News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Fixin tha Krooza Mission 2 - Aug's Armored Krumpany  (Read 1192 times)

Offline adamscurr

• Mega Armored Biker Boss
  • Armies: Evil Sunz, Crimson Fists
Fixin tha Krooza Mission 2 - Aug's Armored Krumpany
« on: October 22, 2011, 08:44:57 PM »
So I got a battle today for the second fixin the krooza mission…  My neice was kind enough to come over and take control of the Black Templars, a new army I picked in trade and have been playing with lately.  I played the orks for this mission and she took on the crusaders of the Emporer. 

Here is the orks…  Both lists are the same as the pervious battle…  Listed here…
http://www.40konline.com/index.php?topic=217702.0

Here are the orks, ready for battle…

Here are the black templars, though many still have my crimson fist heraldry…

The mission is Spearhead, three objectives in the middle of the board, set by my opponent.  She decided to post them in a straight line…

Turn 1

I won the roll off and decided to go first.  I put my mek, the ard boyz, and a battle wagon out there, planning to bring my army on behind them.  She put nothing on the table, so I drove forward with my whole army, but left the trucks in reserve.

She brought the LRC on he side and walked the terminators on.  The assault marines flew on, running a little more.  One of the terminator units targeted the looted wagon and shook it and immobilized it, which wasn’t a bad thing as it was nicely behind the wrecked falcon.  The other tried to take out the baron, but the cover save from turbo boosting saved him.  The LRC opened up on the rokkit buggies, killing two and blowing the weapon off the third, taking it out of the fight.  The multimelta failed to damage the battle wagon.

Turn 2
I rushed the terminators with my trukk boyz that came in from reserve.   I lost half the boyz, but all of the terminators were killed.  Everything else moved up. 
My opponent’s drop pod came in.  She put it near the closest central objective.  And proceeded to shoot a little bit.

Turn 3
The nobz, after their wagon was wrecked, are forced to foot slog.  They put the initiates in their sights and start running at them.  The battle was very one sided, as the fully wound allocated nob squad tears through the initiates, only taking a smattering of wounds.  To add insult the injury, the deff kopter that was skulking around added its buzz saw to the mix…
The trukk of the recently deceased boyz tank shocked the assault marines, forcing them back, but came up short of the other squad of initiates.  My other two trukks came in from reserve and sat back in hiding.  I wanted to use them later in the game to take objectives.
On the Black Templars turn, my opponent decided to get rid of the nobz.  She moved the LRC a full 12 inches and deployed the emporers champion and the assault terminators.  The assault marines also jumped into the fray, landing nearby and rushing the nobz.  After all of the attacks, most of the nobz didn’t even get to swing back, but a few did.  A picture is worth a thousand words, below is all that remained of the BT’s and all the nobz were killed along with the boss.

Turn 4
 Those pesky assault marines were getting on my nerves, so I moved a unit of trukk boyz forward and crushed them, only to be destroyed by the terminators on my opponents turn…  Also, the grots finally came in, running towards the back objective following the trukk.
Not wanting to be assaulted by the 20 ard boyz still in their battle wagons (I don’t think my wagons have ever lasted this long! Lol), my opponent moved her remaining initiate squad back a little out of assault range. 

Turn 5
I moved my battle wagon up to hold two objectives, though one was currently contested by the terminators.  I also moved my remaining trukk at the closest objective to my side.
My niece decided to get rid of the battle wagon and melta’d, missle’d, and thunder hammer’d it to death.  I lost 4 ard boyz in the resulting explosion. 

Turn 6
I used the deff kopter and the ard boyz to kill the terminators.  They were contesting two objectives where they were and I needed to get rid of them.  I now held all three objectives, but my possession was short lived.

My niece moved her initiates into position to claim one objective.  She couldn’t win the game, but she could kill the ard boyz and hold an objective (the center objective was contested by rokkit buggies).  She assaulted and did just that, killing the ard boyz to the nob, who fled and was run down.  She then consolidated on the objective, tying the game!

Conclusion
It was a really great game…  My niece is getting really good at 40k and wants to start a space wolves army…  I think this is a good thing!  As for the game, I really think my army did well.  The nobz got crushed by the assault terminators, but who doesn’t if they get charged by them.  The BT’s ability to reroll attacks makes them deadly against orks, but I was able to overcome them in a sea of green and kill them nonetheless.  The game swung back and forth, so a tie was justified in the end…
My MVP
I would have to give my MVP to the green baron.  He didn’t perform his usual role, which is to alpha strike a vehical, but rather lurked about adding his power klaw and rokkits to attacks.  In the end, he killed something like 7 marines, a terminator, and the emporer’s champion (finished him for me).  He didn’t get killed because there were so many other threats on the table that needed to be dealt with that he was ignored most of the game (except where he took krak missiles to the face, which his inv save after turboing kept him alive)
My LVP
I really don’t think any of my units underperformed.  Everyone did exactly as I had anticipated. 
My opponent’s MVP
Caitlin said her best unit was the Assault Terminators.  Combined with the LRC, they managed to kill the nobz, a unit of boys, two battle wagons, and a unit of rokkit buggies.  Not a bad tally of death!

Cause We's Da Orks, and You's Not!!!

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The best upgrade for an ork, is more orks!
  • Armies: Hmmmm.... Orks?
Re: Fixin tha Krooza Mission 2 - Aug's Armored Krumpany
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2011, 10:18:00 AM »
A great batrep, good stuff! I love to see the models in action, more good stuff.

Your battle wagons are some cool looking models, and the rest of your army is looking good too.

I see you are teaching your niece to play, this is good as it brings another player to the game, and helps give a teenager something to do besides text all day. This is bad because she will soon be a most vicious opponent.

At my local we have a few female players, one plays space wolves, one plays salamanders, one plays dark eldar, and one plays nids. (this doesn't count my daughter and her ravens, who still plays but not regularly) All of them are extremely good players who show no mercy, and will slaughter you to a model without any remorse. So beware, she will get good enough to beat you down. Whatever you do, don't let her start dark eldar, it is just a vicious combination, of remorseless army and remorseless player, very hard to fight against with even the slightest hope of even a tie.  :o

Good game, and good write up, thanks much I enjoyed it.
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)
     We orks are not about being the hero; We orks are about being the mob.

Quote from: angel of death 007
Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline adamscurr

• Mega Armored Biker Boss
  • Armies: Evil Sunz, Crimson Fists
Re: Fixin tha Krooza Mission 2 - Aug's Armored Krumpany
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2011, 01:04:36 PM »
Funny funny...  She's a good sport and is really interested in playing...  I got her started in Warhammer Fantasy with an old Dark Elf army I had.  She painted it in about 2 weeks (nothing spectacular, but it was certainly tournament ready...)

I kind of expected her to go for the Dark Eldar, but she really likes Thunder Wolves...  So I told her we could look at making a list that focuses on them (not hard since that is what most SW players like to play anyhow) and get some converted...  I'm sure I can find some fierce looking wolf minutures and stick some SW bikers on them...

Thanks for the compliment on the battle wagons...  I try to really have a unique looking ork army...  As I've said in anoter post on the ork board, mine are obviously not the standard battle wagon model, but I've never had them turned down in a tournament...

Adam

Cause We's Da Orks, and You's Not!!!