you are using a Dark Eldar Army with Craftworld Eldar Allies
But going for a more Dark Eldar look over all - so the Craftworld Eldar are models to be corsair etc...

And I thought it would look pretty cool if you use the Cauldron of Blood Avatar to be a Slaneesh'ified Avatar of Khaine
Such as being this Fragment of the God was found upon a Slaneesh daemon world during the time the Lords and their Kabals go a hunting
Came across it and have managed to awaken the fragment as the Avatar of Khaine

To me this idea does sound pretty cool :)

What do you guys think?
And sorry if this is in the wrong section ... but it has been a while since I posted on here and not sure where it would be put

The Dwarf
THE Dwarf

BATTLES; W/L/D  -  Updated 13/12/2012
Space Marines; Salamanders - 38/14/9
Craftworld Eldar; Saim-Hann - 2/3/4
TOURNAMENTS
40k Doubles, Feb '12; L-L-D-W-W  -> Rank; 84/114
Immortal Warzone, Apr '12; L-L-W  -> Rank; 46/60
INVASION, Aug '12; W-W-L

Offline Koval, Master Verispex

• 40kOnline's Care Bear of Tanks | The Velvet Glove of Fated Tenderness and Ambition
  • Ancient
  • Well, that was unexpected...
  • Armies: Imperial Guard (Indelvian 190th Mechanised)
Re: Slaneesh'y Avatar - Cauldron of Blood
« Reply #1 on: October 1, 2013, 09:51:12 AM »
I do worry that you're conflating the Dark Eldar and Slaanesh. More to the point, if a fragment of Khaine ended up forming an Avatar on a Slaaneshi daemon world for whatever reason, we'd probably be dealing with a repeat of the aftermath of Kher-Ys whereby the "Avatar" ended up becoming a Keeper of Secrets' new suit of armour.

It's probably worth pointing out, although I also plan to convert the Cauldron of Blood statue into an Avatar, that it's not actually an Avatar in and of itself... firstly because WFB doesn't deal with the Murdered Pantheon (or didn't the last time I checked) -- hence no shattered Khaine -- and secondly because the cult of Khaine is an established part of Dark Elf lore in WFB. So what you're seeing is a giant idol, and the Cauldron of Blood an altar.

Exactly what this has to do with the Dark Eldar, I've no idea!

Offline Plastikente

• Back Online!
  • Armies: Craftworld Eldar, Dark Eldar, Tau
« Reply #2 on: October 1, 2013, 06:04:26 PM »
I have also been eyeing up the new cauldron of blood - awesome model which could fit in very well with a DE army.  My personal thought was to use the Bloodwrack medusa as a Haemonculus, and maybe mount the cauldron on a tantalus hull (no idea if it would fit) - just for coolness.

Although I can't put my finger on any of the fluff right now, I thought the DE hated Slaanesh as much as the CWE do.  They don't worship Chaos, they have their own Dark Muses.  That said, I don't think there's anything unfluffy about having some CWE who, over the years, have drifted further and further towards dark murdery-ness, hence they still have their Avatar but act quite a lot like the dark kin.

PS.  Anyway, doesn't a cauldron of blood have a bit more of a "Blood for the Blood God" type of feel than an altar to the God a sensuous overindulgence?
« Last Edit: October 1, 2013, 06:12:27 PM by Plastikente »

Offline THE Dwarf

• The one and true Ginger Dwarf
  • Armies: Space Marines; Salamanders  &   Eldar;
« Reply #3 on: October 2, 2013, 09:01:56 AM »
Yeah, sorry I did not mean it had been corrupted by Slaneesh ... sorry for that
But more like what Plastikente said ... so a Craftworld Eldar, with is Avatar, had gone closer to the darker ways of the Dark Eldar ... for what ever reason
And so as the Craftworld changed and the members of it changed ... so would the Avatar each time it is awakened
That make more sense?
THE Dwarf

BATTLES; W/L/D  -  Updated 13/12/2012
Space Marines; Salamanders - 38/14/9
Craftworld Eldar; Saim-Hann - 2/3/4
TOURNAMENTS
40k Doubles, Feb '12; L-L-D-W-W  -> Rank; 84/114
Immortal Warzone, Apr '12; L-L-W  -> Rank; 46/60
INVASION, Aug '12; W-W-L